• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

BDCPCowboy

OU Do you know how many candidates from the November boards were rolled over...Or a total number? Is there a way to find out?

So basically, you got an LOR from everyone in Spearfish, South Dakota?

I'm also curious, is it because of the Sheriff that you got to know the lawyer? :)

Sorry it took me awhile to respond. I had to ride my horse to my dial-up connection:icon_wink Your very witty Sir. Last time I checked the Sheriff is an elected position over a county and yes Spearfish would be within that county. The Lawyer I met at the University of Wyoming. Even though I may know a majority of the population in the tri-state area.:icon_tong Yes, I have had a couple of tickets but I would not consider those who gave them professional references.

26 M

2.52 GPA Aviation Management University of Oklahoma - Currently getting my Air Traffic Control certification

LORs: Navy CDR (A-6 pilot), AF COL (B-52 Sqdn CO) , AF LtCOL (USAFA prof.), Academic Counselor, Dean, Professor, Family friend (VP of Oil Company)

So basically you tapped your social network too?
I'm also curious, is it because of GPA that you got to know the Academic Counselor, Dean and Professor:icon_wink

Have to be able to take it to dish it out..but seriously your ASTB scores..are legit

I'd agree with calling that bad gouge, its the total package that they look at, they don't want some dummy with a 1.8 in intro to basket weaving but they don't want some bookworm who can do nothing but ace tests. They look at everything, scores, grades, activities, athletics, volunteer experience, and leadership

Makes perfect sense... Thanks for the feedback and Congrats

ILB

26/m/68"/175#
ASTB: 8/8/9 OAR: 63
SN USN (19 months in)
POD Guard Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
PFA- 8:57 run/112 sit-ups/95 push-ups
Collaterals:
-section Training PO
-Assistant Command Fitness Leader
-FCE Team Leader
B.S. Chemistry (San Diego State University)
-2.95 gpa
-one year of college soccer
My OCS package will hopefully be in for January.
If not January, Febuary.

BDCPCowboy

26/m/68"/175#
SN USN (19 months in)
Collaterals:
-section Training PO
-FCE Team Leader
-2.95 gpa
If not January, Febuary.

GITMO ILB your putting me to shame with that ASTB/PRT Beastin out. Looks like a very strong packet to me. Good Luck Sir

BullGator

26/m/68"/175#
SN USN (19 months in)
Collaterals:
-section Training PO
-FCE Team Leader
-2.95 gpa
If not January, Febuary.
What designators are you applying for?

Those are some impressive stats. How long have you been training for the PRT/PFA, or are you just physically gifted?

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
That is impressive. Where'd you get your HGH?

What, you don't have a drug dealer on speed dial like the rest of us?...lol, that's what the media and congress would like us all to believe.

I used to be able to perfect score my PFT when in AFROTC (8:50 1.5mile, 80pu/90su in 1:00 each), but those days aren't back yet...I'll be good to eek out a 10:00 1.5mile and 50pu/su. I'm not counting on high scores yet when I have 20lbs+ to lose. I take my ASTB next Friday, so I'll post my stats and scores after I get back.

For now, I'm 23, SNA BDCP, 3.3 political science...check my bio for any other info. It looks like January is going to be a competitive month, good luck everyone.....

ILB

What designators are you applying for?

Those are some impressive stats. How long have you been training for the PRT/PFA, or are you just physically gifted?

Going SNA & NFO.
There should be no reason that anyone can't get 9:00/90+/90+ on the gayFa.
I'm on watch for 65 hrs/week.
Eat Broccoli and Crossfit.com

Gills

Here are my stats

Submitting for: SWO and Intel (straight OCS)
ASTB: 48
GPA: 3.78 History major, Spanish minor.
LOR: Intel Rear Admiral
2 Professors
employer
Other Stuff: History Honor's Society President
Magna Cum Laude
Departmental Honors
Studied at Oxford University (England) summer 07
Dean's list 8 straight semesters
08 Excellence in Writing award

Don't think I have much of a chance for Intel because of my ASTB but I'm hoping I'll be ok for SWO with the rest of my package

Srp7286

I've also heard from my officer recruiter that by the last few months, there are less and less spots that are open. If you are just under the requirements like me, 4/5/4 45 3.0 GPA, I was told you have a better chance in the beginning of the new year due to all the open spots that are open.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I've also heard from my officer recruiter that by the last few months, there are less and less spots that are open. If you are just under the requirements like me, 4/5/4 45 3.0 GPA, I was told you have a better chance in the beginning of the new year due to all the open spots that are open.

This is BAD gouge...just like your "gpa requirement" post. There is no way to game the system. If there was, everybody would be submitting at the beginning of the new fiscal year..which would void the "advantage". There were a shit ton of accepted applicants in May..which would be at the tail end of the fiscal year...It just ebbs and flows based on the needs of the Navy at that point in time.

Also, you are too fixated on GPA...it is merely 1 requirement in a whole host of requirements. (Also..you need to concentrate on getting those 4's up to the 6-ish range to be just "under" what is being deemed competitive at the boards) There are MANY applicants out there that have steller gpa's and/or stellar ASTB scores. (I'm the poor gpa but good ASTB variety). What else can separate you from the pack? What kind of extra curriculars make you different than AJ Squaredaway? What kind of impressive letters of recommendations do you have?

These all go into being selected as an officer. Just submit , see what happens and submit again (and again). Each time, just better yourself and hopefully you will get in.

Remember..the gpa/astb is just a measurable to get you IN the door...the other parts of your package clinch the deal.

Gills

If any of you were November board stragglers like me, I have some potentially good news (for me at least,:)!) I submitted for SWO on Oct 28th and did not make the November boards, but my recruiter told me yesterday that I am on the January boards.

If anyone is submitting for INTEL, I think that I heard the board is backed up until February. (Don't quote me on that, though).

Anybody else submitting for SWO? INTEL?

Charity

Final Select SNA
I was hoping to have my packet submitted for the January boards. However, I went to MEPS a few days ago and have to see a cardiologist for an aortic valve heart murmur. It will be about a month before I can see the cardiologist. My recruiter says he can't submit my packet until I do the PFT stuff, but I can't do PFT without medical clearance. Is this true? Do I have to have PFT done before I can submit?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
^--- Unlucky, I'm sure one of the Marine guys would let you know. I'm assuming you're Marine since you said PFT? Or do you mean the PRT which is for the Navy...and no you do not have to submit with PRT scores.

This thread is for the Navy Officer Candidate School option.

Also, anybody up for the January boards that haven't done so.... post your stats in this thread or the Stats/Scores thread.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.