• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not Aviation Related...At The Mercy Of The Mods

Angels

Contributor
I love this thread because it puts my cats' paper-eating, bill-stealing, and kitchen-sponge-hiding habits into perspective; they seem charming feline idiosyncrasies rather than acts of wanton destruction. (Bonus: I am now armed with a multitude of reasons to keep myself from ever thinking that getting a puppy would be the right move for us.)

I'm still not thrilled with the "Let's Bury the Towel in the Litter Box" trick, though. That one's pretty disgusting.
Oh no! I don't want that! I have grown up my entire life with dogs and have never had such disobedient ones as these before! I had a dog Chet that you could probably put hot sauce in his eye and he still wouldn't do anything! Dogs are great pets! My husband Ken rescued all four of our pets this past year and all four of them are retarded! I don't think it's the animals, I think it's my husband pick of animals! He once even tried to "rescue" our neighbors dog! Ken- if it has a collar it's not a stray! :p

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Annalisa, your EvilKittens are absolute angels compared to Angels retarded mutt.
I'm sure the EvilKittens miss you very much, by the way. If you have any mail or other documents you want shredded, feel free to bring it over and they'll take care of it, no charge.

Oh no! I don't want that! I have grown up my entire life with dogs... Dogs are great pets!
Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. At this point in my life, I just love other people's dogs more--I can get my puppy fix without having to be the one responsible for walks and carrying extra plastic bags and having to make arrangements more involved than "Leave out plenty of food and water and a clean litter box" before going away for a day or two.

I never want to be one of those people who gets a dog and then doesn't give the animal everything he needs in terms of exercise, socialization with other dogs, mental stimulation, etc. I'm a pale, sunlight-averse geek whose natural habitat is in front of a computer screen madly tapping out lines of C++ code; I ain't about to go run a couple miles in the nice healthy fresh air with a loyal canine companion at my side every day. I am, however, more than happy to spend time with dogs and their humans who do have the wherewithal to keep 'em happy and healthy. :D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yes, Boomer (he does have a name other than demon dog!) is also guilty of this. We thought we would out smart him by putting up a baby gate to the room where the cat food bowls are. Of course we had to elevate it slightly off the ground so the cats could go through. Well, we were perplexed why the cats were still going through so much food so fast. Until one day I saw him army crawl under it! +1 for the dog. :eek:

Well, I wasn't really talking about cat food, unless it counts as that after it's been "processed by the feline end user"

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I HIGHLY recommend professional training. Mrs. Pags and I butted heads with the dog for awhile until we broke down and took him to Thee Doghouse* to be professionally trained. Expensive, but well worth every penny.

*Thee Doghouse is in Va Beach and I highly recommend it to anyone in the area. Myself and numerous squadron counterparts have taken their animals their and now all swear by them.

Do you mind me asking how much that ran? I'm seriously considering getting my future dog professionally trained before I take over. Everyone I know, save my retired uncle who has all day to break in dogs, swears by it.

Oh, and to those of you that dress up your dogs... :confused: Maybe, MAYBE I'll give you a working dog needs protection from the elements you put it into (protective foot pad covers for SAR dogs, PFD/reflective jacket for a dog near water constantly), but your dog does not need a fleece or a hoodie. If it cannot make it in the cold for 5 minutes to pee by itself, seriously, wtf? Dogs are animals and deserve to be treated as such. Treating them like a human child demeans the owner almost as much as the dog.

Angels

Contributor
Oh, and to those of you that dress up your dogs... :confused: Maybe, MAYBE I'll give you a working dog needs protection from the elements you put it into (protective foot pad covers for SAR dogs, PFD/reflective jacket for a dog near water constantly), but your dog does not need a fleece or a hoodie. If it cannot make it in the cold for 5 minutes to pee by itself, seriously, wtf? Dogs are animals and deserve to be treated as such. Treating them like a human child demeans the owner almost as much as the dog.
Sooo...what your saying is...you hate Air Warriors?! -1!
Air Warriors Store

AW Dog.jpg

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Great thing about living here on the island in Corpus Christi is if my dog decides to be too energetic, I just go into the backyard and throw him in the water and have him swim for a half hour or so. Sometimes I join him. When he is done, he is beat tired. I forget who said it earlier, but having your dog worn out is key. I can actually relax in the living room and he's passed out on the ground instead of bouncing off the walls wanting to play.

Angels

Contributor
Great thing about living here on the island in Corpus Christi is if my dog decides to be too energetic, I just go into the backyard and throw him in the water and have him swim for a half hour or so. Sometimes I join him. When he is done, he is beat tired. I forget who said it earlier, but having your dog worn out is key. I can actually relax in the living room and he's passed out on the ground instead of bouncing off the walls wanting to play.
We have a canal in the backyard too. One day we pushed him in and he refused to doggie paddle. He just clung on to the side of the rock wall for dear life. He had the most pitiful look on his face. I felt awful! :(

Pags

N/A
pilot
Do you mind me asking how much that ran? I'm seriously considering getting my future dog professionally trained before I take over. Everyone I know, save my retired uncle who has all day to break in dogs, swears by it.

It varied by size of dog, but we paid ~$1000 for a 60lb dog for three weeks of training. If your dog wasn't "proficient" by then, they'd continue training for no extra cash until it was ready (2 ETs and a reflight). If the dog wasn't up to snuff later, they'd retrain. If the dog still wasn't behaving as advertised, your money back. I know at least five people who have taken their dog to the location in VB and all have had the same excellent results.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
We have a canal in the backyard too. One day we pushed him in and he refused to doggie paddle. He just clung on to the side of the rock wall for dear life. He had the most pitiful look on his face. I felt awful! :(
Ah he'll get over it. I remember throwing Duncan in for the first time and he just kind of splashed violently and sank. Took me a couple days to teach him to swim. I would lift up his body a bit while in the water to straighten him out so he could doggie paddle with all four legs. Now he's very comfortable in the water. Almost too comfortable to the point where he'll now jump in on his own to fetch things and chase fish that jump up. It's a great work-out for him though. It's also nice to go for a swim and have the canine companion follow along.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Gehrig, my 10 lb dachshund is normally better behaved than most rescues, but has been known to:
-Sneak into neighbors' backyards to sniff around for other dogs
-steal food off the dinner table
-pee in my slippers
-eat cat poop
-leave dead squirrels on porch
-once attempted to eat neighbor's pet rabbit
-puke all over back seat of car
-doggus interruptus
-eat tampons out of the garbage
-hump dogs at the dog park, especially if they are bigger than him
-eat an entire footlong sub (which is bigger than he is) . . . then refuse to poop in the backyard and save it for my carpet instead.

All that being said, I'm so glad to be his momma!

chelley

By the way, I went to Target the other day and bought a small stainless steel step-lid trash can for the bathroom that looks a lot like our kitchen trash and has a heavy duty lid. I spent about $20 which is way more than I ever care to pay for a tiny little trash can, but now all I clean up are Kimber's big fat nose prints off the lid. Sure beats the alternative. :D