• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New official Command Check in Guidance

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Also, if your CO gives you the line about resetting trait averages on your detaching fitrep, and that means your own trait average dropped, isn't that considered an adverse fitrep?

If you leave your first tour and your kiss goodbye at the same rank with the same CO drops your average, you have to accept that you've been finished in your community. You ought to make plans to either re-designate or get out of the Navy. I've met too many JO's who couldn't/wouldn't read the writing on the wall and bought themselves some extra heartache.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
How does a trait average well above RSCA send a message in a detach fitrep? I mean I would figure if it's below average that's a headshot, but wouldn't you expect it well above?

It's just a subtle way for the CO to say to the board that he/she really thought highly of you. CO's typically have the FitReps scored so the RSA stays the same. When the CO writes a 1 of 1, that score will still count againt that CO's RSA.
When you record is reviewed the reviewing Officer can see what your trait average was and what the Reporting Seniors Average was (at the time the FitRep was signed). So, if the CO is willing to give you very high marks (which will inflate his average) most folks on the board will see this as a good thing and MAY mention it while you are being briefed in the tank.
If your score is below the CO's average, you can expect that to be mentioned as well.
Remember, if you were not a superstar in the squadron, the CO won't bother giving you a high trait average since it will raise that CO's average for every other FitRep of that rank he/she signs forever.

Also, if your CO gives you the line about resetting trait averages on your detaching fitrep, and that means your own trait average dropped, isn't that considered an adverse fitrep?

Since the term "adverse fitrep" is defined loosely, I really can't give you a firm answer. If the CO gives you a score that is below his average, then he is saying to the board that you are a below average officer, in his/her opinion. CO's are very familiar with the system and will know what their RSA is when signing FitReps.

LSS: If you are a strong performer in the squadron, you can expect competitive FitReps with hard breakouts (EP's). If you are in this category, then you can expect the CO to give you high marks on your detaching FitRep.
If you are not a strong player, then you can expect your detaching FitRep to have lower marks. It may have flowery language and call you the next John Paul Jones, but a below average score is what the board will see.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It’s a good week at the Five Side House of Assclownery... got another gem delivered this morning in my inbox. Enjoy the pure awesomeness of this now T-6 student and future RAPTOR driver.......

I think the consensus on this was that it was a joke by a classmate of his.

exNavyOffRec

"redacted" version... MODS, delete the whole thread if there is a LEGIT threat it will go down the "romo's bitch" road!
wow, I have guys dying to get in that would be sick if they saw this. I wondered how she could get picked up, then I looked at when she started college, that timeframe it was a bit easier to get in, not as much compitition, and she has a few other items that were in her favor.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
About the only thing not in her favor is the lack of a nuke track - then you'd have the holy grail of recruiting.

sickboy

pilot
It’s a good week at the Five Side House of Assclownery... got another gem delivered this morning in my inbox. Enjoy the pure awesomeness of this now T-6 student and future RAPTOR driver... I witnessed what these guys turn into while I attended Air Command and Staff College, they don't change much.

Idealistic effeminate little cub scouts firmly rooted in the fantasy of their own and the AirFarces greatness.

The email chain, if you can get your hands on it, is as entertaining as the bio itself...

I think I know that guy.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm glad that after he spends a page worth of single spaced self fellatio, he says he doesn't have an ego, as he finds them to be a liability. Classic.

KBayDog

I've found that one of my best traits is my humility, which far exceeds that of most mortal men.

"I know I'm a million times as humble as thou art."

23302_117240808306706_8918_n.jpg