• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Yes, the sooner the better. I will have mine in by the 15th including MEPS (Friday morning), PRT (Friday afternoon) and ASTB (tomorrow morning). I'm going BDCP so there might not be as much competition, but straight OCS has the issue of rollover candidates. If there were 102 applicants into the November boards, then from what I understand there will already be 52 in line for January (and again, more rollovers). So get it in as soon as you can, and make sure it's as complete as possible since revisions (new LOR's, PRT or ASTB scores) will take even longer to get viewed by the board again after the first round. It truly gives meaning to the "hurry up and wait" phrase that is used around here.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's interesting...Does it mean if/after becoming a naval aviator I can apply to the physiology program and possibly do both?

Here's what it says:

Those aeromedical officers who were previously designated naval aviators are primary candidates for this program. Those aeromedical officers not previously designated as a pilot or NFO, or who hold aeronautical ratings from other military services are not primary candidates for the AMDD program, but may be considered.

Check your PM

swerdna

None
Contributor
December Board

I hope this isn't a repeat question, but I couldn't find (or didn't look hard enough for) an answer.

Why isn't the Navy doing a December board? Is this common?

NTXRockr

OK, at last I took my ASTB and can post my stats for the January boards...

BDCP - SNA only
23M
3.2gpa Political Science @ University of North Texas, grad. December 2010
66 9-9-9 ASTB (WOO HOO!!!)
LOR's: 1 Navy CDR (S-3 pilot, airline Chief Pilot/coworker), 1 AF Colonel (F-4/F-16 pilot, airline Director of Safety/pilot/coworker), 1 AF Major (F-4 pilot/instructor, local Justice of the Peace, church friend), my first college major department chair, airline director of operations (pilot/coworker)
Misc: Varsitied 6 sports in high school and captain of three, volunteer work, church musician/assistant youth group leader, former AFROTC cadet (I came to my senses, lol), I've flown and worked on planes since childhood and have LOTS of flight time but no ratings...that will change very soon.

I'm totally ecstatic about the ASTB, as I had a hectic two weeks and only studied for an hour last night and two hours or so prior to that, and just glanced over the guides before taking it today. My OR said they've never seen a 9 on anyone's test out of NRD Dallas, and some of the guys thought I was kidding when I showed them my test card. Now I have to postpone celebrating until tomorrow night as I have my MEPS physical at 0500 tomorrow.

It's such a relief knowing all I have left to do is MEPS and a PRT.....now it's time to "hurry up and wait", lol.

BullGator

Apply by the 15th of Dec to make the Jan boards. That's the word; there may be some exceptions but I would shot for applying before then.

-break-

No Dec boards for most designators. Probably because of the holiday breaks... ask the Navy. :icon_wink

-break-

Awesome ASTB scores NTX!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
OK, at last I took my ASTB and can post my stats for the January boards...

BDCP - SNA only
23M
3.2gpa Political Science @ University of North Texas, grad. December 2010
66 9-9-9 ASTB (WOO HOO!!!)
LOR's: 1 Navy CDR (S-3 pilot, airline Chief Pilot/coworker), 1 AF Colonel (F-4/F-16 pilot, airline Director of Safety/pilot/coworker), 1 AF Major (F-4 pilot/instructor, local Justice of the Peace, church friend), my first college major department chair, airline director of operations (pilot/coworker)
Misc: Varsitied 6 sports in high school and captain of three, volunteer work, church musician/assistant youth group leader, former AFROTC cadet (I came to my senses, lol), I've flown and worked on planes since childhood and have LOTS of flight time but no ratings...that will change very soon.

I'm totally ecstatic about the ASTB, as I had a hectic two weeks and only studied for an hour last night and two hours or so prior to that, and just glanced over the guides before taking it today. My OR said they've never seen a 9 on anyone's test out of NRD Dallas, and some of the guys thought I was kidding when I showed them my test card. Now I have to postpone celebrating until tomorrow night as I have my MEPS physical at 0500 tomorrow.

It's such a relief knowing all I have left to do is MEPS and a PRT.....now it's time to "hurry up and wait", lol.

Nice NTX...so you are aware your kit must be AT CNRC by Monday..that doesn't mean send it then. I would have submitted right after I got my ASTB scores if I were you and the OR had allowed me to.

Charity

Final Select SNA
I'm still waiting for my OR to send me my application so I can sign it. He had to make sure the format was correct. He says it has to be there by the 19th but I want it there ASAP.

NTXRockr

Thanks BullGator, I was (and still am) pumped when I got done earlier today, and couldn't believe it when I saw it myself. Now I just hope it'll ensure me admittance into the BDCP and an SNA slot. I figured a 60-7-7-7 would've given me good shot, so I think my chances may be a little better now, lol.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I'm still waiting for my OR to send me my application so I can sign it. He had to make sure the format was correct. He says it has to be there by the 19th but I want it there ASAP.

It is funny though about wanting the kits in on time, because I've heard horror stories about how kits are sometimes just laying around randomly in some office and get "lost" and then found again but only in time for the next month's selection board. :eek:

NTXRockr

Nice NTX...so you are aware your kit must be AT CNRC by Monday..that doesn't mean send it then. I would have submitted right after I got my ASTB scores if I were you and the OR had allowed me to.

My OR says that the physical and PRT can be submitted after sending in the packet, and that the sooner it is the better. I will have MEPS done with tomorrow morning, and my PRT sometime within the next month - I'm fighting a cold at the moment, plus still need to lose a few more pounds and work up my scores a little more.

He didn't mention it being due by the 15th, but wanted my packet in at least by then. He said both the physical and PRT scores are sent in electronically, so it'll be there tomorrow afternoon...

Gills

All this talk of submitting by the 15th. I thought that was only a concern for us straight OCSers?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
All this talk of submitting by the 15th. I thought that was only a concern for us straight OCSers?

Well no matter what the date is, why not just play it safe? BDCP or not. I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing I got it in for whatever date everyone was talking about instead of wondering if I made whatever "cut off" rumor was floating about. A few people have said their OR said the 15th, mine included..granted I'm going straight OCS, but the BDCP selection board is on the same day..so it's the safe play.

Even though I'm competing against you jokers, if I had it my way I'd want all of us to get selected, so just looking out.