• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I received an email from the officer who places IDC selects in OCS classes. You won't see any changes on BOL. He stated that my final select letter should be sent out this week.

exNavyOffRec

How did you find out about your date? I check the advancements tab on BOL daily to see if anything has changed to no avail. Do you have hard copy orders? Lastly did they advise you of anything to do prior to reporting?

be patient, some wait longer than others, the more they bring in each year the more flexibility, the less the more restrictive, IW has considerably more spots than SWO options, Oceano, or IP with those small ones a redesignation at OCS can have a big effect.

MGB001

For those that have their Final Select letters already, did you have to complete a security interview with an OPM investigator or just with your local SSO before receiving your letter?

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
For those that have their Final Select letters already, did you have to complete a security interview with an OPM investigator or just with your local SSO before receiving your letter?
My processor just had me fill out the SSO questionnaire and send it in by email. No in-person interview with anyone, including OPM, before I got my FINSEL about a month ago.

I'm assuming all is well because I swore in last week and got my orders to OCS. Things seem to be moving because an investigator contacted my boss for an in-person interview this week (I've already put in my notice, but still awkward), even though I still have yet to do any sort of interview myself. Figure they know how to get ahold of me if needed...

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015

I don't know what designator you are applying/applied for but the official instruction [Program Authorization 108A] for INTEL states that "Applicants who are recommended for a commission into the active or reserve component are required to complete a pre-nomination interview with the local Special Security Officer (SSO) prior to final selection as an officer candidate." So it seems all you need is the interview with the SSO. It also seems that they are loose with the word "interview" since Scaevola just mailed in a questionnaire for his "interview" and I answered a questionnaire over the phone with a YN2 who worked for a SSO for my "interview."

MGB001

Good to know, thank you. Interesting they have already contacted your boss, seems to be moving right along. I've changed jobs since I initially turned in my NASIS so I hope that doesn't create an issue.

DEF_INTEL

This thread is pretty dead, but I'm posting for others who were pro-rec INTEL for this board like I was. Despite my earlier post that I had an apparent ship date of July 5th, obviously this was not the case. My FINSEL came in today and I am slotted for September 6th. If others are destined for the same please reach out. Otherwise, thanks for all the great info during this brutal waiting period.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Below are the selection percentages for each IDC Designator:

OCEANO: 50%

OCEANO-SWO: 50%

IW: 15%

IW-SWO: 5%

IP: 7%

IP-SWO: 33%

INTEL: 17%

CWE: 7%
Know this is kinda late, but can you provide raw numbers, including the number of applicants (fleet, nrd, overall)? I'm a stats junkie and I'm sure others would love to see some charts/graphs of trends.

navyhaz

Know this is kinda late, but can you provide raw numbers, including the number of applicants (fleet, nrd, overall)? I'm a stats junkie and I'm sure others would love to see some charts/graphs of trends.

Noticed your DCO. They actually release the results of those boards in detail. They also provide what a competitive applicant looks like; trending attributes of people picked up. It's on this forum somewhere....