• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Hello everyone. I'm new to the site but am applying for a SNA position for the May board. I'm from Winston Salem, NC. Just finished my bachelor's degree at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Good luck to everyone on getting selected! I'm getting very anxious to hear the results. Does anyone know if the OR will call or email results? Also, I'm told that if selected the OR will administer a PRT. Does anyone know the standard that needs to be met on this initial PRT?

Here are my stats:

Male/22
Education -- Bachelor's Professional Aeronautics, ERAU, 3.75 GPA
Total Flight Time -- 330 Hours
Pilot Certificates and Ratings -- commercial, multi, instruments
ASTB Scores -- 62/9/9/9
LORs -- Navy O5 (ret.), FAA Designated Examiner, CFI whom I've trained with.

Hey, welcome aboard. Yes, nice package indeed. Good luck!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Recent words from my recruiter:

"The board results are not out yet, probably wont be for another week or two. I'll let you know by phone or email as soon as I hear something."

I don't know what to think although I would tend to believe that 2 more weeks is farfetched... I'm hoping it's no later than this Friday, otherwise Memorial Day weekend is going to be too long to bear...

jlil41

"The board results are not out yet, probably wont be for another week or two. I'll let you know by phone or email as soon as I hear something."

I don't know what to think although I would tend to believe that 2 more weeks is farfetched... I'm hoping it's no later than this Friday, otherwise Memorial Day weekend is going to be too long to bear...

2 weeks does seem like a long time, I was thinking by this Friday. I really hope it is this week but hell, who knows!!!

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee

You do realize that the boards may have been delayed a few days or a week due to the flooding right?

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Wanna confirm that as well. I just spoke with my processor and she said that everything was held back a few weeks.

jlil41

I was told the boards were held on time and if they were pushed back only by a couple of days. A few weeks would put the boards reviewing packages in June, so wouldn't they just carry it over to the June boards?

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
I was told the boards were held on time and if they were pushed back only by a couple of days. A few weeks would put the boards reviewing packages in June, so wouldn't they just carry it over to the June boards?

I agree with what your saying about rolling the packages (jeez I hope not) but I don't think they were delayed by several weeks, if anything probably pushed back one week at the most would be my guess. Either way, I will bet any Officer's paycheck on here that the results will not be out by this Friday.

jlil41

I agree with what your saying about rolling the packages (jeez I hope not) but I don't think they were delayed by several weeks, if anything probably pushed back one week at the most would be my guess. Either way, I will bet any Officer's paycheck on here that the results will not be out by this Friday.

Yea I could see a week delay being the case. I know this Friday is wishful thinking but I hope so. Next week wouldn't be so bad I guess?! :(

marmoset54

So when is the absolute deadline for submission? Is it the 25th? I MIGHT be able to swing something with my processor.

jlil41

That is what I have always heard, the 25th is the final date. I was going to try and get another packet in for June boards and if the results would have came out sooner. Apparently I can't apply unless the current status of my May packet is known. Is that what everyone else has heard?

marmoset54

'Yo Jlil. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish, but Marmoset had one of the best questions of all time.'

So does this mean if I can get it sent TOMORROW to Millington, everything will be fine?

jlil41

marmoset, I wish I could give you a 100 % answer but I don't know honestly. IMO, I would think you would be ok as long as it was sent in by the end of the business day or closing of their office. I really don't know anymore of the details your best bet is to call your processor or recruiter early in the morning and find out for sure because each recruiting station has different practices from what I have seen. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

marmoset54

Ha ha, no worries man. And sorry about the quote, just felt like an opportune time to bring in some Kanye.

It'll happen. Long journey...though shorter than others.