• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 08 Selection Board

Lobster

Pro-rec'd Pilot.
Stats:
8,8,8 65 ASTB
BS Biomedical Engineering 2.94GPA
No prior flight or military experience
Letters from former track coach and employers
PRK performed 2005

I would say that's it in a nutshell. Haven't been hearing anymore successes or failures from people, I wonder about the number of applicants and number of accepted for pilot this board.

I was told 36 applied for pilot and 12 of those were BDCP applicants for pilot. So...so far we have two on here that have been selected? I think I counted right :confused: congrats again to those selected so far, hopefully more good news to come from everyone else.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Pro-rec'd Pilot.
Stats:
8,8,8 65 ASTB
BS Biomedical Engineering 2.94GPA
No prior flight or military experience
Letters from former track coach and employers
PRK performed 2005

I would say that's it in a nutshell. Haven't been hearing anymore successes or failures from people, I wonder about the number of applicants and number of accepted for pilot this board.

You'll have to change your avatar... Not too many hogs flying in the Navy! :icon_wink:D

Lobster

Yeah, thanks for explaining tyler, someone had started another thread for the july boards and I put the link to this one in there. I'm guessing one of the mods merged them.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Just got home and read the rest, congrats to th 2 who made it so far. Keep updating as results come in.

Lobster

Jackass said:
Kurtz you ARE going crazy ;)

Someone get this guys some results so he stops pulling his hair out

Who said anything about going? I was crazy long before this process started :icon_wink. :icon_nav_:icon_eek::icon_what:scared_12:crazy_125:shake_125. I'm doing alright I just get the feeling I didn't get selected, I'm scared to call my recruiter tomorrow for that exact reason but lets look at the bright side, if I pull out all my hair then I'm more aerodynamic and maybe the Navy will want me more as well :p.

Layzee101

Final Select SWO
Not selected for pilot, I was selected for swo however, and happy with that. Thanks to all the guys that make this forum awsome. Congrats to those selected, and good luck for those that are waiting!

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Jackass said:
But hey, if you don't get selected (knocks on wood) there are always more chances. I'm banking on AT LEAST 3 tries when my time comes ;)

Never give up. It took me 2 times, and it's worth the emotional roller coaster. :D

Layzee101

Final Select SWO
I would but I need to keep the ball rolling, I have the semester starting up soon and I don't think I will have the time to dedicate to it. Plus the enlisted guys will be expecting me to ship if i turn it down ( I'm currently in DEP for nuke). I've decided to go with swo. Maybe later I can make pilot. I'll take the hand thats been delt :)

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
I would but I need to keep the ball rolling, I have the semester starting up soon and I don't think I will have the time to dedicate to it. Plus the enlisted guys will be expecting me to ship if i turn it down ( I'm currently in DEP for nuke). I've decided to go with swo. Maybe later I can make pilot. I'll take the hand thats been delt :)

In that case, congrats and give it your all!

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
... I'll take the hand thats been delt :)

Good on you. I'm glad to see someone that is grateful for being selected as an officer and not starting a "Should I turn it down?" thread. You put it as an option, and you took it.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Non Select BDCP SNA
50 6/7/6
3.16 from years business and was switching to aerospace.
instrument pilot 170hrs
all the good activities and recs.

Well guys, its been a shitty month. <Not because of this, the wait and anticipation has just been an interesting journey. I will live to apply another day and hell I still have 2 more years of college, so im going to work hard and enjoy it. <good example supporting the idea of "The best time to apply is NOW!"

My up most congratulations to the you guys selected and my prayers are def. there for you kurtzie, because I know how much you want it.