• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
you can look up the pay grade chart on the navy website for officers and enlisted to give you an idea of what pay will look like while at OCS.

swerdna

None
Contributor
Does anyone know how we get paid while we're at OCS? Do we get paid after we complete OCS, or can we have it direct deposited into our bank account? Just wondering because I have bills to pay. Also, does the military pay any part of the expense of traveling to OCS?

Military pays on the 1st and 15th of every month.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Okay, that's good. Does anyone know how often we will be running? Are we going to have to run in boots much?

motorhead

Most people are not going to MEPS and then to a flight doctor. Some people just do it for personal reasons so they don't go to OCS to find out they are NPQ.

It is standard to go to NAMI at Pensacola for the flight physical.

I went to MEPS but I have had no military flight physical except for my medicals for my private pilot's license...and those don't count of course.

Don't sweat it, unless of course you feel you may have a problem. Thousands of would-be aviators before you have gone through the same process as I will go through.

Is seeing a flight doctor prior to OCS something you can request?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Not sure, I'm going to have to surrender the floor to someone with worse genetics than I. :D

Really though, I think you can just set that up with your OR. Not sure if it is on your own dime or not.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I don't think you're going to get to go out in town THAT much. Also, do they even have those kind of clubs out there, baller?;)

I'm going to have a wad in my right pocket. Also, there are ALWAYS clubs like that "out there"...I didn't say anything about the quality though. :icon_tong I'm sure some places, a baby fast ropes down the umbilical cord and snatches your dollar.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Congrats sooner, hope it's balmy weather up there soon - nothing like pushups in the snow, lol...

And about the cash and clubs.....I've heard there's a gaggle of women waiting in the wings up there for the right young Navy stud to take them out of Newport - no info on the quality of those, either.

DFSpence

Just heard from my OR, I got the Mar. 15th date. However, due to family issues I asked him if it would be possible to get a later date like April or May. We'll see what he says. I'm very excited nonetheless! :D:D

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Just heard from my OR, I got the Mar. 15th date. However, due to family issues I asked him if it would be possible to get a later date like April or May. We'll see what he says. I'm very excited nonetheless! :D:D

Should just take the date. The sooner you get into the suckiness, the quicker it's over. Plus when you arrive in April or May..you'll be constantly thinking
"Man I would be getting commissioned next month."

That being said, do what you have to do. Congrats none the less.

You all will more than likely be able to enjoy a nice and muddy environment as all this snow we got over here on the east coast melts away.....I'm jealous though cause i'm still waiting on a pro-rec...have fun

DFSpence

Should just take the date. The sooner you get into the suckiness, the quicker it's over. Plus when you arrive in April or May..you'll be constantly thinking
"Man I would be getting commissioned next month."

That being said, do what you have to do. Congrats none the less.

I can't wait to get started. I was ready to go months ago, its just that it would be much easier on my family if I could wait until May. I talked to the OR and he said he would look into it. He didn't sound too excited though.

If I do end up going on the 15th, I'd be more than happy to pick up a navigator somewhere between Texas and RI, if anyone needs a ride.

Charity

Final Select SNA
I can't wait to get started. I was ready to go months ago, its just that it would be much easier on my family if I could wait until May. I talked to the OR and he said he would look into it. He didn't sound too excited though.

If I do end up going on the 15th, I'd be more than happy to pick up a navigator somewhere between Texas and RI, if anyone needs a ride.

He didn't sound happy? I've been trying to get a later OCS date as well. I'm pushing for April 5. If I end up with the same OCS date as someone else around me I'm definitely up for a ride. Will help with gas expenses or whatever, but I really need a ride.

DFSpence

He didn't sound happy? I've been trying to get a later OCS date as well. I'm pushing for April 5. If I end up with the same OCS date as someone else around me I'm definitely up for a ride. Will help with gas expenses or whatever, but I really need a ride.

He just didn't sound happy to have to get back on the phone again. Call him tomorrow and try to get in March 15th, then you've got a ride for sure.