• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
I would venture to say (pure speculation, mind you) that they divide the applications among the members of the board. There is a large amount of people applying for commissions, especially for the popular SNA,SNFO and SWO combination and perhaps a week to get them selected.

But then...more questions arise. Do the people who select for SNA pass their applications to SNFO and onward to SWO? Or vise versa?

For the "more selective" designators, I believe that they have one person going through the applications (Someone can confirm this).

Just some educated guesses.

jlil41

My recruiter said that each individual board sees the package. So I would say that each board for the particular designation would see the packet separate of the others so if you applied for 3 designators then you would have 3 packets? Just going off of what he told me, which was very vague!!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
My recruiter said that each individual board sees the package. So I would say that each board for the particular designation would see the packet separate of the others so if you applied for 3 designators then you would have 3 packets? Just going off of what he told me, which was very vague!!

According to what I've heard, that is correct. Each board member "re-sees" each application for every designator the applicant has chosen. Each applicant is considered for each independently of the other.

mjulian

Lingerer
Knowns:
-Every community has a different board
-Every board addresses each application one at a time
-It takes approximately 7-10 day for the results to be released after convening
-When one OR says that they met take it with a grain of salt; wait till you see this or navyocs.com ignite with "theyve convened" (nothing against any single or all OR's, this has been my experience since I began doing this last June)
-More selective designators are more picky, thats all we know

Unkowns:
-Why they select people for each community on each month (you will see people that we all agree should have been selected get a nice big NON-SELECT)
-Why people are not selected (this would be helpful so one could improve upon one's self)
-How many review or who is reviewing the packages
-The exact methodology of review (ie open discussion, check for approval/disapproval, throwing a dart at a board with multiple possibilities- refer to the last post on http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152779&page=7)

A good gauge for all of this are the previous threads posted for each month's boards. No one here knows for sure how this is all run, including myself. If they do they cant release many of the details. You will see that there are some guys/gals on here who are honest and informed that will provide genuine information on all of this. This is typically because they are qualified to do so through applying, getting selected, and serving by the same manner we all are. I know how you all feel but speculation on raises anticipation.

Best of luck to everyone this month.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Knowns:
-Every community has a different board
-Every board addresses each application one at a time
-It takes approximately 7-10 day for the results to be released after convening
-When one OR says that they met take it with a grain of salt; wait till you see this or navyocs.com ignite with "theyve convened" (nothing against any single or all OR's, this has been my experience since I began doing this last June)
-More selective designators are more picky, thats all we know

Unkowns:
-Why they select people for each community on each month (you will see people that we all agree should have been selected get a nice big NON-SELECT)
-Why people are not selected (this would be helpful so one could improve upon one's self)
-How many review or who is reviewing the packages
-The exact methodology of review (ie open discussion, check for approval/disapproval, throwing a dart at a board with multiple possibilities- refer to the last post on http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152779&page=7)

A good gauge for all of this are the previous threads posted for each month's boards. No one here knows for sure how this is all run, including myself. If they do they cant release many of the details. You will see that there are some guys/gals on here who are honest and informed that will provide genuine information on all of this. This is typically because they are qualified to do so through applying, getting selected, and serving by the same manner we all are. I know how you all feel but speculation on raises anticipation.

Best of luck to everyone this month.

Thanks for all that info dude... the worst unknown is definitely not to know why one is not selected...

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Thanks fellas. Really was hoping for this month, but am thankful as that I was able to catch some things before they went forward. Blessing in disguise, eh?

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
So I was just checking the posts on the April Boards thread and the results for that board were out on Wednesday April 28th, that is, 10 business days after the 15th.

Given that May 15th was on a Saturday, it is logical to assume that the May board convened on the 17th. So... should we expect to have the results out by Friday May 28th, also 10 business days after the 17th? I sure hope so...

jlil41

So I was just checking the posts on the April Boards thread and the results for that board were out on Wednesday April 28th, that is, 10 business days after the 15th.

Given that May 15th was on a Saturday, it is logical to assume that the May board convened on the 17th. So... should we expect to have the results out by Friday May 28th, also 10 business days after the 17th? I sure hope so...

Yea I just looked back at them too and that seems to be about right. I can't wait, just one more week (hopefully) and we might know something. I don't think the wait for the final select or to leave for OCS will be nearly as bad as the wait for the boards. Some might differ but I will be happy knowing I got pro-rec'd and give me more motivation and less things to worry about.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I don't think the wait for the final select or to leave for OCS will be nearly as bad as the wait for the boards.

Yes indeed, it'll be as good a vacation! Waiting, knowing that you're going to do what you've always wanted in only a couple of months!

Cdierking

Yea I just looked back at them too and that seems to be about right. I can't wait, just one more week (hopefully) and we might know something. I don't think the wait for the final select or to leave for OCS will be nearly as bad as the wait for the boards. Some might differ but I will be happy knowing I got pro-rec'd and give me more motivation and less things to worry about.

My OR said probably not until after the Holiday (Memorial Day) which is May 31st

whiskeypapa

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site but am applying for a SNA position for the May board. I'm from Winston Salem, NC. Just finished my bachelor's degree at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Good luck to everyone on getting selected! I'm getting very anxious to hear the results. Does anyone know if the OR will call or email results? Also, I'm told that if selected the OR will administer a PRT. Does anyone know the standard that needs to be met on this initial PRT?

Here are my stats:

Male/22
Education -- Bachelor's Professional Aeronautics, ERAU, 3.75 GPA
Total Flight Time -- 330 Hours
Pilot Certificates and Ratings -- commercial, multi, instruments
ASTB Scores -- 62/9/9/9
LORs -- Navy O5 (ret.), FAA Designated Examiner, CFI whom I've trained with.

jlil41

Hello everyone. I'm new to the site but am applying for a SNA position for the May board. I'm from Winston Salem, NC. Just finished my bachelor's degree at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. Good luck to everyone on getting selected! I'm getting very anxious to hear the results. Does anyone know if the OR will call or email results? Also, I'm told that if selected the OR will administer a PRT. Does anyone know the standard that needs to be met on this initial PRT?

Here are my stats:

Male/22
Education -- Bachelor's Professional Aeronautics, ERAU, 3.75 GPA
Total Flight Time -- 330 Hours
Pilot Certificates and Ratings -- commercial, multi, instruments
ASTB Scores -- 62/9/9/9
LORs -- Navy O5 (ret.), FAA Designated Examiner, CFI whom I've trained with.

Google Navy PRT and you will find everything you need. Nice packet by the way, good luck!!!!