• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 08 Selection Board

Lobster

I'm of the opinion that your GPA would hold more weight in BDCP than a normal OCS application. It seems logical that it would mean more since they are paying you to go to school and exceed standards.

I'd agree with that but I'm sure they weight in the total package and take a good look at applicants for BDCP to make sure its a good investment for the Navy.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I'm sure gpa is a big part, sense they want to be sure your not going to get near that 2.7 min.
I am definitely going to be taking every community service, student body position available, I'm going to hunt down some clutch interviews and boost the recommendations and will be applying next time I can in the new fiscal year. My OR mentioned the increase in flight slots for 09 and I'm not a 100% sure how that is going to affect BDCP applicants, as my OCS date will be in 2010. My OR said the the increased number in flight slots also applied to students(as in BDCP guys), but he didn't seem 100% about it, thus I'm not a 100% about it. more of a 33. 33% repeating of corse

FDX

It's mind games!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler
Question, if you reapply without the BDCP designation, do you have to wait 6 months? If so, it might be worth a try since you're already a senior. The only reason I ask is because I had your exact ASTB score and a 3.26 gpa in Business and was lucky enough to get picked up last month (non BDCP).

Definitely reapply. You too, BOND!

I don't think you have to wait the six months if your non BDCP, my recruiter told me that the big thing with reapplying was something has to change on your application, gpa, community service, scores, something has to improve for them to look at your package again. Talked to Bond on the phone about an hour ago, he's in good spirits, much better than I would have been.Quote:

A. Yes, you can apply in back to back if you switch from BDCP SNA to OCS SNA without "significant improvement" in your app. I got turned down BDCP SNA in May and pro-rec'd OCS SNA in June without changing a thing.

B. If applying for the same community, be it BDCP SNA or OCS SNA, everyone has to wait 6 months if there is not "significant improvement" in their app. "Significant improvement" was explained to me as pretty much only gpa and astb. LOR's, PRT, community service, flight (minus maybe another rating) does not count. At least this is what my OR told me.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
A. Yes, you can apply in back to back if you switch from BDCP SNA to OCS SNA without "significant improvement" in your app. I got turned down BDCP SNA in May and pro-rec'd OCS SNA in June without changing a thing.

BAM! There you go, Blackbird and Tabond. Take out a student loan, and we'll see you in the August Board.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Wait, so I can apply to OCS even as a junior in college? My graduation date will be May 2010.. I figured you had to wait for ocs, as in you have to have the degree.

Lobster

Wait, so I can apply to OCS even as a junior in college? My graduation date will be May 2010.. I figured you had to wait for ocs, as in you have to have the degree.

I think you can but there is a time limit like applying for BDCP, my OR mentioned something about applying for regular OCS and I was able to do it yet.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I think you can but there is a time limit like applying for BDCP, my OR mentioned something about applying for regular OCS and I was able to do it yet.

Correct. You can apply for OCS at any time during your college career. You dont have to have your degree.

Lobster

Correct. You can apply for OCS at any time during your college career. You dont have to have your degree.

You've still got to do the degree completion plan if you apply before graduation right? and does anyone know how close you have to be to graduation to put in the app for regular OCS?

dan15

Male,26
Prior service: 6yrs Air National Guard, F-15 crew chief (E-5)
5/6/5 55
Business Management 3.33 GPA
Good high PRT
LORs: 2 ANG E-8(old supervisors),1 O-3(former OIC),1 USMC O-5(ret.)flight instructor
Interviews: O-3 and O-6(ret.) both pilots. Excellent write ups
Flight time: 30hrs Cesna 172, 3hrs Extra 300L
Applying SNA/SNFO

Pro Rec'd SNFO
Missed the June board due to problems with my kit. It was a really long two months, but worth every minute. For all of you that don't have the 9/9/9 70 scores, I am a perfect example of the whole-person concept. Fly Navy!!!

Goob,
Thanks again for looking into my situation earlier. You are a great asset to this forum.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
You've still got to do the degree completion plan if you apply before graduation right? and does anyone know how close you have to be to graduation to put in the app for regular OCS?

I was under the impression that you can apply at any point in college; but yes you do have to fill out the degree completion plan.

FDX

It's mind games!
I was under the impression that you can apply at any point in college; but yes you do have to fill out the degree completion plan.

I believe you have to be within one year of graduation to apply for OCS. But I would check with your OR to be absolutely sure. Good luck kurtz.

...BTW, does anyone know how to put multiple quotes in one post. Retarded question... I know. Sorry in advance.

Lobster

I've still got all my hopes and dreams in the BDCP program, so we'll see what happens with that first, my OR told me I wasn't within the timeline to apply for straight OCS yet.

And I think you have to quote the original one then copy and paste the other things you want into your post and wrap them using the wrap quote tags around selected text button

like this