• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
For AD and prior-enlisted IW applicants:
I've been comparing mine and previous IDC (IW) board selectees' applications, looking for similarities. Here's what I've found:
- In addition to the required officer evaluation sheets, all selectees had multiple LORs from senior officers in their desired designator(s).
- All IW selectees had at least one tour of duty at an IDC-heavy duty station, or came from IDC rates (IS, IT, CT).
- The majority of IW selectees had at least one expeditionary tour in which they supported the OIF/OEF IW effort.
- Over half of IW selectees geared their entire package toward selection for the IW designator, i.e., their desire to become an IW specifically was reflected in LORs, essays, and officer evaluations.
- Most IW selects had at least one non-EoT accomplishment-related award (e.g., SOY, spot NAM).
- Selects had at least two LORs from Navy Captains or higher.
- All selects held the rank of PO2 or higher.
- Evaluations history varies, but demonstrates a consistent breakout among peers at a ranked MP level or higher.

Other things I've noted:
- Education ranged from brick-and-mortar STEM degrees to online college Liberal Arts degrees, with GPAs ranging from 3.4-3.8.
- Enlisted experience ranged from 4-12 years in service.
- OAR scores ranged from 50-58.

I'd also like to mention that, while this is from a fairly small sample of IW prior-service or AD selectees (seven total), each of them has been selected from a different IDC board over the last two years, as well as on their first application.

Now, this is by no means meant to be a set-in-stone list of credentials that you must have in order to be selected; we all know that each board is different, and many individuals are applying for many different designators, so things like gearing your package toward one designator may hurt you. However, for those AD/PE specifically looking to become a commissioned member of the IDC, maybe some of this is noteworthy.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
Manzo, it definitely is. Today was the first day of the week that NRC has been at work, because of Monday's holiday and the bad weather. So, I wouldn't worry, but maybe call tomorrow. I'm sure there are tons of emails the OP has to go through. I received the same email on January 25th, and received an email saying it was forwarded to the board 5 days later, but this was before the bad weather hit Millington.

I just received this email regarding my application.

"You, will only receive (1) one email from us, stating that your application has been received unless there are error in your application then you will hear from us until the application errors have been corrected or addition information is no longer needed or required."

I guess they changed their policy?

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
12 day countdown until March IDC Board. Hopefully results come out be the end of next month. Getting pretty anxious for the fun to begin.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
It seems amazing to me that the SWO board, which was held on February 24th, already has sent out results to applicants. Is there a reason it takes so much longer for IDC Board results? Is there a chance we might see results 2 days after the board?

exNavyOffRec

It seems amazing to me that the SWO board, which was held on February 24th, already has sent out results to applicants. Is there a reason it takes so much longer for IDC Board results? Is there a chance we might see results 2 days after the board?

nope, SWO is in house, IDC is remote, and IDC has much lower selection rates.

thebraz81

How does the board treat SWO-IDC OPTION applicants? Is it different than direct ascenscion? I applied for Oceano, IP, and IW all SWO option.

exNavyOffRec

How does the board treat SWO-IDC OPTION applicants? Is it different than direct ascenscion? I applied for Oceano, IP, and IW all SWO option.

same as other IDC applicants, but last info was Oceano no longer accepts civilian applicants but they would usually only take 1 per year anyway and they already had one this year, the other 2 SWO options take up to about 6 each year.

In general they will look for high GPA's and tech degrees from civilians.

Hi all, I am new to this site and looking to stay current with the information coming from boards. I submitted my application in January for this coming boards. Applying for SWO-Ocean.

No prior service
Applying: SWO-Ocean
B.Sc. Marine Geology/ 3.40 GPA
M.Sc. Marine Affairs & Policy/ 3.71 GPA
Profession: Coastal Geologist
OAR: 49

thebraz81

same as other IDC applicants, but last info was Oceano no longer accepts civilian applicants but they would usually only take 1 per year anyway and they already had one this year, the other 2 SWO options take up to about 6 each year.

In general they will look for high GPA's and tech degrees from civilians.

Im currently active duty, so basically there are only 12 spots available for SWO options this year...FANTASTIC ha. Glad I wasted the better part of 9 months of putting my package together. Oh well, there's always LDO in a few years

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Im currently active duty, so basically there are only 12 spots available for SWO options this year...FANTASTIC ha. Glad I wasted the better part of 9 months of putting my package together. Oh well, there's always LDO in a few years
Why is it a waste? You probably learned a lot about the process, established good relationships with Officers, and on the optimistic and positive side, you might be selected. Seems like a win, win on all fronts.

exNavyOffRec

Hi all, I am new to this site and looking to stay current with the information coming from boards. I submitted my application in January for this coming boards. Applying for SWO-Ocean.

No prior service
Applying: SWO-Ocean
B.Sc. Marine Geology/ 3.40 GPA
M.Sc. Marine Affairs & Policy/ 3.71 GPA
Profession: Coastal Geologist
OAR: 49

you might PM RUFIO, last info was SWO-Ocean no longer is taking non AD