• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board Canceled, but package was already recieved.

EM123

I applied for the September IWC board, my package was received and I was "medically cleared" to participate in the board. The board however, was subsequently cancelled and pushed to the already scheduled date of 04DEC2019 with a package due date of 18OCT2019. By that time I will have a new EVAL, updated PRIMS, and many of my medical dates will be over the 90 day limit as annotated on the OCS checklist. I called the OCS questions number and a retired chief answered and said "an eval wont make or break you, they're either gonna pick you or they wont, so just leave the package as is and wait for the results" I have had other officers tell me to resubmit my package with my updated information and not give them a reason to look poorly on my package if I don't have my most recent EVAL. I was just wondering if anybody here has had a similar situation happen and what they did? I have been medically cleared so I feel like it will be OK if I don't re-do the medical portion (which would be rough scheduling all those appointments again), but I don't know about the most recent EVAL and PRT score. There is a chance they will just look at the package as if it were still the September board and not worry about any of the dates, I just don't want to leave anything to chance. Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I applied for the September IWC board, my package was received and I was "medically cleared" to participate in the board. The board however, was subsequently cancelled and pushed to the already scheduled date of 04DEC2019 with a package due date of 18OCT2019. By that time I will have a new EVAL, updated PRIMS, and many of my medical dates will be over the 90 day limit as annotated on the OCS checklist. I called the OCS questions number and a retired chief answered and said "an eval wont make or break you, they're either gonna pick you or they wont, so just leave the package as is and wait for the results" I have had other officers tell me to resubmit my package with my updated information and not give them a reason to look poorly on my package if I don't have my most recent EVAL. I was just wondering if anybody here has had a similar situation happen and what they did? I have been medically cleared so I feel like it will be OK if I don't re-do the medical portion (which would be rough scheduling all those appointments again), but I don't know about the most recent EVAL and PRT score. There is a chance they will just look at the package as if it were still the September board and not worry about any of the dates, I just don't want to leave anything to chance. Thanks!

You can’t pull a package to update information.

exNavyOffRec

you cannot resubmit without having your application rejected, and the processor is right, an eval won't make or break you unless it has a bunch of negative stuff. What matters most is your degree and GPA, before reservist had to do the fleet checklist I had a reservist picked up Supply (10% selection rate) who had 2 P evals and 1 MP eval, but he had a really good GPA (3.5ish)

BroskiOCS

I ran into this same question for my package a couple months ago. For the medical portion, you are good. Once you are deemed physically qualified then NRC medical dept should issue a memo saying you are good for 2 years I believe. The fleet processor should have attached that PQ letter when he emailed you to say you're cleared. So long as you don't have any new broken bones or anything in the meantime you'll be good. As far as evals, PRIMS, awards, etc....you can always send them in individually to add to your package. I got found NPQ after I turned my whole package in then redid my commissioning physical 6 months later and was found PQ. NRC still had my package from 6 months prior. I was worried about things being outdated as well but the fleet processor just told me to send him any additional documents that he could add to my package. Essentially everything you ever send to NRC will be shoved into your package and stay there until the board.

exNavyOffRec

I ran into this same question for my package a couple months ago. For the medical portion, you are good. Once you are deemed physically qualified then NRC medical dept should issue a memo saying you are good for 2 years I believe. The fleet processor should have attached that PQ letter when he emailed you to say you're cleared. So long as you don't have any new broken bones or anything in the meantime you'll be good. As far as evals, PRIMS, awards, etc....you can always send them in individually to add to your package. I got found NPQ after I turned my whole package in then redid my commissioning physical 6 months later and was found PQ. NRC still had my package from 6 months prior. I was worried about things being outdated as well but the fleet processor just told me to send him any additional documents that he could add to my package. Essentially everything you ever send to NRC will be shoved into your package and stay there until the board.

They are not supposed to do that, once it has been seen by the program manager it is essentially locked down, if it had not been reviewed by the PM the NRC processor hooked you up, but if they have lots of work to do they can't spend time doing that.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They are not supposed to do that, once it has been seen by the program manager it is essentially locked down, if it had not been reviewed by the PM the NRC processor hooked you up, but if they have lots of work to do they can't spend time doing that.

I think because he was NPQ at the time package wasn't ever fully "submitted", but agree with everything else.

BroskiOCS

Oh damn. I stand corrected. Well guess it doesnt make a difference. I never submitted any additional PFA cycles so by the time my package went to the board the last PFA they had documented was like a year old. But then again....they had my NPQ letter as well as my PQ letter 6 months later so it was obvious as to why my stuff was outdated.

exNavyOffRec

I think because he was NPQ at the time package wasn't ever fully "submitted", but agree with everything else.
Excellent point that I missed, if the applicant was NPQ then the application wouldn't be actually submitted and items could be added as the fleet processor is essentially the first point of contact for fleet applicants.