• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
My OR tells me that my package was accepted for review at the March board. I previously applied for Intel and IW in August 2013, so this is my second rodeo after some time away. I missed the September board by 48 hours due to a last-minute transcript problem, and then obviously December was cancelled. Here are some of my stats and info from my first kit:

-OAR: 65
-Education: double major in marketing and psychology, 3.64 GPA (with calc and physics from a couple semesters in engineering)
-6 years of work experience
-LORs: several from work, extracurriculars

Since last time, I added:

-Education: started MS in Data Analytics, 4.0 GPA so far
-Interview appraisals: O6 (Intel), O5 (Intel), O3 (IW) - all 10s
-LORs: already had work experience covered but added more personal, community, and volunteer work references
-More management experience as the result of a reorg at work that gave me more reporting staff
-100% new motivational statement
-Had a baby (okay, my wife did the hard work on that one)

I think the biggest change between the two kits was in my mindset. First time I treated it more like a job application, while this go I realized I should demonstrate a full commitment to both the work and the lifestyle. I'm fully aware that I'm still not an ideal fit for IDC, but I am age restricted from any other community and this is absolutely the strongest kit I could put forward until I finish my MS in 2016. So, if not this time, I still have that going for me in the future.

My spring semester just started which will provide a welcome distraction between now and PRO-REC day. Good luck everyone!

exNavyOffRec

My OR tells me that my package was accepted for review at the March board. I previously applied for Intel and IW in August 2013, so this is my second rodeo after some time away. I missed the September board by 48 hours due to a last-minute transcript problem, and then obviously December was cancelled. Here are some of my stats and info from my first kit:

-OAR: 65
-Education: double major in marketing and psychology, 3.64 GPA (with calc and physics from a couple semesters in engineering)
-6 years of work experience
-LORs: several from work, extracurriculars

Since last time, I added:

-Education: started MS in Data Analytics, 4.0 GPA so far
-Interview appraisals: O6 (Intel), O5 (Intel), O3 (IW) - all 10s
-LORs: already had work experience covered but added more personal, community, and volunteer work references
-More management experience as the result of a reorg at work that gave me more reporting staff
-100% new motivational statement
-Had a baby (okay, my wife did the hard work on that one)

I think the biggest change between the two kits was in my mindset. First time I treated it more like a job application, while this go I realized I should demonstrate a full commitment to both the work and the lifestyle. I'm fully aware that I'm still not an ideal fit for IDC, but I am age restricted from any other community and this is absolutely the strongest kit I could put forward until I finish my MS in 2016. So, if not this time, I still have that going for me in the future.

My spring semester just started which will provide a welcome distraction between now and PRO-REC day. Good luck everyone!

Did you swap out Intel with something else since Intel is not doing selections this time around.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Did you swap out Intel with something else since Intel is not doing selections this time around.
My APSR lists Intel, IW, and the two corresponding SWO-options. (At my age I'm not eligible for anything else, so I figured listing those was just as good as leaving the boxes blank). Nobody from my NRD mentioned anything about Intel not being on the table for this particular board, so I'll just have to wait and see where the chips land. That would certainly be an unlucky break for me because it's probably my best match and I put in a ton of work on my kit, but if it doesn't work out I'll just have to try again when the program opens back up.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
How long does the confirmation email take after submitting a package for AD? My buddy got his within hours of submitting it last year. Makes me a bit uneasy

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
How long does the confirmation email take after submitting a package for AD? My buddy got his within hours of submitting it last year. Makes me a bit uneasy
Manzo,

The confirmation email was received the day after I submitted my application (January 23, 2015), stating "it has gone to the program manager for review before being forwarded to the board." Five days later (January 28, 2015), I received an email, stating that my "application has been forwarded to the board."

Manzo

Amicmanzo
Manzo,

The confirmation email was received the day after I submitted my application (January 23, 2015), stating "it has gone to the program manager for review before being forwarded to the board." Five days later (January 28, 2015), I received an email, stating that my "application has been forwarded to the board."

If I haven't received an email regarding that NRC has received my application, should I get my CCC to make the phone call or should I resend an email and do a follow-on email to OCS's help center?

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
If I haven't received an email regarding that NRC has received my application, should I get my CCC to make the phone call or should I resend an email and do a follow-on email to OCS's help center?
Either call the OCS Helpline or email the OCS Help Center, if it has been over 2 days since email submission. For immediate peace of mind, I would call.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Yes, call ASAP. E-mails don't always go through, and have file size limitations. This was the case with my package (almost 100 pages), and if I hadn't have called to confirm receipt, mine wouldn't have made it to board.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Is anybody from the September 2014 IDC Board applying again for this upcoming board in March? If you are, how did you improve your application?

Manzo

Amicmanzo
Is anybody from the September 2014 IDC Board applying again for this upcoming board in March? If you are, how did you improve your application?
That's astonishing that you didn't get picked up with your stats! Makes me weary of what they're looking for now...

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
That's astonishing that you didn't get picked up with your stats! Makes me weary of what they're looking for now...
I should have clarified that this is my first OCS application. I initially was tracking for the December board until it got pushed to the right. Just trying to engage discussion, since it has been so quiet.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
My understanding is that there is a 6 month waiting period for applicants not selected before they can reapply, so I'm not sure if anyone from the September board is eligible for this one. I don't know exactly when that window starts and ends (board date vs. application date, etc.) but this board seems too close for those folks.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
My understanding is that there is a 6 month waiting period for applicants not selected before they can reapply, so I'm not sure if anyone from the September board is eligible for this one. I don't know exactly when that window starts and ends (board date vs. application date, etc.) but this board seems too close for those folks.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those not selected from the September board were cleared to apply for this one, due to the results release taking longer than anticipated.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those not selected from the September board were cleared to apply for this one, due to the results release taking longer than anticipated.
You could be right, I didn't follow any of the traffic related to the September board so not aware of any special circumstances. Just going by what I was told after my last board which was prior to that.