• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

NonTech

LadyT, you and I are essentially in the same boat in terms of SUPPO (except I'm just a tad older than you). Ehn, SUPPO was never my dream goal anyways (only added it because my great-grandfather was a Navy lifer in SUPPO [went in enlisted, then got his commission through wartime necessity in WWII]).

Fun to know that my application will spend the whole of winter chillaxing in a file cabinet/harddrive in Tennessee. Gives me more time to improve my French.

With this knowledge of a delay, I'm debating throwing in an application with the Army for their OCS as well, since the local Army enlisted recruiters who are former intel are chomping at the bit to get me to do that (one non-former intel would have had me signed up for Army intel enlisted months ago if she had her way...she's like my brother, who's a USMC OSO right now, all about the numbers and stats for the office and nothing about the actual applicants as people). Has anyone done dual applications like that?

NonTech

OAR: TBD, studying for it now

Make sure to hardcore STUDY, and mentally prepare for the worst conditions imaginable. I had to take mine in a conference room at the local NRD with a guy in the adjacent office having a "very loud conversation" with someone on the phone during most of my Reading Comp section. Worse than taking the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam in an exhibition hall full of metal folding chairs (true story).

FraFla

LadyT, you and I are essentially in the same boat in terms of SUPPO (except I'm just a tad older than you). Ehn, SUPPO was never my dream goal anyways (only added it because my great-grandfather was a Navy lifer in SUPPO [went in enlisted, then got his commission through wartime necessity in WWII]).

Fun to know that my application will spend the whole of winter chillaxing in a file cabinet/harddrive in Tennessee. Gives me more time to improve my French.

With this knowledge of a delay, I'm debating throwing in an application with the Army for their OCS as well, since the local Army enlisted recruiters who are former intel are chomping at the bit to get me to do that (one non-former intel would have had me signed up for Army intel enlisted months ago if she had her way...she's like my brother, who's a USMC OSO right now, all about the numbers and stats for the office and nothing about the actual applicants as people). Has anyone done dual applications like that?
I too am curious about dual applications to different branches. I was told this is not possible but, I was also told this by a recruiter who may have had other motivations. Any insight on this?

exNavyOffRec

I too am curious about dual applications to different branches. I was told this is not possible but, I was also told this by a recruiter who may have had other motivations. Any insight on this?

I had many that did, there is no rule against it, the other service recruiters and I would sometimes talk about the guys applying at career fairs.

FraFla

I had many that did, there is no rule against it, the other service recruiters and I would sometimes talk about the guys applying at career fairs.
Not that this excites me, my heart is with the Navy, but my goal is to become an officer in the armed forces. I have decided to dual apply to the army and will be talking with a recruiter today.

OKI_bound

Random question - Does NCR release OCS quotas and/or selection stats (i.e. X applicants, X IW, X IP, etc.)?

navyhaz

Random question - Does NCR release OCS quotas and/or selection stats (i.e. X applicants, X IW, X IP, etc.)?

If you're asking about the September IDC board results, NC1 posted those states on the September thread. Goal information can be received by calling the help desk. Last number I got from them was spot on btw...

navyhaz

Have you check to verify the school you went to is on the approved list for CWE? It is a short list and they list specific classes that must have been taken.

UMUC is a qualified school. The cyber security program board members are all employed by the NSA. The board had a major contribution to the curriculum and is a major selling point when promoting the program.

exNavyOffRec

UMUC is a qualified school. The cyber security program board members are all employed by the NSA. The board had a major contribution to the curriculum and is a major selling point when promoting the program.

I wonder if that is why in the program authorization it list specific classes that had to have been taken? That the people said certain classes are key.

Manzo

Amicmanzo
I wonder if that is why in the program authorization it list specific classes that had to have been taken? That the people said certain classes are key.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reasoning. But yeah, luckily the curriculum was familiar with what I was doing at my command

haimehhh

"With Intel closed this FY, next board wouldnt be until after October 2016."

Email from my OR. I am putting in for SWO, Supply and Intel. Is this accurate?

My goal is to get a commission, so hopefully chips will fall for either Supply or SWO, but I was very excited about the Intel opportunity. Would appreciate any insight or advice if I can do something proactive. Thanks all.

exNavyOffRec

"With Intel closed this FY, next board wouldnt be until after October 2016."

Email from my OR. I am putting in for SWO, Supply and Intel. Is this accurate?

My goal is to get a commission, so hopefully chips will fall for either Supply or SWO, but I was very excited about the Intel opportunity. Would appreciate any insight or advice if I can do something proactive. Thanks all.

accurate, well since RUFIO has said that he has not seen any communication telling the field to stop recruiting those designators I would say probably not accurate

also, NRC still has 3 IDC boards on the schedule between now and October 1st, so ........