• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 09 Boards

Leviticus

pro-rec SNA
Having never heard of it, my guess is that it doesn't happen to everyone; but, maybe it does. I'm sure that if I were supposed to hear something, my recruiter would have told me to expect it. I asked about it today and didn't seem to know much about it.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Maybe it's just me, all this stupid crap keeps happening to me; although, I am the only non prior I've seen on here with an OCS date. Not that it matters, I've already told them I'm not going NFO unless I'm completely not qualified for pilot. There was a measurement error and I'm not going down like that. They told me I have to drive to Pensacola to be measured and I almost hit the floor. Didn't know whether I should laugh or be pissed. They're trying to arrange for me to get it done in Dallas. It sounds silly to me to have to drive to Dallas to be measured but it is completely unreasonable to drive to Pcola. I'm getting a flight physical Friday in Corpus and from what I understand, they will measure me there, but that doesn't count because now I have to be measured with a machine...even though it was an error of about 2.5 inches, which is fairly significant. So, now when I meet with the secret agent I'm going to find out some shit like my identity has been mixed up with some serial killer and I'm automatically DQd.

Charity

Final Select SNA
Turtl3 said:
So did your recruiter screw up the measurements or boss? Have you had someone else measure you again?

I think my recruiter messed up, I've measured myself over and over again and there's no way my upper body is that short. I'm getting at least 34 inches. Will they measure me at the flight physical? If so, I'll find out for sure when I get there. Too bad it won't be good enough to qualify me and I will still have to be measured by a machine.

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
words.......So, now when I meet with the secret agent I'm going to find out some shit like my identity has been mixed up with some serial killer and I'm automatically DQd.

I don't know, with a name like Charity, people wouldn't see the whole serial killer thing coming. It's the perfect cover;)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well guys...shit just got real for me. I have a March 15th OCS date and I swear in on the 9th. I hope some of you are in my class.

The feeling is............excitement, but now it's kinda bittersweet because it's like "Wow, okay this is real now." Talk about a short notice though.

You guys will see what I mean soon enough. :)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Thanks guys, I'm now going to double up and do two-a-days on my PT until maybe a day or two before I leave and then just do nothing..to be rested for the suck that will be coming.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Oh another thing..for those waiting. There will be an investigation on you. You don't "get" your security clearance before you go to OCS..it's just the beginning of the process.

When your clearance becomes relevant is when you are out of flight school and are at the RAG/FRS. Basically when you are learning to fly whatever aircraft you will be flying as a Naval Aviator..where you will actually be learning classified material.

So fear not...the investigators will be coming after you either now or after OCS. :)

Point is, you can get orders to OCS and final select before you even talk to anybody. Just like what happened to me.

nebekerb

Final Select SNA
Contributor
Congrats sooner! To add to what you were saying, I don't remember being contacted by anyone for my security clearance when I used to be in the Marines. I only found out that I had it after I got to the fleet. Top Secret clearances are another story altogether.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Congrats sooner! To add to what you were saying, I don't remember being contacted by anyone for my security clearance when I used to be in the Marines. I only found out that I had it after I got to the fleet. Top Secret clearances are another story altogether.

Yeah, from talking to a couple of my friends already in the fleet..and my recruiter. I think when we send our stuff in for a clearance, it is to start the process for our TS. The interviews people experience and what not..is just the prelim process.