• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS March '16 IDC Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Checking in for this board.
I know my experience will be the winner for me if I am selected, but I feel my scores are a little weak. All I can do now is hope and pray.

Intel/SWO/IW
Male, 31
Active Duty Army, Intelligence SGT
OAR: 46 (weak I know)
LOR: 1 O-6, 2 O-5s, and the Dean of my School
Degree: BS: Christian Minister
GPA: 3.02

You're past the age limit for SWO...

JohnH

Is anyone else getting antsy to find out? I know I am. I mean I am kind of placing some Army training on the back burner until I hear from the board.
I don't harbor any real illusions of guaranteed success at the board, but I am really hoping they actually get to read my personal statement and take into account my experience in the Intelligence field. I also have 4 very strong LORs from field grades officers.
Here's hoping and praying.

gmm1115

Checking in for this board.
Bachelor's: Intercultural Studies: International Development
GPA: 3.8
OAR: 59
4 LORs (3 former employees and university faculty)
International internship, many volunteer hours, no waivers.

JohnH

2 weeks.
I'm praying hard, but I'm already setting items into motion to re-apply in the next year if need be. Attending Advanced Leadership Course soon. Completion in the Army earns you a BS in Intelligence Production through Cochise college. Also starting to look at earning a MS in Intelligence as well.
Still praying and hoping to get this though.

zack13usa

2 weeks.
I'm praying hard, but I'm already setting items into motion to re-apply in the next year if need be. Attending Advanced Leadership Course soon. Completion in the Army earns you a BS in Intelligence Production through Cochise college. Also starting to look at earning a MS in Intelligence as well.
Have you thought of going for STEM next time around?

Squirrel Girl

2 weeks.
I found a Certificate in Advanced International Affairs with Texas A&M. I was looking at doing that because it is brief, but you can still concentrate in Intelligence. I don't think my MBA will do me much good for the IDC board!

Peter Choi

Called my PM today and spoke to her. She said my application is sent up for the upcoming March board's review. Mine didn't make it to the January board since it was missing a tattoo form and I don't even have any tattoo. It looks like I'll hear something back this time.

JohnH

Have you thought of going for STEM next time around?
I am considering it, I am unsure in what direction to go with that. As I am active duty I have what is called Tuition Assistance which I can draw from. But it can only apply to a Masters. I'll consider my options.

zack13usa

Called my PM today and spoke to her. She said my application is sent up for the upcoming March board's review. Mine didn't make it to the January board since it was missing a tattoo form and I don't even have any tattoo. It looks like I'll hear something back this time.
I had my confirmation few weeks ago, fingers crossed at this point.

Quick question everyone; If this board gets cancelled, who do they inform first of their decision if their accession quotas have already been met. And when does it usually happen?

exNavyOffRec

I had my confirmation few weeks ago, fingers crossed at this point.

Quick question everyone; If this board gets cancelled, who do they inform first of their decision if their accession quotas have already been met. And when does it usually happen?

When can it happen is hard to predict, I saw boards cancelled month before, weeks before, and even found out after a board was supposed to happen it was cancelled, so hard to predict.

JohnH

When can it happen is hard to predict, I saw boards cancelled month before, weeks before, and even found out after a board was supposed to happen it was cancelled, so hard to predict.
well, that would suck. I think though they would cancel a later board date. If anything this board may fill the remaining slots. (I'm thinking in terms of how the Army works for this kind of thing.)

JohnH

I spoke with my recruiter. He told me that the mostly people with experience in intel got picked up. Very few with none were selected. I got 6 years with training and experience in intel for counter insurgency, conventional warfare, and hybrid threats. Here's hoping that is what they want.

exNavyOffRec

I spoke with my recruiter. He told me that the mostly people with experience in intel got picked up. Very few with none were selected. I got 6 years with training and experience in intel for counter insurgency, conventional warfare, and hybrid threats. Here's hoping that is what they want.

None of my people nor any at the NRD I was at that were picked up had any Intel experience, what they did all have is high GPA and/or STEM degree.