• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping that's not the case. I feel the NRD should have mentioned that before encouraging me to apply.

They shouldn't have anyway, there is usually only 1 or 2 spots per year if any at all, they should have been talking about programs that have a much better chance of selection, the NRD's were told many years ago not to push IDC.

thebraz81

Why is it a waste? You probably learned a lot about the process, established good relationships with Officers, and on the optimistic and positive side, you might be selected. Seems like a win, win on all fronts.

I appreciate your optimisim! But I turn 34 this year (I joined way late) and this is pretty well my first and only shot as by the time the next one rolls around I'll be 35. So I DID learn a lot about the process which I can bring to other people at my command. I come from a small boy so I already had a pretty decent rapport with many of the Officers. SWO and Supply were really my only two options that, in hindsight and after reading this board, I stood a decent chance of getting picked up. Too bad both of those communities have age an age limit of 31. But...who knows someone might see my application and say why not...let's take a chance on this guy ha. Good luck to all those who applied in filling those 12 spots!

Manzo

Amicmanzo
I really hope my package was sent to this board! NRC confirmed that they will not send a 2nd email that it was sent to the board unless there were errors. 4 more days...

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I appreciate your optimism But I turn 34 this year (I joined way late) and this is pretty well my first and only shot as by the time the next one rolls around I'll be 35. So I DID learn a lot about the process which I can bring to other people at my command. I come from a small boy so I already had a pretty decent rapport with many of the Officers. SWO and Supply were really my only two options that, in hindsight and after reading this board, I stood a decent chance of getting picked up. Too bad both of those communities have age an age limit of 31. But...who knows someone might see my application and say why not...let's take a chance on this guy ha. Good luck to all those who applied in filling those 12 spots!
The age for all IDC designators, including SWO options is 42, so don't fret.

thebraz81

The age for all IDC designators, including SWO options is 42, so don't fret.

The instruction says 35. 42 is for Intel. Now that I have been through this process I know that the basic instruction can be thrown out the window. Can you tell me where you're getting 42 even for SWO options?

plastycx

Never Giving Up
IDC may be 42 but SWO-IDC limit is 35 according to the help desk \, however they wouldn't accept your packet if you weren't eligible

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
IDC may be 42 but SWO-IDC limit is 35 according to the help desk \, however they wouldn't accept your packet if you weren't eligible
Program Authorizations, I am pretty sure, have greater weight than a help desk conversation. Anybody, correct me if I'm wrong.

How many packages are projected to be approved for the March intel board? My recruiter stated that they usually find out who's been selected the week after the board. I believe the board is March 15-20. This is for reserve intel.

exNavyOffRec

How many packages are projected to be approved for the March intel board? My recruiter stated that they usually find out who's been selected the week after the board. I believe the board is March 15-20. This is for reserve intel.

best asked on the reserve IDC thread vice AD thread

mz247

So, do we have a confirmed date for this Intel board

I was told March 5th a while back, just not sure...anyway i don't remember if Iv checked in or not
But I'll be waiting along side all you!

(Also a lot of people talking about reserved and active duty....do they have a different board for each or same?) I was under the impression it's the same?

Anyway

Best of luck!