• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice. Never shot a bullup before; dunno if it would agree with me or not.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
This followed me home today .... I think we might "spoon" tonight. :eek:

msarstg556rm5.jpg

I am really jealous of your apparently endless disposable income. :)

utak

myguns.jpg

Here's mine. A SIG P226R and an HK P2000SK, both in 9mm and DA/SA configuration.

(yes A4, I took your advice and got the HK. It rocks).

FMRAM, one of my buddies got a Mosquito and he's been having problems with it. Sometimes the round won't go off and other times it has feeding problems. He was told it would take several hundred rounds to "break in". Did you have problems with yours?

SIG just released a 22 LR conversion kit for P226 users, comes with a new slide, barrel, and magazine. I'm really considering getting that, it's about $330-ish.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
FMRAM, one of my buddies got a Mosquito and he's been having problems with it. Sometimes the round won't go off and other times it has feeding problems. He was told it would take several hundred rounds to "break in". Did you have problems with yours?

SIG just released a 22 LR conversion kit for P226 users, comes with a new slide, barrel, and magazine. I'm really considering getting that, it's about $330-ish.

Nick,
More than likely your friend is using cheap ammo. If he uses the CCI Mini Mag ammo that is recommended, the problem should take care of itself. If he doesn't want to spring for the better ammo, tell him to try switching to the weaker spring to compensate for the lack of heat behind those rounds. If I had a choice between the conversion kit and a new weapon for ~80 bucks more, I would just buy the Mosquito. That P226 looks sweet BTW.

gotta_fly

pilot
I love my USP Compact (mine's black, not tan like this one) and I set it up with the control lever on the right side since I shoot lefty. I love my holster almost as much, the Blackhawk CQ Serpa. Mine's matte black, not shiny like the pic, which goes nicely with my gun. I highly recommend it for its safety and security, durability, and ease of carry/draw.

410009bk-r.jpg

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
I love my USP Compact (mine's black, not tan like this one) and I set it up with the control lever on the right side since I shoot lefty. I love my holster almost as much, the Blackhawk CQ Serpa. Mine's matte black, not shiny like the pic, which goes nicely with my gun. I highly recommend it for its safety and security, durability, and ease of carry/draw.

410009bk-r.jpg

Im looking at both Serpa and the Safariland 6004 holsters to carry my M9 when I goto the desert. I like the serpa but Ive heard the pistol release can easily get jammed by small sand and dirt particles. I do like the safariland's top loop though. Maybe I can get a serpa thigh platform and put the safariland holster on it.

lmnop

Im looking at both Serpa and the Safariland 6004 holsters to carry my M9 when I goto the desert. I like the serpa but Ive heard the pistol release can easily get jammed by small sand and dirt particles. I do like the safariland's top loop though. Maybe I can get a serpa thigh platform and put the safariland holster on it.

I may be missing something, but I'm not sure why you would want to put a safariland on a serpa platform. If you're running a drop leg the platform the safariland comes with works fine. If you're working out of vehicles alot or doing alot of movement, I would look into getting a mounting plate (http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=38CL63&C=C1864) to move your holster up onto your vest and off your legs. Really though, it all falls back to personal preference.