• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not Aviation Related...At The Mercy Of The Mods

Angels

Contributor
Random funny story about the homemade pet treats...I recently made a large batch of bone shaped dog cookies and mailed some to a few military friends who have dogs with a note saying they were for the dogs. The Air Force friend did not read the note and ate the dog bones! When asked if the shape of the cookie was any indication as to who the intended recipient was he said "I thought they were in that shape because I know you guys like animals." On a side note the Navy friend and Army friend did read the note and did not eat the dog bones...

I've heard from lots of people and the main man on tv,"Caesar Milan,"(yes I watch the dog whisperer) that most dogs who have chewing problems are usually bored and use it as a way to burn off energy. My dog used to chew my stuff and my solution to the problem was taking her running with me for about 2 miles or so. By the time we get back she is "usually" worn out for the rest of the day. Now if only I could get her started on bringing me beer from the fridge!

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
This really puts in to perspective the time where GreenWave+SNA2007's dog chewed up a lithium model helo battery and washed down the flavor with a bottle of bike chain lube.

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
My husky/malamute had killed two cats, countless possums, and a big-ass raccoon before finally dying of old age. He even brought one of the cats to me as a gift. He was a true warrior.

Angels

Contributor
Oh yea, and when Newman was at my parents house (they rescued him for me) he loved to chow down on kitty crunchies.
Yes, Boomer (he does have a name other than demon dog!) is also guilty of this. We thought we would out smart him by putting up a baby gate to the room where the cat food bowls are. Of course we had to elevate it slightly off the ground so the cats could go through. Well, we were perplexed why the cats were still going through so much food so fast. Until one day I saw him army crawl under it! +1 for the dog. :eek:

chelley

If it makes you feel any better, my Rhodesian Ridgeback is going through a similar phase. She sneaks off to do all this while we're home:

1. Ate and I mean ATE Hank's leather collar (He's the one in my avatar). Puked stomach acid every morning for a week until several 3-4 inch strips of WHOLE collar came up on the 8th day. Awesome.
2. Gets into the bathroom trash for that time of the month treasures.
3. Pees every time my husband looks at her the wrong way. Doesn't pee, wags her tail, and grins when I yell at and/or spank her.
4. Growls and barks at my husband every time he makes a noise she hasn't heard before.
5. Goes apesh*t every time you look at the leash. Jumps around like a maniac and claws the crap out of you for at least 10 minutes until you can get her calm enough to attach her to it.
6. Jumps up to the mantle in an attempt to bust down the treat jar that I hand painted.

There's plenty more... I just can't think of it. Things have been getting A LOT better lately. I started scolding her for chewing on inappropriate things and then immediately handing her a toy of hers. She's taken the hint quite well. Also, I highly recommend watching "It's Me or the Dog" over "The Dog Whisperer." The lady on "It's Me or the Dog" teaches a lot of good frustration techniques that have worked wonders on my ridgie pig. She's still absolutely mad, but she sits before we go outside instead of busting down the door and remains calm but trembles until the leash is attached. We're getting better every day. :D

Angels

Contributor
5. Goes apesh*t every time you look at the leash. Jumps around like a maniac and claws the crap out of you for at least 10 minutes until you can get her calm enough to attach her to it.
6. Jumps up to the mantle in an attempt to bust down the treat jar that I hand painted.

There's plenty more... I just can't think of it. Things have been getting A LOT better lately. I started scolding her for chewing on inappropriate things and then immediately handing her a toy of hers. She's taken the hint quite well. Also, I highly recommend watching "It's Me or the Dog" over "The Dog Whisperer." The lady on "It's Me or the Dog" teaches a lot of good frustration techniques that have worked wonders on my ridgie pig. She's still absolutely mad, but she sits before we go outside instead of busting down the door and remains calm but trembles until the leash is attached. We're getting better every day. :D
Ah yes, the leash thing. I have cuts from them that would rival any masochist. It's funny you mention the show "It's Me or the Dog". I am currently trying to get on that show! Unlike Caesar Milan she does travel to you. :)

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
We thought we would out smart him by putting up a baby gate...

Tried that with Nick...stupid Aussies can JUMP. I come home from API classes one day and he's entertaining himself by jumping back and forth in and out of the gated area...just jumping over and over and over again. I would have been pissed if it wasn't so entertaining to watch.

Bevo16

pilot
My husky/malamute had killed two cats, countless possums, and a big-ass raccoon before finally dying of old age. He even brought one of the cats to me as a gift.

I had a pet beagle when I was growing up. If there was something dead within a 3 mile radius of our house, he would find it and drop it on our back porch. The only think he ever killed was rats. He was hell on wheels with those things, must have notched 200 confirmed rat kills. He must have deliverd to us about 30 other species of dead varmint, but the tire tracks on most of them ruled old Barney out as the killer.

chelley

Ah yes, the leash thing. I have cuts from them that would rival any masochist. It's funny you mention the show "It's Me or the Dog". I am currently trying to get on that show! Unlike Caesar Milan she does travel to you. :)

Let me know if you get on... I like Victoria's style a lot better than Caesar Milan. I tend to think he only takes on people who have no business owning a pet or are first time pet owners instead of dogs with real problems.

GreenWave08

This really puts in to perspective the time where GreenWave+SNA2007's dog chewed up a lithium model helo battery and washed down the flavor with a bottle of bike chain lube.

Last night, she ate half a chicken she stole off the counter while I was in the shower. My roommate came home today to find the "remnants" of the chicken all over the house. Also, on the day I classed up for API I came over to SNA's and Beans's house to find her throwing up a sock in the middle of their living room, while SNA slept on the couch...

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
I love this thread because it puts my cats' paper-eating, bill-stealing, and kitchen-sponge-hiding habits into perspective; they seem charming feline idiosyncrasies rather than acts of wanton destruction. (Bonus: I am now armed with a multitude of reasons to keep myself from ever thinking that getting a puppy would be the right move for us.)

I'm still not thrilled with the "Let's Bury the Towel in the Litter Box" trick, though. That one's pretty disgusting.

MasterBates

Annalisa, your EvilKittens are absolute angels compared to Angels retarded mutt.

Having met all the above, I can say that with confidence.