• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New official Command Check in Guidance

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
That's the best training a COD guy can get... flight hours and a trap. What's the issue?
I'll readily admit that should Husband screen and should I be fortunate enough to get this training when the boat is home, I will happily lord it over his head (because I live to give him shit and he would expect nothing less) that I have a trap and he doesn't. I might even make a patch for myself, just to increase the taunting factor.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll readily admit that should Husband screen and should I be fortunate enough to get this training when the boat is home, I will happily lord it over his head (because I live to give him shit and he would expect nothing less) that I have a trap and he doesn't. I might even make a patch for myself, just to increase the taunting factor.

You could also join Tailhook. ;)

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I can't see your profile for some reason; when I try to view it I get an error screen and the message "This member limits who may view their full profile." If you're still a middie, you're not a SNFO. You'll get your designator when you get your commission. Until then, you're a prospective SNFO. And you can tell your XO that I said that.

Prospective Student NFO? What is a guy who wants to be an NFO but hasn't gotten an ROTC scholarship yet? Future Prospective Student NFO (FPSNFO)? Whatever.

Mid1510: this is what Obama would call a "teachable moment." As an aviator in training, there will be a myriad of special "not until you have earned it" rules that you can choose to be worried about or not. "Don't wear your leather jacket, you might jinx it." "Don't wear brown boots until you get to the fleet" ... gee, what do you do if that is what you were issued...? "Don't double click the mic" (actually, thats an important one). You may or may not get lots of shit from people for doing something or wearing something you haven't "earned". Some of these traditions are more important than others. Its hard to tell which are which, so you will take your lumps along the way and realize after the fact what was important and what wasn't. Thats part of being in this club and being a big boy. Don't be disrespectful or arrogant, but don't be a pussy either.

I consider SNA and SNFO kind of made up titles anyway. Now if you misrepresented yourself as a winged NFO, or something that is actually more official, that would be a different story.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Prospective Student NFO? What is a guy who wants to be an NFO but hasn't gotten an ROTC scholarship yet? Future Prospective Student NFO (FPSNFO)? Whatever.

You can call your guy whatever the hell you want. Mr. Bitchin' about his yet-to-be-recieved ACIP is a couple months away from being commissioned and actually having a 1370 designator. He's not a SNFO yet, but he's about as close as you can get. I would say that makes him "prospective." Or whatever.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
until you sign the papers, you ain't shit. Been there, played that game - nothing matters until you sign the paper.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
How is that possible?!? I'm still a year and a half away, and I thought you were BEHIND me in flight school...

You're right. I always get my years confused. More waiting for me. But still amusing to kick the hornets' nest.