• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS March '16 IDC Board

sampark85

I started the process July 2015. I submitted my package sometime in December right before the Holidays.
I applied for Supply, Intel and IDW but unfortunately, the person who processed my package overlooked the age waiver I had for Supply Corps and just decided to not process for the Supply board that happened on February 22. So, now I am just waiting for IDC board to happen next week.

My stats aren't great, but I thought it was worth a try.
E3 Aviation Machinist Mate
No Awards, PC of Month and PC of Quarter
1 LoR from O3
3 Interviews O4, O4, O5 select
OAR: 48
DLPT: Korean 3/3/3 Mandarin-Chinese 2/2/2
BSBA: Major Information Technology. Minor: Management
GPA: 2.83

Hope this can be some what of help to some of you guys out there.

zack13usa

I started the process July 2015. I submitted my package sometime in December right before the Holidays.
I applied for Supply, Intel and IDW but unfortunately, the person who processed my package overlooked the age waiver I had for Supply Corps and just decided to not process for the Supply board that happened on February 22. So, now I am just waiting for IDC board to happen next week.

1 LoR from O3

It's unfortunate to hear about the age waiver...a lot of similarities with my package.
Your have a great degree, great DLPT score, reasonable OAR. Your GPA may get you through @NavyOffRec may disagree...other than that I wish you good luck man

exNavyOffRec

1 LoR from O3

If you are an E-3 then you probably haven't been in long, that means you won't have much time that will count to a waiver, how much TIS do you have, are you getting close to 29 or over it already.

sampark85

If you are an E-3 then you probably haven't been in long, that means you won't have much time that will count to a waiver, how much TIS do you have, are you getting close to 29 or over it already.

I actually obtained the waiver. It is good until November 25th of 2016, which is when I will turn 31.
The person who was processing my application thought I didn't get a waiver... Although it was already included in the package.

sampark85

And no IDC experience.

Correct.

Honestly, I just wanted to see if I could use my language and my cultural background as advantage. Since I am Korean born in China. I am familiar with both of the cultures. If they don't accept, oh well, I guess I will submit toward a different designator next time.

exNavyOffRec

Correct.

Honestly, I just wanted to see if I could use my language and my cultural background as advantage. Since I am Korean born in China. I am familiar with both of the cultures. If they don't accept, oh well, I guess I will submit toward a different designator next time.

language isn't that important, not a single person I had picked up IDC listed it (some spoke it due to family), they all had high GPA's and or tech degrees.

how old are you? the hard thing is the designators with lots of spots have low age limits.

sampark85

language isn't that important, not a single person I had picked up IDC listed it (some spoke it due to family), they all had high GPA's and or tech degrees.

how old are you? the hard thing is the designators with lots of spots have low age limits.

I am currently 30. I will be turning 31 in November. TIS 1yr 8months

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
For any recruiters following this thread, the "at board" list was published last night on the N311 page if you want to verify your candidates at this board and designator.