• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board MARCH-01-21

It’s explained on the NPC website under the “frequent Q&A” documents. I will send you the document that explains it when I get to the office. & I BELIEVE I read that you still go to OCS for the next board. Again I’ll send it to you in a bit

exNavyOffRec

Oh... you’re an Alternate Selectee-if Medically qualified from what I’m reading... if one of the Selectees drops out, you will take there spot.

He needs to check with Paul, OCS boards don't do alternate selections given how the boards work, they always over select so that if people drop out there are always people who were selected to move in.

The sheet will come out and say Y or N, that is what is official as it is signed.

N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested. Y – Professionally recommended. There is no further action is required on the member’s part. This is not a select at this point. There are two Yes votes required to be final selected. One vote comes from the community boards (which the Y represents). Next, Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) will now send your medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC for commissioning standards. Once Physically Qualified (PQ) letter is issued we will forward your recommendation to the director of OCS Accessions here at NRC for final review and final vote. If final vote, this is the second vote, is given for selection than your command will be notified via email form the OCS desk here at NRC with Select letter, OCS class date and Service Agreement for the designator that you were final selected for. ALT – ALTERNATE SELECTEE
Bro... I just checked mine... what is your status???
Under all that verbiage there is a status Y, N or A???

exNavyOffRec

Bro... I just checked mine... what is your status???
Under all that verbiage there is a status Y, N or A???
I really wish BUPERS would change that wording, for instance medical is reviewed before the board now, and they aren't votes. There are so many things in the USN that people end up changing that don't need fixing, and yet something that does need fixing isn't.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Just got my OR changed up on me. New OR still doesn't see anything from Intel coming out.

He says that OCS is bottle-necked from Covid and that he still have Pro-Recs from October 2020 waiting for OCS dates. Don't know how much of this is the truth and how much is OR-jargon for "I can't give you an answer, so I'll shift blame".

We'll see. I'm getting real tempted to just accept SWO and push for July 4 class.

exNavyOffRec

Just got my OR changed up on me. New OR still doesn't see anything from Intel coming out.

He says that OCS is bottle-necked from Covid and that he still have Pro-Recs from October 2020 waiting for OCS dates. Don't know how much of this is the truth and how much is OR-jargon for "I can't give you an answer, so I'll shift blame".

We'll see. I'm getting real tempted to just accept SWO and push for July 4 class.

He probably does have people waiting, but his answer is incomplete and with limited data, a better answer would have been if he said he has people waiting to go to OCS for XXX from boards held XXX.

Overall I would say his answer is reasonable.

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
He probably does have people waiting, but his answer is incomplete and with limited data, a better answer would have been if he said he has people waiting to go to OCS for XXX from boards held XXX.

Overall I would say his answer is reasonable.
I did have a question for you.

He sent me a Pro-Rec DEP Management document and a Hold Harmless document without any real information about what they are. And he hasn't responded to my questions. Would you know?

The Pro-Rec talks about physical fitness requirements and has questions about commission onboarding. The Hold Harmless is something about an initial fitness assessment.

exNavyOffRec

He sent me a Pro-Rec DEP Management document and a Hold Harmless document without any real information about what they are. And he hasn't responded to my questions. Would you know?

The Pro-Rec talks about physical fitness requirements and has questions about commission onboarding. The Hold Harmless is something about an initial fitness assessment.

the "DEP" book has info to learn, the hold harmless is so if they do any PT on you and you get injured you can't sue.

subreservist

This is new program for those selected to Officer programs.

To summarize, there has been an increase in folks not being prepared for the physical challenges of OCS and attrite almost immediately upon arrival.

The Navy is trying to mitigate by conducting practice fitness tests and making more periodic checks on height/weight measurements.

The Hold harmless is just as it reads - to protect you and the Navy in the event of “x” occurring.

The enlisted ranks have always been part of a management program while awaiting shipping to boot camp. It has now expanded to Officer side.

exNavyOffRec

This is new program for those selected to Officer programs.

To summarize, there has been an increase in folks not being prepared for the physical challenges of OCS and attrite almost immediately upon arrival.

The Navy is trying to mitigate by conducting practice fitness tests and making more periodic checks on height/weight measurements.

The Hold harmless is just as it reads - to protect you and the Navy in the event of “x” occurring.

The enlisted ranks have always been part of a management program while awaiting shipping to boot camp. It has now expanded to Officer side.
We had officer DEP books back in 2009, it was basically what the enlisted DEP had but geared toward officers, we had boxes of them I found in storage as no one was giving them out, I also found many items dated from when I joined the USN through that NRD like 20 years earlier, we pulled those books out and started handing them out.

There was also the practice PRT's we did along with HT/WT checks, that was until NRC said "stop" on the PRT for those not in collegiate program, and it wasn't just a "you shouldn't do the PRT" it was "you have them do it you will go to mast". It was then we started seeing more issues with people showing up at OCS unable to perform.

It is good they are bringing it back.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
We had officer DEP books back in 2009, it was basically what the enlisted DEP had but geared toward officers, we had boxes of them I found in storage as no one was giving them out, I also found many items dated from when I joined the USN through that NRD like 20 years earlier, we pulled those books out and started handing them out.

There was also the practice PRT's we did along with HT/WT checks, that was until NRC said "stop" on the PRT for those not in collegiate program, and it wasn't just a "you shouldn't do the PRT" it was "you have them do it you will go to mast". It was then we started seeing more issues with people showing up at OCS unable to perform.

It is good they are bringing it back.
I won't have to do that since I'm still required to PT will I?

One of the issues I'm having is swapping the general orders to include POs rather than just NCOs lol.