• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS March '16 IDC Board

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
I was under the impression they let you know the results pretty quick.
Normally, this board's results are the slowest of all, beat only by the SEAL officer board. The one exception over the last 2+ years was when they held a board during the last week of the fiscal year in September 2015 and they turned the results out in under a week. That was a big shock to all of us. I wouldn't expect them until some time in April unless they have changed their ways.

JohnH

Normally, this board's results are the slowest of all, beat only by the SEAL officer board. The one exception over the last 2+ years was when they held a board during the last week of the fiscal year in September 2015 and they turned the results out in under a week. That was a big shock to all of us. I wouldn't expect them until some time in April unless they have changed their ways.
well shoot.
Looks like I am going to JRTC for a month no matter what now.
If I had received a Pro Rec Y before we deployed there I was going to be exempt.

JohnH

I continue to look at alternatives and ways to resubmit in the future on a just in case basis since my OAR and GPA were a little low. One option that intrigues me is the direct commission option. What is that and how should I pursue that? Is it reserve only?

exNavyOffRec

I continue to look at alternatives and ways to resubmit in the future on a just in case basis since my OAR and GPA were a little low. One option that intrigues me is the direct commission option. What is that and how should I pursue that? Is it reserve only?

DCO is reserve only

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
What is that and how should I pursue that?
In addition to being reserve, we also are looking for those with graduate degrees, relevant work experience, and leadership experience. Further, only 1 or 2 boards a year with crazy low selection rates.

JohnH

In addition to being reserve, we also are looking for those with graduate degrees, relevant work experience, and leadership experience. Further, only 1 or 2 boards a year with crazy low selection rates.
I think I'll keep trying active if need be.

vabiok2295

My goal is to be commissioned. Assuming I am going for Intel/IP/IW, am I more likely to be picked up as SWO options or straight 18-- designators for IP/IW? i.e., are SWO option candidates statistically more selected? thanks,

exNavyOffRec

My goal is to be commissioned. Assuming I am going for Intel/IP/IW, am I more likely to be picked up as SWO options or straight 18-- designators for IP/IW? i.e., are SWO option candidates statistically more selected? thanks,

On one of these threads you can see some of the past results, in general SWO options have billets in the single digits each year, the 2 with the highest numbers of billets would be Intel and IW. If you look at the stats you can get an idea of where you stand, but in general high GPA and tech degree is important, if I remember right the average GPA of those selected was 3.5 with 1 or 2 less than 3.0