• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

rn87

Talked to my recruiter today and got pro rec'd SNA. Almost feel weird because I don't know how to react, I'm nervous, excited, and still feel like I haven't accomplished anything because I'm not in a plane yet. Congrats to all the others that got selected and good luck to all those that weren't.. Have faith everything will work out. I completed my package in February and have been in purgatory ever since because it has been so long I didn't know if this dream would ever come true. Again good luck to all of those still trying. My grandpa will always be my idol and his motto was "where there is a will, there is a way" so if you have a will there will be a way.

jlil41

Hey dude, sorry to tell you that the only attachments I got were the statistics of the board but not any names. Maybe the recruiter took it off for confidentiality reasons.

But anyway, I don't want to be rude but if I had received any names I don't think I would giving them out over here or forwarding the document by email. Sorry man but that's something your recruiter should be doing. I know how you feel and I would probably be asking the same thing but you should be hearing soon. Can't you call your processor?

Thank you for your comprehension.

Joe,

Could you pm me the stats if you still have them? Also will SWO be open for July or just the SWO/IW and the others?
I was just a bit confused. Thanks.

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Hey dude, sorry to tell you that the only attachments I got were the statistics of the board but not any names.

Could you load that attachment into googledocs for the rest of us?

And if that's in fact true, that the July Boards are....goddamnit. I can't wait to make the "SEPTEMBER 2010 BOARDS" thread.

ryan1234

I had to do the work and call my recruiter... it turns out that due to the flood in Tennessee, my package (along with that of about 40 other applicants) did not make it to the May board. So... it has been moved to the June 2010 board...

I don't know what to say... I feel like crap...

I'm right there with you brother...apparently my name wasn't on either list...so my OR is going to try to see what happened... Maybe it's a good thing, maybe it isn't...worst case is in for June... Guess you just gotta roll with the punches.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I'm right there with you brother...apparently my name wasn't on either list...so my OR is going to try to see what happened... Maybe it's a good thing, maybe it isn't...worst case is in for June... Guess you just gotta roll with the punches.

Hey dude, that's what my recruiter also told me. About 20 Pilot and 20 NFO applicants had their files blocked in the system due to the flooding per my OR. I was neither on the selected nor on the non selected list so he said I was one of the 20 blocked Pilot applicants, which meant that our files were pushed to the June Boards.

jph

Found out the other day I was "tabled" for SNA and a non-select for NFO. Anyone else out there tabled? It seems they don't table too many people. While I'm glad it wasn't a non-select, it's still a bit frustrating. Guess I'm joining the June boards with everyone else ... which makes me a bit nervous, it looks like it's going to be a packed board.

ryan1234

Hey dude, that's what my recruiter also told me. About 20 Pilot and 20 NFO applicants had their files blocked in the system due to the flooding per my OR. I was neither on the selected nor on the non selected list so he said I was one of the 20 blocked Pilot applicants, which meant that our files were pushed to the June Boards.

Yup, just got off the phone - that's exactly what he said. We were some of the few this happened to, so hopefully we'll be some of the few selected.

Best of luck!

james23

Quick questions:

Will there be an August Boards? Or will the fiscal year 2010 end in July?

Also, would it be smarter to just wait for the new fiscal year 2011 and apply for September Boards? It just seems likely that they would be giving more slots out starting a new fiscal year as opposed to a fiscal year 2010 coming to an end.

Thanks in advance guys

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
I did not want to create a new thread with a simple question that I am sure some of you May applicants can answer:

My question is in regards to the "Interviewers Appraisal Sheet." I have performed a search and cannot find the specific answer to my question.

On the top line between Name and Date, is a box that reads "Program For Which Applying." I am applying for SNA, SNFO and SWO (July board). Is that simply what my interviewer should put? I know that there are codes for these designators, however I am unsure what specifically must be put down for it to be correct. I have 3 interviews coming up (2 pilots, 1 Sub) and want these forms done right. Any help would be great. Thanks and congrats to the pro-rec's.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Just wanted to send you all some encouragement.

For those who got PRO-REC'd, Congratulations! It is definitely a hell of an accomplishment but now it will get harder. Final Selects ARE NOT guaranteed. Don't get fat and lazy now. PT your ass off, still drink some beer, but PT and stay the hell out of trouble.

For those that didnt get selected or got rolled to another month, I know it sucks (i myself was rolled from June to July then July to August 2009). Keep your faith and your head up and push even harder. Get more LORs, retake the ASTB if you have to, study your butt off, and blow it out of the water. Get some flight time, do interviews, get more involved in your community! There are TONS of ways to beef up your package. DO NOT GIVE UP.

If you can't handle this rejection, how are you gonna handle it at OCS with a Drill Instructor screaming in your face every single waking moment of the day, even if you're right about something? Or how are you going to handle it when you have a flight that doesn't go so well or not as you had hoped.....you don't fail it, but not as well. Are you gonna mope and feel bad about yourself or are you gonna push even harder?

If you wanna hear my sob story of how I got to the point I'm at now, PM me.....I know hardship....

This is where you find out how badly you really want it...and then, at OCS, you'll find out again, HOW MUCH you want it. Keep the faith guys. Feel free to hit me up with questions about OCS at any point. I won't tell you everything, but I'll try to help out. Just trying to give back to those who helped me when I was applying a year ago.

I graduated OCS 16 APR 10 from Class 13-10, so my experiences by the time you all go through will be vastly different from yours, but I can still give some advice.

Good luck to those applying again and if this is what you truly want, then don't take NO for an answer. Those who made it, your work has just begun.

nba1290

Quick questions:

Will there be an August Boards? Or will the fiscal year 2010 end in July?

Also, would it be smarter to just wait for the new fiscal year 2011 and apply for September Boards? It just seems likely that they would be giving more slots out starting a new fiscal year as opposed to a fiscal year 2010 coming to an end.

Thanks in advance guys

I'm guessing you're applying for SNA, so first off there will only be a June board, and that's the last for SNA til the new fiscal year. Unless you got tabled or your package was not seen due to the flooding, your package will not be seen this fiscal year. You can't apply for two consecutive boards (unless you're tabled, you won't be seen twice in a row). Secondly, the fiscal year begins in October, so if you're not seen in June you will have to wait for the October boards for the first of the new fiscal year. This came straight from my recruiters mouth. Try searching through this thread for more information I swear we all had the same conversation back on page 9-10 about a month ago.

james23

I'm guessing you're applying for SNA, so first off there will only be a June board, and that's the last for SNA til the new fiscal year. Unless you got tabled or your package was not seen due to the flooding, your package will not be seen this fiscal year. You can't apply for two consecutive boards (unless you're tabled, you won't be seen twice in a row). Secondly, the fiscal year begins in October, so if you're not seen in June you will have to wait for the October boards for the first of the new fiscal year. This came straight from my recruiters mouth. Try searching through this thread for more information I swear we all had the same conversation back on page 9-10 about a month ago.

Thanks NBA, yeah i confirmed the same news with my OR today. I was curious because i am applying for BDCP and don't graduate college till the fiscal year 2012. Hrmm, I guess I just have to shoot for October boards then.

Best,
James