• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 08 Selection Board

Lobster

Hey guys, my recruiter told me that unless something freakish happens :eek: that I'm going to make the July board. I am applying for BDCP Pilot and was wonder who else is up for this board? I know last month most of the guys on here got it so my fingers are crossed that this month will show the same trend...Cheers and good luck to you all!

Layzee101

Final Select SWO
I was up for the June board for BDCP and was "tabled". My OR said it wasn't bad, just that they didn't want to deny me (yet) so putting me off for the July board. Only so many slots open and all.... Sheesh

Layzee101

Final Select SWO
SUNY Buffalo State
5/5/4 53
Bio Major / Chem Minor 3.05 GPA
Ref: Retired Airforce/Border patrol, Retired State trooper/Customs Agent & Boss, Professor
Currently in Navy DEP program for nuke

Sorry, was avoiding my stats, I'm not too proud of them :icon_tong

Lobster

Elmira College
3.1 GPA
Marketing/Management Majors
ASTB 4/5/6/42
8:53 Run
79 Push-ups
98 Sit-ups
LOR's - 3 School Administrators, 3 Coaches, 3 0-5's
Currently playing varsity hockey and lacrosse
14 Campus Clubs & Activities
16 Various Awards and Honors

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
BDCP SNA FY2010
6/7/6 50oar
3.16 business. next semester switch for aerospace
instrument rated w/170 hours
Lor's- Lt. Col marines, Major AF (ret). attorney friend, high school counselor (ret. army officer)
Held office in fraternity
national junior expert mountain bike champion plus other sports.
and PRT 11:08 run, 47 push ups, 76 sit ups <--- OR decided to do it after fasting 12 hours for meps blood work, at 1pm after an extra 5 hours of funfor meps it self. horrible idea.

iight, well I'll b back and forth on here till we get news, good luck to all.

Lobster

and PRT 11:08 run, 47 push ups, 76 sit ups <--- OR decided to do it after fasting 12 hours for meps blood work, at 1pm after an extra 5 hours of funfor meps it self. horrible idea.

You had to fast? I thought I would but my recruiter didn't say anything?

SkidGear

hey bond def post when you make it, I am up for the aug boards with similar stats...are you just going for sna???

I scored 6/7/6 48 blah.....have around 900 hours rotor comm/instr.....etc.etc....good luck

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Yeah SNA, they suggested fasting because it would make the blood work go faster, something about having a fasted blood sugar level(the explanation given to me by a healthcare professional). Typically my OR said people would drive in the day before meps and do their PRT. However the day before my meps was father's day. So we had to do the PRT after the physical. Everything above minimums so he said not to worry about it. I am just athletic and I felt like crap performing poorly.

Lobster

yeah I could see how getting blood drawn would take it out of you, I would have been a little ticked myself

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Also, just to toss some more information around. Where are you guys/gals in school at and if you already fly what kinda machinery are you working with?
My first two years of school were at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. business/marketing. Now I am at Middle Tennessee State University, aerospace/pro pilot.
More aeronautical ratings not really necessary, because the navy will teach me to fly how they want me too. However, I figure I will fly another 100hrs by the time I graduate anyway, so I might as well earn ratings anyway.
I learned to fly in a 152, took my ride in 172(152 wasn't working). took my instrument ride in a different 172(the other 2 172's* wern't ifr legal). after my instrument decided I wouldn't fly 172 unless I had too. So since then I have been flying an Old Piper arrow II, which does alright(faster with more buttons and knobs). So besides that I think about girls, being a naval officer and watching movies about both. One I suggested, The Final Countdown.

Fiasco1101

FINAL SELECT
'07 Grad University of Notre Dame
B.S. Architecture 3.232 gpa

Applying SNA/SNFO
ASTB 7/7/7 54
PRT: 75 p.u. 95 s.u. 11:14min 1.5m
LOR's O-5 (reserve), O-4 (ret.), founding shareholder for an accounting firm (ND grad), 1 Army (5 yrs served current Chairman of the Board of Directors Coast Guard Foundation)

Lobster

I'm going into my Junior year at Elmira College this fall. Before I got here I spent three years playing semi-pro hockey in Canada so i'm older for my class year. No actual flight experience just simulators

Lobster

Is this really it? There are only three guys up for the boards this month on AW?

My OR said he'd call me when he got the official numbers of how many were applying but I thought there would be more that were on AW...