• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New official Command Check in Guidance

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
"redacted" version... MODS, delete the whole thread if there is a LEGIT threat it will go down the "romo's bitch" road!
Are you sh*tting me? I guess not... The comments on Salamander are epic:

Unfortunately it is all true. I am in Afghan on a GSA and my friend went to Fort Jackson in SC for pre-deployment IA training with her. Also, had a friend on the Howard with her. She failed out of DH school. Was TAD in Newport for 3 months until her DH class graduated, with her in it. She was a "quota" graduate. She was quickly fired off the Howard and went back to her previous shore tour at ATG in San Diego, where she was promptly IA'ed. It's all true. So sad, but true.

And this is how the Holly Graf's of the world are created.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Uhm, someone please REMOVE the PDF.... You can SELECT the "redacted" text in the PDF reader.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

Three posts up from my last post. It blows my mind that the Navy has such a thing. Ooooh, now you're a department head. Is there a CO school too, that includes lessons on "not throwing objects at your subordinates" and "not fucking the help?"

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Three posts up from my last post. It blows my mind that the Navy has such a thing. Ooooh, now you're a department head. Is there a CO school too, that includes lessons on "not throwing objects at your subordinates" and "not fucking the help?"
Actually there is a whole track of courses that PXOs are required to attend - but I had no idea there was SWO (or any designator) DH school...?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Yes, there is a Commanding Officer training track. They do learn this stuff, but appearantly it doesn't seem to stick with everyone.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

I think the SWO DH school is geared more towards their particular department they're going to run. Usually, a SWO shows up knowing that he's going to be the CHENG or the OpsO or whatever. I'm sure there's some leadership in there, too.

MasterBates

As opposed to the Aviation "you will be Safety if you've been to ASO school, Admin otherwise, and maybe QAO or training if we don't have a JO to fill the job, and then you will be either OPS or MO, unless you make the XO mad, then you will be the "Security Manager""..

Add in Det OIC for applicable communities, and perhaps skip Safety or Admin to make up for it.