• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 28JUN21

Bigg

Pro Rec IP
With the board being FY21/22, most of us expected higher selection rates. Only 9 of 55 were selected for intel.
Even though it might sound like a small number of people, 9/55 is still 16%. Those aren't impossible odds like I've seen for some enlisted rates in the Navy in regard to advancement.

That is unfortunate nonetheless that y'all went through that. Hopefully it doesn't carry over to this board.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
We were (falsley) under the assumption they would fill the fy21 slots so I expected closer to 15. There were also a ton of apps that didn't make it, but that isn't specific to IWC.

gdubs21

My recruiter says there were a lot of packages that weren't looked at for the previous boards, so a package like mine that was submitted recently will probably not be looked at for this board and will just get bumped to the next one. Has anyone heard similar? If I don't make the at-board list for IWC 28Jun21 I hope to make the SWO board list in August.

NevarYalnal

My recruiter says there were a lot of packages that weren't looked at for the previous boards, so a package like mine that was submitted recently will probably not be looked at for this board and will just get bumped to the next one. Has anyone heard similar? If I don't make the at-board list for IWC 28Jun21 I hope to make the SWO board list in August.
well that's been happening for the last several aviation boards so it wouldn't be surprising if that were the case for other communities as well.

gdubs21

well that's been happening for the last several aviation boards so it wouldn't be surprising if that were the case for other communities as well.
I wonder if it's an increased volume of applicants, no need to fill quotas (lower attrition rate due to pandemic?), or both? Speculation doesn't change anything, but figured I'd gather info as I enter the long wait

NevarYalnal

I wonder if it's an increased volume of applicants, no need to fill quotas (lower attrition rate due to pandemic?), or both? Speculation doesn't change anything, but figured I'd gather info as I enter the long wait
well the pandemic forced OCS to go with reduced class sizes for a while so that's what started the delay in between people getting pro-rec'd and classing up. aviation is especially painful because they have further delays in the flight training pipeline so you have SNAs still waiting to attend OCS from Aug 2020 board. thankfully it's not as bad for the other communities.

At least the Navy hasn't been cancelling boards; the AF has been cancelling them left and right.

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
well the pandemic forced OCS to go with reduced class sizes for a while so that's what started the delay in between people getting pro-rec'd and classing up. aviation is especially painful because they have further delays in the flight training pipeline so you have SNAs still waiting to attend OCS from Aug 2020 board. thankfully it's not as bad for the other communities.

At least the Navy hasn't been cancelling boards; the AF has been cancelling them left and right.
Yeah, I've been following their stuff too. So crappy. Y local AF recruiter would sign a DD368