• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Not Aviation Related...At The Mercy Of The Mods

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Dude.. You swim in the canals on Padre Island?

Hope you Herpagonasyphilitis vaccinations are up to date.
Yeah, I make sure to take a serious and extensive shower shortly after. Managed to not catch anything thus far.

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
I had a pet beagle when I was growing up. If there was something dead within a 3 mile radius of our house, he would find it and drop it on our back porch.

My beagle also did this. He was also very talented at rodent capture, but he wouldn't kill them. Just carry them around in his mouth til a.) we took them away or b.) the mouse died from shock. His most famous conquests where in the area of fine dining (he was pushing 50 lbs towards the end). During his ten years on earth he has eaten:

An entire cherry chocolate cake cooling while we opened Christmas presents.
Nearly 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies at once (numerous times)
An entire cheesecake (this blew my mind, how is it even possible?)
Half of a turkey
Whole boxes of cereal (he learned to open the bottom cabinets)
My most adored cabbage patch kid
Entire bags of candy, wrappers & all. LOVED chocolate.
Several hundred pencils over his lifetime
All the easter eggs (including shell) one easter before the hunt began. We thought Mom & Dad were being wet blankets and making the hunt way too difficult.

During his adjustment phase to our new house he also destroyed the entire bottom half of the bathroom door while he was locked in. We came home to him running loose and only the top to the door intact. I also cannot count the times he got loose and I would have to carry him home across town without a leash. He jumped out of the windows as well so we could never have them open more than a couple inches. He peed when he was yelled at, had the worst snoring problem, shed hair in CHUNKS & barked at any kind of bug. And I've missed that little bastard every day since he went to the big doghouse in the sky.

Angels

Contributor
...During his ten years on earth he has eaten:

An entire cherry chocolate cake cooling while we opened Christmas presents.
Nearly 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies at once (numerous times)
An entire cheesecake (this blew my mind, how is it even possible?)
Half of a turkey
Whole boxes of cereal (he learned to open the bottom cabinets)
My most adored cabbage patch kid
Entire bags of candy, wrappers & all. LOVED chocolate.
Several hundred pencils over his lifetime
All the easter eggs (including shell) one easter before the hunt began. We thought Mom & Dad were being wet blankets and making the hunt way too difficult.

...I also cannot count the times he got loose and I would have to carry him home across town without a leash. He jumped out of the windows as well so we could never have them open more than a couple inches. And I've missed that little bastard every day since he went to the big doghouse in the sky.
LOL!!! Your dog must have had an iron gut since chocolate is poisonous to dogs! Boomer would escape out the front door without a leash and we would have to carry him back home too. We always called it the walk of shame! :D Finally he listens when he is called now (most of the time). My childhood beagle mix Chet also jumped out of our 2nd floor window on base to chase a rabbit! He broke his leg and had to wear a pink cast! I still miss him. He was the best dog ever! The opposite of Boomer! Though he is getting better now! :D

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
This really puts in to perspective the time where GreenWave+SNA2007's dog chewed up a lithium model helo battery and washed down the flavor with a bottle of bike chain lube.

Tulip is a very "special" dog.

GreenWave and I were standing in the living room one day talking and Tulip comes up... sits down, and looks directly at GreenWave... it was very sweet... until GreenWave realized Tulip was actually pissing right there on the carpet in front of us.

Needless to say GreenWave was NOT impressed.

yak52driver

Contributor
It's great reading these stories. My wife and I adopt rescue labs that have been abandoned, etc. We had one that destroyed the carpet in our living room (it's now a wood floor) and the couch. She had some severe abandonment issues. But we have two labs now, one a chocolate that is the happiest dog I have ever seen. She gets the biggest smile when she's getting attention from us.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
It's great reading these stories. My wife and I adopt rescue labs that have been abandoned, etc. We had one that destroyed the carpet in our living room (it's now a wood floor) and the couch. She had some severe abandonment issues. But we have two labs now, one a chocolate that is the happiest dog I have ever seen. She gets the biggest smile when she's getting attention from us.

Thats awesome. I have 2 rescued dogs and 2 rescued cats. If I had the means, I would have more! Labs are great dogs, had a black one growing up.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
We got a rescue shepherd from the VGSR. She was a tough puppy. Wouldn't "eat" anything, but chewed everything up. Her favorite was to pull everything off the kitchen counter and chew it up. Phones, cookbooks, plastic, etc.

I couldn't take her running everyday or keep her occupied enough to prevent this junk from happening, so our solution. . .

. . . we adopted her sister. Now they tear each other up all day. They stay outside most of the day. We have 2+ acres with most of it woods, so they chase all the animals away. The only digging problem we have is when they hunt for moles. They dig all the mole tunnels up, then "play" with the mole until it won't play anymore (usually a spinal cord injury does it).

Two dogs, while more expensive than one, are easier.

yak52driver

Contributor
We got a rescue shepherd from the VGSR. She was a tough puppy. Wouldn't "eat" anything, but chewed everything up. Her favorite was to pull everything off the kitchen counter and chew it up. Phones, cookbooks, plastic, etc.

I couldn't take her running everyday or keep her occupied enough to prevent this junk from happening, so our solution. . .

. . . we adopted her sister. Now they tear each other up all day. They stay outside most of the day. We have 2+ acres with most of it woods, so they chase all the animals away. The only digging problem we have is when they hunt for moles. They dig all the mole tunnels up, then "play" with the mole until it won't play anymore (usually a spinal cord injury does it).

Two dogs, while more expensive than one, are easier.

Excellent solution! The happy lab we have was 138 lbs when we got her, she was severely overweight. She's down to about 90 lbs now, she goes running with me and it wears her out.