• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New official Command Check in Guidance

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Interesting that they have the money for that, but flight pay is still so low...
One thing you'll learn quickly upon reaching the fleet is that there are different pots of money and you can't mix them. One has nothing to do with the other.

mid1510

For a SNFO (or is it still Midshipman?), you sure have a sense of entitlement. How about you actually earn your flight pay before bitching about it?

I'm sorry if it came off that way. I definitely don't think I'm entitled to anything; just stating a thought. And as for the SNFO thing, when I got my designator, my XO said you're now an SNFO. I will take it off if its incorrect.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Interesting that they have the money for that, but flight pay is still so low...
My intent isn't to dogpile, but I'm curious if you're confused by flight pay vs money for flight hours. Flight pay is a special pay you get as an Aviator. It starts low, increases in increments, and then decreases as you get to more senior ranks (O-6+). While I'd never say no to more money, I don't think I've ever met too many Aviators who felt that the money was too low.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Flight pay (dollar amount) hasn't changed in a long, long time. On the other hand, we have way less mishaps nowadays and flight crew life expectancy is way up. On the other other hand, there is no shortage of people trying to get into aviation.

@mid1510- your statement had some ambiguity and leeway for interpretation (being something written on the internet and all).

mid1510

My intent isn't to dogpile, but I'm curious if you're confused by flight pay vs money for flight hours. Flight pay is a special pay you get as an Aviator. It starts low, increases in increments, and then decreases as you get to more senior ranks (O-6+). While I'd never say no to more money, I don't think I've ever met too many Aviators who felt that the money was too low.

Yes, I did mean flight pay. A buddy of mine recently commissioned and his submarine pay (starting Day 1 at nuke school) is $230.00 vs. $125.00 starting in the VT's.

@Jim123..I still feel like there should be some sort of increase to make it fair but I understand people would still volunteer to fly anyway no matter what the actual dollar amount is.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess I'm not sure how it's not "fair" now.

Fret not, though. Flight pay is going up next month.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Yes, I did mean flight pay. A buddy of mine recently commissioned and his submarine pay (starting Day 1 at nuke school) is $230.00 vs. $125.00 starting in the VT's.

@Jim123..I still feel like there should be some sort of increase to make it fair but I understand people would still volunteer to fly anyway no matter what the actual dollar amount is.
Yeah, I would argue that the benefits going with flight pay exceed the benefits going with sub pay. I wouldn't, and didn't, take any offer to switch designators just for some money.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
I'm sorry if it came off that way. I definitely don't think I'm entitled to anything; just stating a thought. And as for the SNFO thing, when I got my designator, my XO said you're now an SNFO. I will take it off if its incorrect.

I can't see your profile for some reason; when I try to view it I get an error screen and the message "This member limits who may view their full profile." If you're still a middie, you're not a SNFO. You'll get your designator when you get your commission. Until then, you're a prospective SNFO. And you can tell your XO that I said that.

mid1510

I can't see your profile for some reason; when I try to view it I get an error screen and the message "This member limits who may view their full profile." If you're still a middie, you're not a SNFO. You'll get your designator when you get your commission. Until then, you're a prospective SNFO. And you can tell your XO that I said that.

Removed. I guess I will change it back in around 80 days then.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Like I said, I've never heard too many complaints about flight pay. If offered, everyone would take more, but most of us don't do what we do for the money. Something about a "lonely impulse of delight." If money is what matters to you, go nuke.

After a few years of flying, it'd seem that nuke pay and flight pay even up.
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/2011pay/a/aviationpay.htm
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/2011pay/a/aviationpay.htm

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Trust me, your flight pay is better than selling your soul to nuke power for money. And it WILL go up.

-ea6bflyr ;)