• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New official Command Check in Guidance

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In the USMC, the XO IS the security manager. Assistant Security Manager is the S-2.

MB is over-simplifying the process for sake of making a point, but he's not that far off. Everyone knows to be competitive in the Navy, you have to get the MO or Ops ticket punched. Then there's the Reserve side, where you do everything out of necessity...or at least the Active Reserve.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can't bust their balls too much, after all - Our CO's have to go through the ASC course, Legal course, and Commander's course...

That's pretty much what the PXO course is, training on all the programs you're expected to supervise/run (especially Maint, Safety, Legal, etc). Though now apaprently they want you to sign a Page 13 saying you understand you're not supposed to get a DUI, fuck the help, beat your JOs, and so on. Seriously.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
That's pretty much what the PXO course is, training on all the programs you're expected to supervise/run (especially Maint, Safety, Legal, etc). Though now apaprently they want you to sign a Page 13 saying you understand you're not supposed to get a DUI, fuck the help, beat your JOs, and so on.* Seriously.

One of my head shed check-in/welcome aboard briefs was with a bona-fide, BTDT, well-decorated O-6. I think he spent less than a minute on the "behave yourself" speech and managed to cover it more than adequately. Mostly he expressed his embarrassment for having sat through an hours-long seminar entitled "senior officer derailment" (*) at one of the war colleges-, embarrassment that such a seminar exists and embarrassment that his international/allied classmates would have to see such a ridiculous side of our military. And as he moved on to a more positive topic it occurred to me that not in a million years I would not want to test the man in this area. There's a word for this... it's on the tip of my tongue... starts with the letter "l' and rhymes with "eadership..."

As for the sealawyer paperwork Pg13, the only use I can see with that is if Big Navy used it to really hammer the screw-ups (ie. other than just quietly allowing them to retire).

CAMike

None
Contributor
It could be that the JAG's are taking a more proactive role in their pre-positioning.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The recent obsession with the PG13 acknowledgement of this or that policy is befuddling to me. Ignorance of the law (policy=law in most military cases) isn't an acceptable excuse in any other legal situation, so why do we allow it to be in the Navy?
Brett

Agree, but Page13 = easier to prosecute. It's that simple.
-ea6bflyr ;)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This PowerPoint showed up in my Grumman inbox today, having already been forwarded around the world at least twice.

As Terry Pratchet said: notoriety isn't as good as fame, but it's better than obscurity.

robav8r

None
Contributor
The Pinacle event in DH school for me (Amphib Base, Coronado - 2007) was a leadership "exercise" where two leaders tried to get two teams to march onto a sheet, and then maneuver them (without their knowledge) in such a manner so they would ultimately be standing on the opposite side of the sheet. Utter madness . . . .

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
There is even a school for PXO wives. Seriously. I assume it is optional but "highly encouraged".

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The Pg13 is a little overboard, as you can usually just use a roster of some sort to prove that the person had received the training/knowledge of the order.

The verbiage in the MCM for Article 92 is such that if a General/Flag officer issues an order and it is disobeyed that constitutes an offense.

For everyone else, you have to prove that the offender had knowledge of the order.

mid1510

Most spouses really enjoy this training and find it beneficial. They even try and fly them out to a carrier to observe "at sea" life in Naval Aviation.

Interesting that they have the money for that, but flight pay is still so low...