• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Good Afternoon,

My OCS application has been submitted to the March IDC Board and I have just a couple of questions:

1. I have heard that Intel is closed for this next board. Is that in fact correct? If it is, will my application be forwarded to the next board where the Intel preference is looked at, if not picked up by my first choice?

2. Are my medical and clearance documents good to go, since I am active duty with an active security clearance? I am just checking, so that if I am fortunate enough to get a ProRec-Y, the Final Select process will move quickly.

3. If I again am fortunate enough to get picked up for SWO-IP, would my current Secret security clearance suffice, until I get redesignated as an IP?

Thanks again for everybody's help.

thebraz81

Good Afternoon,

My OCS application has been submitted to the March IDC Board and I have just a couple of questions:

1. I have heard that Intel is closed for this next board. Is that in fact correct? If it is, will my application be forwarded to the next board where the Intel preference is looked at, if not picked up by my first choice?

2. Are my medical and clearance documents good to go, since I am active duty with an active security clearance? I am just checking, so that if I am fortunate enough to get a ProRec-Y, the Final Select process will move quickly.

3. If I again am fortunate enough to get picked up for SWO-IP, would my current Secret security clearance suffice, until I get redesignated as an IP?

As far as the medical is concerned I received word (back in October mind you, I submitted for the the Fall IDC that got cancelled) that I was cleared medically shortly after it was confirmed my package was received.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
As far as the medical is concerned I received word (back in October mind you, I submitted for the the Fall IDC that got cancelled) that I was cleared medically shortly after it was confirmed my package was received.
Thanks thebraz81. I am certain my medical documents are good. Curious of how security clearances prolong the Final Select process and if by having a current security clearance, it alleviates some of the drag time. Your feedback is much appreciated. Plus, I am only talking speculatively, since the board hasn't even met yet.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
I wonder if this "snowy weather" put a hold on my email about my package getting to the board. I received an email stating that it was forwarded to the program managers about a week and a half ago. I can see why the waiting game is so rough...

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I wonder if this "snowy weather" put a hold on my email about my package getting to the board. I received an email stating that it was forwarded to the program managers about a week and a half ago. I can see why the waiting game is so rough...
Manzo, it definitely is. Today was the first day of the week that NRC has been at work, because of Monday's holiday and the bad weather. So, I wouldn't worry, but maybe call tomorrow. I'm sure there are tons of emails the OP has to go through. I received the same email on January 25th, and received an email saying it was forwarded to the board 5 days later, but this was before the bad weather hit Millington.

thebraz81

We haven't even begun to wait...My package has been submitted since September so it got rolled over. I imagine we won't hear much until late April at the earliest.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
We haven't even begun to wait...My package has been submitted since September so it got rolled over. I imagine we won't hear much until late April at the earliest.
Waiting since September is probably painful. I know board results from the September boards took extremely long, but I'm hoping it moves a little quicker this time. Normal boards usually release results 2-3 weeks after the board convenes.

Andyb765

Good Afternoon,

1. If Intel is your first choice it will. If Intel is not your first choice, and you do get picked up for something else, it wont. If you get picked up for your second or third choice and your first choice board rolls, you will have to call and take your name off your first choice if you want to accept your second or third option (this happend to me) or you will wait for your first choice board to take place. That all sounded confusing. The answer is yes to your question. If you are not picked up by anything your application will be forwarded to the next board for all your choices.

2. It depends. I went IW and had a TS and I still had to do everything over again. You also might need a poly depending on the community. You will have to submit all medical paperwork even if you are active duty.

3. Probably, unless it is about to expire, or your SWO DIVO job required something more.

navyhaz

Good Afternoon,

1. Your application will be reviewed by all communities listed on page 1 of your application. If Intel is closed, everyone with Intel on their application will get an 'N' and will be reviewed by the next community listed on their application.

2. Must have a NACLC submitted to OPM prior to transfer. From the sounds of it, you already have an adjudicated clearance from OPM. So, if your clearance is in good standing you will be good to ship to OCS. If you passed your commissioning physical and were recommended by you PCM, your medical documents are good to go. Information for others: CWE, IW, and SWO/IW are the ones that must contact Fleet Cyber Command Security Office for an SCI pre-screen interview (a favorable screening is required prior to shipping to OCS and is required by all applicants).

3. Yes.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

1. If Intel is your first choice it will. If Intel is not your first choice, and you do get picked up for something else, it wont. If you get picked up for your second or third choice and your first choice board rolls, you will have to call and take your name off your first choice if you want to accept your second or third option (this happend to me) or you will wait for your first choice board to take place. That all sounded confusing. The answer is yes to your question. If you are not picked up by anything your application will be forwarded to the next board for all your choices.

2. It depends. I went IW and had a TS and I still had to do everything over again. You also might need a poly depending on the community. You will have to submit all medical paperwork even if you are active duty.

3. Probably, unless it is about to expire, or your SWO DIVO job required something more.

When a designator is closed, then a person is given either a "N or X" for that designator, they won't push it to the next board, if they cancel a board and combine it with the next then they will push the applications.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
1. Your application will be reviewed by all communities listed on page 1 of your application. If Intel is closed, everyone with Intel on their application will get an 'N' and will be reviewed by the next community listed on their application.

2. Must have a NACLC submitted to OPM prior to transfer. From the sounds of it, you already have an adjudicated clearance from OPM. So, if your clearance is in good standing you will be good to ship to OCS. If you passed your commissioning physical and were recommended by you PCM, your medical documents are good to go. Information for others: CWE, IW, and SWO/IW are the ones that must contact Fleet Cyber Command Security Office for an SCI pre-screen interview (a favorable screening is required prior to shipping to OCS and is required by all applicants).

3. Yes.
Thanks for the great information. Being an enlisted applicant requires a lot of information seeking.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
When a designator is closed, then a person is given either a "N or X" for that designator, they won't push it to the next board, if they cancel a board and combine it with the next then they will push the applications.
Your info and insight on these topics are amazing. I see you all over the place, helping people. Your knowledge and help are commendable. Thank you!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your info and insight on these topics are amazing. I see you all over the place, helping people. Your knowledge and help are commendable. Thank you!
Your 'resume' is outstanding & will be very competitive for the next IDC board... good luck!:)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

exNavyOffRec

I know this is a little old, but it may give everybody a very general idea of competitive profiles.

That sheet is useless, the QT only is good for telling what recruiters get application credit for upon submission, the PA requirements are old and not valid for many designators, and the traditional info is the same info that has been put out for 6 years but never changes.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
That sheet is useless, the QT only is good for telling what recruiters get application credit for upon submission, the PA requirements are old and not valid for many designators, and the traditional info is the same info that has been put out for 6 years but never changes.
That's good to know. Thanks