• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

utak

Sir,

Do you have yours in LEM or in regular DA/SA? And if you have LEM, did you get your trigger pull reduced? I'm kinda leaning towards DA/SA with decocker cause it'll be the easiest transition from my SIG. But I might do the LEM if the trigger pull can be reduced.

It's my go-to pistol for everyday concealed carry, holster or belly bag. I highly recommend it.

I went with the 40 S&W caliber for commonality with the rest of my H&K USPC derivative pistols, however ... I like it, have no hesitations or reservations about the subcompact pistol or the caliber. I originally thought controllability, the caliber, and the grip length might combine to present some issues -- but it's not a problem in practice -- one hand or two, weak or strong hand.

p2ksub40hp8.jpg

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Check THIS out. I'm a huge fan of their rifles although you can't go wrong with a Kimber. I've been looking into their Varmint model to satisfy my 22-250 craving. As for the 204, I have the the CZ 527 American (smaller, shorter, perfect for coyote hunting) and it's a great performer. Can't go wrong with a Mauser Action and I like the detachable mag, single set trigger and over all looks. I found a gunsmith that will mill down the foward part of the trigger guard and cut down a magazine so that it will fit flush with the receiver. Mag capacity is reduced to two from five but the standard five round will also fit. For those who have a CZ 527 (any caliber) or thinking about getting one here is his website: http://www.rvbprecision.com/articles/11/cz-527-rifle-magazine-conversion

It's a Kimber Custom Classic. I was sort of on the fence between that and an Anchutz...but then I handled a Kimber and the choice was clear. I have to wait though, becuase they only had the Custom in the store. Should be in my hot little hands in a few weeks.

As for the .204...I think I may get another one. I absolutely loved that cartridge and still have the dies, brass etc....to keep me shooting it for a while. The Cooper Montana Varmiter comes to mind as a possible replacement for the Rugger...we'll see.

Lawman

None
Sir,

Do you have yours in LEM or in regular DA/SA? And if you have LEM, did you get your trigger pull reduced? I'm kinda leaning towards DA/SA with decocker cause it'll be the easiest transition from my SIG. But I might do the LEM if the trigger pull can be reduced.

The LEM trigger sucks. Its really a compromise towards "safety" that was brought out by people that dont put the serious time and effort in to properly training with a handgun who carry it every day (IE Law Enforcement). Honestly it sounds like a good idea in theory but in actual practice the trigger is just too inconsistant with its pull and release and causes too many problems. I would tell you your almost better off just putting the weapon into a double action only variant because while the pull is heavier at least its consistant. Me I carried mine DA/SA with the hammer cocked and the safety off in holster because to be quite honest if that gun had to come out of leather it needed to do it in the simpliest process possible and that was it. Scared some of the guys that had no real upbringing around handguns and carried the hammerless pistols like XD's and Glocks but that fear was unfounded as there were plenty of people carrying 1911's the same way long before I started doing it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Sir,

Yes -- LEM out of the box. I ordered the spring conversion set(s) from H&K -- two springs/pistol -- it took @ 3 weeks to receive them from H&K -- call them and ask to speak to Travis -- and I installed them myself in two pistols. It dropped the trigger pull from @ 8.5 lbs to around 5.1 lbs on an electronic trigger-pull gauge. There's a good "how to" posted on the H&K Pro forum website complete with all instructions and pictures of the conversion.

As you have already noted, the conversion makes all the difference in the world, although I've read a lot of pro-LEM articles and first-hand field reports that disagree with me. Each to his/her own.....

My favorite H&K trigger (out of the box) remains the P2000 V3 ...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Me I carried mine DA/SA with the hammer cocked and the safety off in holster because to be quite honest if that gun had to come out of leather it needed to do it in the simpliest process possible and that was it. Scared some of the guys that had no real upbringing around handguns and carried the hammerless pistols like XD's and Glocks but that fear was unfounded as there were plenty of people carrying 1911's the same way long before I started doing it.

You carried cocked and safety off on a holstered 1911? I always thought it was cocked and safety on.

Isn't sweeping the safety off with your thumb part of the draw to action on a 1911?

Lawman

None
You carried cocked and safety off on a holstered 1911? I always thought it was cocked and safety on.

Isn't sweeping the safety off with your thumb part of the draw to action on a 1911?

No I carried a USP, with the hammer back and the safety off. And it actually made the retention strap fit even tighter and hold the gun in the holster better so it didnt rattle around any. Also moved the strap just forward enough that it made it easier to flick off with my thumb.

utak

Sir, how is the trigger reset in the LEM? I'm leaning towards DA/SA (just as I said before, easiest transition from my SIG), but my roommate really wants the LEM due to the hammer less trait for concealed carry. Is it as long as some people said it is?

Yes -- LEM out of the box. I ordered the spring conversion set(s) from H&K -- two springs/pistol -- it took @ 3 weeks to receive them from H&K -- call them and ask to speak to Travis -- and I installed them myself in two pistols. It dropped the trigger pull from @ 8.5 lbs to around 5.1 lbs on an electronic trigger-pull gauge. There's a good "how to" posted on the H&K Pro forum website complete with all instructions and pictures of the conversion.

As you have already noted, the conversion makes all the difference in the world, although I've read a lot of pro-LEM articles and first-hand field reports that disagree with me. Each to his/her own.....

My favorite H&K trigger (out of the box) remains the P2000 V3 ...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
So I decided to take a forensic science class last semester entitled "shooting incidents" and one of the things that we did for "lab" was to shoot car doors and drywall in and then attempt to reconstruct the approximate angle that the shot came from. The cool part was when a SWAT guy came out to help us put a few holes in the various media and brought along one of these! I got to shoot a whole magazine and I think I am in love. I thought it was pretty Ironic that after almost 8 years in the military, the first time I shot a full-auto weapon was for a college class. :D

Mp5-Large.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Ok, ok. Here's mine. Locked and loaded.

Ya, I'm in a skivvy. So sue me. I had just gotten back from a run....

IMG_1210.jpg

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
So I had some cash burning a hole in my pocket... Sig Sauer Mosquito two-tone.

MOSQ-TT-left.jpg

$410 out the door! Range report to follow...

I took the 'ol Mosquito out to the range a few times and I have about 300 rounds through it so far. As I expected, there have been no FTF's or extraction issues. I have been shooting CCI mini mags out of it and they actually have a bit of recoil. I would say the recoil in total is slightly less than half of my 9mm P226. Great gun.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I took the 'ol Mosquito out to the range a few times and I have about 300 rounds through it so far. As I expected, there have been no FTF's or extraction issues. I have been shooting CCI mini mags out of it and they actually have a bit of recoil. I would say the recoil in total is slightly less than half of my 9mm P226. Great gun.

That's a beautiful gun for the price!