• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I had to do the work and call my recruiter... it turns out that due to the flood in Tennessee, my package (along with that of about 40 other applicants) did not make it to the May board. So... it has been moved to the June 2010 board...

I don't know what to say... I feel like crap...

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I know it sucks, but it gets better. The time doesn't go SO slowly after that first month. Chin up. At least you only need to wait another four weeks!

Yaeger

Just got word from my recruiter that I was selected for SWO, selected but put on a waiting list for NFO, and didn't hear anything about IWO.

Male - 27
Prior Enlisted Nuke Electrician 6 years - E5
ASTB 7/6/8 62
Bachelor's in IT, 3.89 GPA, 2009
29 ACT

Good luck.

pulpfictiondubya

I'm in the same boat joebayo, found out just today after anxiously waiting that I'm set for the June boards. Just cross the fingers and hope for the best. Good luck to you!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I know it sucks, but it gets better. The time doesn't go SO slowly after that first month. Chin up. At least you only need to wait another four weeks!

Thanks for the encouragement man... it's hard to bear but at least it was not an explicit NO.

The downside is that June is the last board until September so it's going to be a lot more competitive than the May board, at least that's what I think...

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I'm in the same boat joebayo, found out just today after anxiously waiting that I'm set for the June boards. Just cross the fingers and hope for the best. Good luck to you!

Good luck to you too man! It sucks but there is still hope!

nba1290

Just got the word boys. Pro-Recced for BDCP SNA! I'm on cloud nine right now and nothing can bring me down. As it stands I'll probably be heading to OCS August of 2011. Next step is getting physical done (shouldn't be an issue) and going to MEPS (gotta get the surgeon to clear me on my ACL surgery before I go).

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to this site for all the valuable information, feedback, and advice that they have made available to me. Best luck to everyone else waiting to hear and best of luck to those who are reapplying or anything else you go for in life. I hope to one day see you guys in uniform, hopefully we'll be alongside each other on that flight deck.

Here's the quick stats again for comparison:

22 year old male
8/8/9
3.0 gpa Environmental Engineering University of Georgia
Letter from an O-3, O-6, Delta career pilot, employer of 4 years, longtime neighbor who was a seaman in the korean war
Slipups: Minor in possession of alcohol and fake id, 6 traffic violations

Cdierking

ugh Non-select SNA/NFO

My OR said about 5-4 people were selected out of about 80 or so Applications. That's CRAZY competition.

21/M
6/7/6 46
3.0 Professional Aviation Flight Technology at Indiana State
300hrs flight Time
3 Good LORs
No obvious downsides, or at least he didn't tell me.

leigh321

Hey all. I applied to the May boards Supply/Intel/SWO. I called my OR today and he said that only the aviation results were released... but it seems that some of you found out about SWO. Is he mistaken? Or would I not know because it was my 3rd choice? If anyone can clear this up it would be appreciated. Also any news about when Intell and Supply results will be released? Thanks!

Overlord243

Final-Select SNA 20 Feb 2011 OCS Date
Thanks for the encouragement man... it's hard to bear but at least it was not an explicit NO.

The downside is that June is the last board until September so it's going to be a lot more competitive than the May board, at least that's what I think...

Just curious, how do you know June is the last board for SNA/NFO? Do boards start back up in September for the new fiscal year or is it October?

jlil41

Just curious, how do you know June is the last board for SNA/NFO? Do boards start back up in September for the new fiscal year or is it October?

Yea I heard it may be the last one for SNA/NFO but then again every month is the last, it could end up being July. I am pretty sure SWO will still be open though.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

They don't. It is a rumor. The reason that it is a rumor is because they are hearing it from someone who has heard it. It means nothing in my opinion until they put out a message to everyone saying that. Since this has not happened then take it as a rumor and continue to plan accordingly.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
They don't. It is a rumor. The reason that it is a rumor is because they are hearing it from someone who has heard it. It means nothing in my opinion until they put out a message to everyone saying that. Since this has not happened then take it as a rumor and continue to plan accordingly.

twobecrazy, the truth is that it's not a rumor. My recruiter forwarded me the May boards results email along with the corresponding attachments and this is what the Active Accessions Deputy Director at the Navy recruiting command said in the email:

"The June Pilot/NFO/SWO board will be the last board until September with the exception of the SWO options board in July. This will give us a small break over the summer with kit submissions resuming in August with a deadline of 25AUG10 for the September board."

It sounds pretty obvious to me, doesn't it?

sbudnik1

pilot
twobecrazy, the truth is that it's not a rumor. My recruiter forwarded me the May boards results email along with the corresponding attachments and this is what the Active Accessions Deputy Director at the Navy recruiting command said in the email:

Hey Joebayo does that mean that you have the entire list of who was selected for the May boards. If it is, anyway you could send me a copy? My recruiter is I believe on leave for the next couple days/

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Hey Joebayo does that mean that you have the entire list of who was selected for the May boards. If it is, anyway you could send me a copy? My recruiter is I believe on leave for the next couple days/

Hey dude, sorry to tell you that the only attachments I got were the statistics of the board but not any names. Maybe the recruiter took it off for confidentiality reasons.

But anyway, I don't want to be rude but if I had received any names I don't think I would giving them out over here or forwarding the document by email. Sorry man but that's something your recruiter should be doing. I know how you feel and I would probably be asking the same thing but you should be hearing soon. Can't you call your processor?

Thank you for your comprehension.