• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Nov 20

zarevich

I agree with sentiment, I'm a little more anxious due to the fact I'm set to PCS in February.
Not sure how much this will affect you on the board, but this is what I read from 1420 chapter 4.g:
"Applicants shall not be authorized to submit an application to OCS or Officer Development School (ODS) if within 3 months of transfer or separation". You applied a little over 3 months but if results come out in January that will be a month before your PCS, will they just cut your orders and extend you until your school date?

Takami86

Not sure how much this will affect you on the board, but this is what I read from 1420 chapter 4.g:
"Applicants shall not be authorized to submit an application to OCS or Officer Development School (ODS) if within 3 months of transfer or separation". You applied a little over 3 months but if results come out in January that will be a month before your PCS, will they just cut your orders and extend you until your school date?

Yes, exactly, right now I have my orders "held in obeyance" as describribed by the 1420. Still If I'm not selected then I need to turn around and transfer real shortly after. Its just going to be a tight time line all together, but we will see!

Marcus_Aurelius

Greetings from the 2NOV2020 SNA/NFO selection board! I'm wishing all of you the best of luck!

We just got our results back and I'm starting to reach out to all of those who have the same OCS date as me because I've created a shared Google Drive for us to use for studying and I've created a GroupMe to communicate with everyone who has the same OCS date.

Whenever you guys get your results, if you have an OCS date of 26 SEP 2021, reach out to me and I will include you in the Google Drive and GroupMe.

Once again, good luck!

Triumph_MAC

Good evening everyone,
I was on this board as well.
AD E6
M.S. Exercise Science 3.81 gpa
B.S. General Science 3.76 gpa
OAR: 45 (approved waiver but not good)
LOR: O6 (XO) O6 (DIR) O5 (Deputy Dir) O3 (DH)

Good luck to everyone

Takami86

Good evening everyone,
AD E6

Good luck to everyone

Glad to see another person who's not a traditional rate for this program! What designator did you apply for?

BasketballisLife

Good evening everyone,
AD E6

Good luck to everyone
From my understanding, the OAR isn't really a big deal with IWC. What matters is your GPA and degree. An officer recruiter on here stated that for IWC, the OAR is essentially just a "ticket" to be seen by the board. It's not like pilot/NFO where they make decisions based on the ASTB/OAR. Your GPA's look strong in lieu of a non-stem degree.

Triumph_MAC

From my understanding, the OAR isn't really a big deal with IWC. What matters is your GPA and degree. An officer recruiter on here stated that for IWC, the OAR is essentially just a "ticket" to be seen by the board. It's not like pilot/NFO where they make decisions based on the ASTB/OAR. Your GPA's look strong in lieu of a non-stem degree.
Hopefully the non-stem doesn't affect the decision too much. Hopefully these results don't take near as long as the SNA/SNFO results.

BasketballisLife

Hopefully the non-stem doesn't affect the decision too much. Hopefully these results don't take near as long as the SNA/SNFO results.
Yeah, I saw you said 1830 above, so non-stem wouldn't really be a factor (although stem is usually preferred, but I've noticed many people picked up for 1830 with non-stems). Anything other than 1830 it would be though. You boast high GPA's which is a huge plus. I've been obsessively monitoring all the threads on airwarriors, checking bupers and MPTE even though results probably won't drop for several more weeks. I have never been so anxious. I'll try applying 1830 again if I don't make it this time around, and if all else fails I'll probably put in for SWO. I'm just glad I'm at a desk job and shore based for the next couple years. Good luck!

Triumph_MAC

I would remove OAR, but for the most part would say accurate order, given the stats of the average person selected I would say by the time they get to Intelligence Experience they have found most of the people to select.
I had 1830 as my third choice after SNA and SNFO. Do you think that will impact my chances? I heard that some designators won't entertain if it's not 1st or 2nd.

Triumph_MAC

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is staying safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Intel 1830
28y/o female
HM2/6 years AD
OAR: 55
BA Criminology (UTD) 3.82
MS Criminal Justice: Homeland Security (LU) 4.0
(Currently working on graduate certificate in Digital Forensics)
Appraisals: (2) O-6 1830, (1) O-4 1830, (1) O-4 1835
LOR: O-6 1830, Previous OIC O-6 Select, USMC O-3 I translated for during multiple exercises in Korea
Evals: MP, MP, EP, MP
DLPT: 3/3 Korean, 2 years interpreter experience with 3d MLG
3 NAMs, 4 FLOCS

This will be my first time applying. Best of luck to everyone!
Happy to see another HM on the board. You have an impressive resume. I wish you the best and hopefully we'll be heading into the same community once again.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I had 1830 as my third choice after SNA and SNFO. Do you think that will impact my chances? I heard that some designators won't entertain if it's not 1st or 2nd.
I can't say definitively if it will or won't hurt your chances, but I believe your motivations and qualifications for each program are more important.

The converse of your worry is a viewpoint shared by many other officers I know: applicants should want to commission as a Naval Officer above all else.

My recommendation: don't worry too much about applying to different programs; it gets you looked at by more boards and can only increase your chances of getting a commission.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Yeah, I saw you said 1830 above, so non-stem wouldn't really be a factor (although stem is usually preferred, but I've noticed many people picked up for 1830 with non-stems). Anything other than 1830 it would be though.

1810 is the more STEM-centric of the two designators. It's generally a good idea to have some sort of education or experience related to your desired job. The same logic applies here, e.g., intelligence or foreign policy degree or background.

Note that this is not true all of the time though. As an example, I know of an IS that had a wealth of fleet experience, as well as a Bachelor's and Master's in Strategic Intelligence, yet she was selected for a designator other than 1830 (her first choice). Without direct insight from those who sit the board, it's difficult to make sense of these situations. Most of the time it's a matter of the designator's overall needs and the slots available for a given accession source, e.g., OCS.