• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New official Command Check in Guidance

mid1510

You can call your guy whatever the hell you want. Mr. Bitchin' about his yet-to-be-recieved ACIP is a couple months away from being commissioned and actually having a 1370 designator. He's not a SNFO yet, but he's about as close as you can get. I would say that makes him "prospective." Or whatever.

Please go back and read my comment. I didn't bitch about anything, sir. I made a statement about how low initial flight pay is. Are you saying that I am not allowed to talk about something I can tentatively receive soon?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Please go back and read my comment. I didn't bitch about anything, sir. I made a statement about how low initial flight pay is. Are you saying that I am not allowed to talk about something I can tentatively receive soon?
Yes. Did you type that with a straight face?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
You don't know what your job is called, but you are complaining about the pay you may one day receive for doing it. I hope you have just been joking.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Are you saying that I am not allowed to talk about something I can tentatively receive soon?

No. Because you have no frame of reference of what the amount is, should be or its origins.

Teaching Point: Knock it off and extend to fight another day. Once you're qualified that is :)

BackOrdered

Contributor

No.

Everyone's point is you haven't passed the training pipeline yet, let alone recieved a commission. You come off as "entitled" to money you haven't earned. It would be like me complaining about the fly deck hazardous duty pay without recieving my commission, attending the BQC, recieving an HCO billet, passing HCO school, completing the PQS for the ship, passing the oral board, recieving the letter of designation from the CO, doing the required exercises, then as the DISBO drafting the letter to DFAS, accounting for the pay accurately so I don't go to jail, couseling the sailors who thought he would get paid and won't, and finally, getting the pay in hand. Even then, I should be so luck to get it at all. Many sailors perform dangerous activities outside the safety of the HCO tower that I believe rate extra pay more than I did. Just stay focused on your training.

JTW

A Flying Sea-WO
pilot
Wait a minute, I thought everyone in the aviation community is here for the "flight pay"? Could have fooled me. ;) I would have showed up for free for some of my flights, but then again I guess I love what I have the privilege of doing. Even if the IP in the back, or now sitting next to me, yells once in a while. Speaking of flight pay, is it normal to not receive it until advanced? :(

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aside from the monetary benefit, the best aspect of flight pay is when you're on a FAC tour and get to explain to the grunts that you're still receiving $650/mo flight pay even when you're not flying anything. They love that shit.

Also, what's the big deal? The kid asked about pay/benefits; there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure all of you would do this job for half the pay and no benefits - it's always that fun.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None

You made a comment that flight pay "is still so low" while at the same time money is being spent on a program that you apparently don't consider as worthwhile. Yeah, I would consider that complaining. But it's not so much the complaining as it is who's doing it. That's what you need to understand. You're allowed to talk about whatever you want, within limits set by webmaster, and forum members are likewise free to comment in whatever manner they like, within those same limits. You reap what you sow.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wait a minute, I thought everyone in the aviation community is here for the "flight pay"? Could have fooled me. ;) I would have showed up for free for some of my flights, but then again I guess I love what I have the privilege of doing. Even if the IP in the back, or now sitting next to me, yells once in a while. Speaking of flight pay, is it normal to not receive it until advanced? :(

No. You definitely need to go to PSD and get that straightened out. Or if you got a lump sum in Advanced, definitely make sure it was all that you were entitled to. I didn't have any wait time between API and Primary, so my pay started the Monday after API (and didn't get it for a paycheck or two, but it was there).