• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
I may be missing something, but I'm not sure why you would want to put a safariland on a serpa platform. If you're running a drop leg the platform the safariland comes with works fine. If you're working out of vehicles alot or doing alot of movement, I would look into getting a mounting plate (http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=38CL63&C=C1864) to move your holster up onto your vest and off your legs. Really though, it all falls back to personal preference.

I kinda like the two attachment points to your belt on the blackhawk serpa platfor. Im unsure about the button you press to pull out the pistol because yea it looks cool but will sand and rocks cause it to lock so you cant get the pistol when you need it?
19210.JPG

Yet I like the holster for the safariland and how it keeps a tab over the end of the pistol so it wont come out. I also do like the lining inside too.

6004tanwl.jpg

lmnop

Im unsure about the button you press to pull out the pistol because yea it looks cool but will sand and rocks cause it to lock so you cant get the pistol when you need it?

Yet I like the holster for the safariland and how it keeps a tab over the end of the pistol so it wont come out. I also do like the lining inside too.

Either one will work fine. I've used both, and never had a problem with retention. Although I was able to get a stronger grip with the serpa, I ended up sticking with the safariland just because I was used to a thumbreak rather than a button. Good luck.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Oh, yeah ... I just paid > $600 this weekend for a box .... a freakin' pre-War Colt box .... go figure.

Not planning on leaving anything for the "kids" .... but what have they done for me lately??? :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, yeah ... I just paid > $600 this weekend for a box .... a freakin' pre-War Colt box .... go figure.

Not planning on leaving anything for the "kids" .... but what have they done for me lately??? :D
Just remember, they'll get to pick your nursing home. :D

skidz

adrenaline junky

They're gonna get your guns :eek: :icon_tong

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Here is my next prospect. Taurus Millennium Pro. 10+1 of .45acp hardball. I am buying it from a friend that is moving to Thailand and can't take it with him. He has only shot it twice and it has less than 100 rounds through it. :)

145SSP.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....I am buying it from a friend that is moving to Thailand and can't take it with him.....
Tell him to wait until he gets to Thailand -- then check the BKK yellow pages -- and go to one or two of the gun stores that I can think of but can't remember the names to .... YOU CAN GET ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BUY!!!

They're great --- just don't try the ol' bring-back -- much trouble. :)

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Tell him to wait until he gets to Thailand -- then check the BKK yellow pages -- and go to one or two of the gun stores that I can think of but can't remember the names to .... YOU CAN GET ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BUY!!!

They're great --- just don't try the ol' bring-back -- much trouble. :)

Wait, you are saying that handguns are legal in Thailand? I always thought they were an no-no. :eek:

Lawman

None
Wait, you are saying that handguns are legal in Thailand? I always thought they were an no-no. :eek:

I think he is saying that you can get so many other types of fun things that go bang you wont miss handguns.