• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 08 Selection Board

streborhcaz

My stats:
Pro-rec'd pilot in BDCP
Currently a junior at Texas A&M University (graduate in Dec '09)
Major: Political Science with a 3.52 GPA
Prior Service: Texas Air National Guard (4+ years), no prior flight experience.
Letters of Rec: 2 from Lt. Cols at Ellington, 1 from mayor of my hometown, 1 from a retired Navy Captain pilot, 1 from CMSgt at Ellington.
ASTB: 6/6/6 58 (wasn't happy with these :()

Congrats to the others that made it.

wannabeapilot05

Non Select BDCP SNA

Senior at NC State University
3.15 in Aerospace Engineering with math minor
7/7/8 56 ASTB
Tons of extracurriculars & good recs.

Congratulations on the guys who pro-rec'd, keep trying to the ones who didn't. I know I'll be trying again in six months.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Non Select BDCP SNA

7/7/8 56 ASTB

Congratulations on the guys who pro-rec'd, keep trying to the ones who didn't. I know I'll be trying again in six months.

Ouch, it's looking like a tough month so far.

Blackbird don't give up on your dream. Find another way to apply, your scores are very competitive. Keep working at it, drink some beer, and go watch the Wolfpack dominate as the 2nd best college football team in NC :D. (Went to ASU)

PS- everyone I've met in our NRD has been extremely helpful. Pick their brains to find out what your next move is.

srqwho

pilot
Kudos to all selected, and to those who weren't keep truckin. Getting all the necessary paperwork together and making sure you've taken care of all the other stuff is no small feat... look over things and see where you can improve and get it done... then resubmit.

wannabeapilot05

Thanks jt, I will definitely be getting back to the OSO in a few days. The recruiters in our NRD have been nothing short of awesome.

Definitely getting ready for football season...and the second best team?! I recall destroying you guys a couple years ago while your starting quarterback was yacking all over our freshly painted field:D Gotta give it to you for the Michigan game last year though.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Thanks jt, I will definitely be getting back to the OSO in a few days. The recruiters in our NRD have been nothing short of awesome.

Definitely getting ready for football season...and the second best team?! I recall destroying you guys a couple years ago while your starting quarterback was yacking all over our freshly painted field:D Gotta give it to you for the Michigan game last year though.

If Armanti Edwards was in, it would have been a different story. Where were you guys when we were looking for an in-state game this year? The only team that stepped up was LSU. :D

Just friendly jabbing, I'd rather see NCSU win then the Tarholes in ANYTHING. Duke sucks too :D.

/threadjack

Lobster

Just got a call from my recuiter and apparently my application made it to the board but wasn't reviewed? He said he's got two other guys from his district that the same thing happend to and then two more who got picked up this month. Supposed to get a phone call later when he gets more details...

Looks like August board here I come...doing the whole thing over again hahaha

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Looks like mini- April ...:( tough luck and keep tracking to some. To the guys who made it, congrats and don't fvck it up. Also, anyone in here NOT do BDCP ? I'm interested in seeing how those guys fared.

Lobster

Yeah would have been nice to get an answer either ya or nay but I guess my dreams haven't been totally killed yet haha.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Non Select BDCP SNA

7/7/8 56 ASTB

Question, if you reapply without the BDCP designation, do you have to wait 6 months? If so, it might be worth a try since you're already a senior. The only reason I ask is because I had your exact ASTB score and a 3.26 gpa in Business and was lucky enough to get picked up last month (non BDCP).

Definitely reapply. You too, BOND!

wannabeapilot05

I'm not sure Tyler, but thanks for the insight. I will definitely look in to that. Again, congratulations on getting picked up for OCS, and good luck with the rest of your endeavors.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Think about some volunteer work in between reapplying..that's what I'm doing, anything to help you stand above your competition. The gpa and astb just get you in the door to show you are qualified. The "filling" in the application gets you the pro-rec.

Lobster

Question, if you reapply without the BDCP designation, do you have to wait 6 months? If so, it might be worth a try since you're already a senior. The only reason I ask is because I had your exact ASTB score and a 3.26 gpa in Business and was lucky enough to get picked up last month (non BDCP).

Definitely reapply. You too, BOND!

I don't think you have to wait the six months if your non BDCP, my recruiter told me that the big thing with reapplying was something has to change on your application, gpa, community service, scores, something has to improve for them to look at your package again. Talked to Bond on the phone about an hour ago, he's in good spirits, much better than I would have been.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I'm of the opinion that your GPA would hold more weight in BDCP than a normal OCS application. It seems logical that it would mean more since they are paying you to go to school and exceed standards.