• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board MARCH-01-21

I’d really like to snag a spot in the July 4 OCS class for SWO if I’m not selected.
I was hoping to get something in July as well but, unfortunately, my department is trying to make a point of keeping me until November because there is a like 4-day exercise in October and they don't want to lose a watchstander.

I never realized I was so integral to the department's smooth day to day function.

exNavyOffRec

@exNavyOffRec, can you provide some insight? I was told that since my app is still processing and not "rejected" or prorec N that it is a good sign so far. Do the rejected apps tend to come back faster, or will they all come back at the same time?
In the system you would often see the Pro Y's first, there were people who would get notified of a Pro N and not have anything in the system for weeks, so in a weird way since there are no results your theory is still good.

exNavyOffRec

I was hoping to get something in July as well but, unfortunately, my department is trying to make a point of keeping me until November because there is a like 4-day exercise in October and they don't want to lose a watchstander.

I never realized I was so integral to the department's smooth day to day function.

I hear stuff like that and I wonder is a department like that prepared for the unexpected? A person may leave work one day and not come in the next due to a variety of reasons, it could be a short time away or it could be a long term thing. One person I was stationed with was notified in the late evening of a family issue and was on the 7 am COD off the ship, almost no one knew he was gone until hours after he flew off. I myself went home one night and due to a car accident didn't go back to the ship for 3 days.

They may not want to let you go, but what happens if right before the exercise you need to go on emergency leave, what do they do then?

I hear stuff like that and I wonder is a department like that prepared for the unexpected? A person may leave work one day and not come in the next due to a variety of reasons, it could be a short time away or it could be a long term thing. One person I was stationed with was notified in the late evening of a family issue and was on the 7 am COD off the ship, almost no one knew he was gone until hours after he flew off. I myself went home one night and due to a car accident didn't go back to the ship for 3 days.

They may not want to let you go, but what happens if right before the exercise you need to go on emergency leave, what do they do then?
Don't get me wrong, the department is more than capable of performing in case of emergency. They just want me to stay because some people get disgusted by the fact that they might have to actually stand a watch if I leave. Can't ruin peoples' comfort levels ya know.

Oh well, I got the ticket to Newport so the rest will come in time.

exNavyOffRec

Don't get me wrong, the department is more than capable of performing in case of emergency. They just want me to stay because some people get disgusted by the fact that they might have to actually stand a watch if I leave. Can't ruin peoples' comfort levels ya know.

Oh well, I got the ticket to Newport so the rest will come in time.

OK, now that I completely understand LOL

exNavyOffRec

I just don't wanna wait that long. I got my SWO PROREC Y at the beginning of March, I feel like leaving in November is a pretty long delay

I appreciate the fact that you think November is a long delay, time is going too fast for me, so thanks from trying to slow it down :D

Chrdavis

N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested. Y – Professionally recommended. There is no further action is required on the member’s part. This is not a select at this point. There are two Yes votes required to be final selected. One vote comes from the community boards (which the Y represents). Next, Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) will now send your medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC for commissioning standards. Once Physically Qualified (PQ) letter is issued we will forward your recommendation to the director of OCS Accessions here at NRC for final review and final vote. If final vote, this is the second vote, is given for selection than your command will be notified via email form the OCS desk here at NRC with Select letter, OCS class date and Service Agreement for the designator that you were final selected for. ALT – ALTERNATE SELECTEE

Chrdavis

what does this mean
N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested. Y – Professionally recommended. There is no further action is required on the member’s part. This is not a select at this point. There are two Yes votes required to be final selected. One vote comes from the community boards (which the Y represents). Next, Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) will now send your medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC for commissioning standards. Once Physically Qualified (PQ) letter is issued we will forward your recommendation to the director of OCS Accessions here at NRC for final review and final vote. If final vote, this is the second vote, is given for selection than your command will be notified via email form the OCS desk here at NRC with Select letter, OCS class date and Service Agreement for the designator that you were final selected for. ALT – ALTERNATE SELECTEE
what does this mean???