• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 28JUN21

exNavyOffRec

I see. I’ll go ahead and figure out which one I want as #1. Is there anything you would suggest I could do to improve my package? Thanks for the info.
Intel is difficult to get into for anyone, now you have a GPA that is right in the ballpark so that is good, you also should have good chance for SWO, I would be surprised if you weren't picked up for at least SWO.

gdubs21

Intel is difficult to get into for anyone, now you have a GPA that is right in the ballpark so that is good, you also should have good chance for SWO, I would be surprised if you weren't picked up for at least SWO.

Thank you, that's encouraging info. I'll keep running down my package materials and hope for the best. Glad I finally posted to this forum

edt21

Looking to get into the IWC as an officer
I've been lurking and thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring for some feedback. Still waiting to hear back from a recruiter about the next steps. I graduate this June from college and really hoping to get onto this board if possible.

CWO (1st), Intel (2nd), IP (3rd)
-------
Stats
-------
Sex: Male
GPA: 3.1
Education: B.A. in Computer Science from Dartmouth College
Prior service: 4 years in the USN, got out as an STG2(SW), I can't remember what my evals were verbatim, but I think it was a P (eval when I got to my ship) and then 2 EPs.
OAR: Work in progress
LORs: Work in progress (Hoping to get 3 LORs or more if i need to: 1 from a retired Airforce pilot 0-4 who is also my mentor/professor, my dean, and my prior LPO. Could also get a few more from other officers but all the officers I know are SWO's)
Appraisal: Work in progress
Miscellaneous: VP of sponsorship for school hackathon group (2 years), Product Manager at Digital agency lab on-campus (2 years), Product Management co-op at a publically traded tech company (7 months), Chief Product Officer of a Startup (2 years), Co-founder of a startup (1 year), Lead Cybersecurity Researcher @ Cyberlab on campus where we coded a platform to monitor and protect the national grid in conjunction with the Army National Gaurd (1 year), Software Engineer intern for the Library of Congress (3 months).

My guess is my OAR needs to be competitive in order to even be considered for any of these positions. At the end of the day, I told myself I really just want to be an officer and would even consider SWO if I had to but really want to do something tech-related since that's what I've studied and felt comfortable working in (really don't want to go back to a smallboy unless it was my last option). I was also thinking of going for CWE as my software background is extensive and I've spent a lot of time prepping for coding interviews in the past. If there is any other information needed to determine if I might be a good fit let me know!

Last edited:

eahmed4

Haven't officially heard from the March Board yet but I am already looking towards this board because I am feeling like chances are slim anyways. Will add CWO and IP to my choices as well since I am not eligible for Supply.
GPA: 3.38
Major: Political Science
OAR:52
LORS: O-3 USAF, O-5 USAF, O-1 USAF, High school guidance counselor

edt21

Got told by my OR that they aren't accepting any new packages for this board because they still have packages to review that didn’t get looked at from the March board.

EDIT: Got word that there is an IWC board in NOV with packages needing to be submitted by late September. Good luck to everyone on this board!

Last edited:

lsatfiend

Got told by my OR that they aren't accepting any new packages for this board because they still have packages to review that didn’t get looked at from the March board.

EDIT: Got word that there is an IWC board in NOV with packages needing to be submitted by late September. Good luck to everyone on this board!

My OR said he hasn't heard anything along these lines. Maybe it's because my packet had started a while ago, so it's not considered 'new'? Either way hope this isn't true.

edt21

My OR said he hasn't heard anything along these lines. Maybe it's because my packet had started a while ago, so it's not considered 'new'? Either way hope this isn't true.

I think you're fine. I kinda started my process about 3 weeks ago and still haven't even done meps + I just scheduled my OAR. I'm still going to see if I can get on this board tho hopefully. I'd rather get told no on this one and then try again on the next one after polishing more.

lsatfiend

I think you're fine. I kinda started my process about 3 weeks ago and still haven't even done meps + I just scheduled my OAR. I'm still going to see if I can get on this board tho hopefully. I'd rather get told no on this one and then try again on the next one after polishing more.

Ahh, that's a relief. Yeah hope you're able to get on this one too, good luck with the OAR!

BusterHighMan

hi just checking in as well

GPA: 3.35
Major: BS Industrial Engineering
OAR: 61
LORS: Current Employer (i didn't know more could be submitted)
Waivers: 2 (for my eyes since i had lasik) approved

CW (1st) IP (2nd)

Bigg

Pro Rec IP

I would hazard a guess that this is the primary reason your OR told you what they told you. MEPS can be a bear to get through, even more so as a civilian. Perhaps they don't want to cut it close, as this board's application submission date is 21MAY21.

huston84

Hello all. Hoping to jump on this board if I get no from AMDO before the cutoff date. Prior service Marine. Been out a while.
Education: BA Political Science BA Philosophy. MS Kinesiology
GPA: 3.8
OAR: 56
LORs: E7 retired, two from civilian supervisors
Misc: Prior Marine E5. Currently teaching high school AP Gov, AP Marcoecon and coaching

Michael_J_Caboose

Squadron N2/N6
Howdy y’all I think this is the board I’m submitting for as well I heard back from the recruiter and my board date is 21May or at least the deadline for my package... Crypto, Cyberwarfare and Intelligence Officer which I’m assuming are the breakouts in the excel spread sheet but my stats are as follows:

Intel(#1) Cyber Warfare (#2) Crypto (#3)
Evaluations: 4, 4, 4, 5
Education: B.A. Intelligence Studies-Concentration Cyber
GPA: TBD Cumulative 3.0-3.2 Current university is a 3.8 but will drop with cumulative
OAR: TBD
Waivers: N/A

I’m currently an E-6 in the Air Force as a Target Digital Network Analyst and previously I was a Cyber Operator
How long have you been in? If it is more than 72 months, you arent eligible for CW. Im in the same boat, I was a CNEA and linguist, but have too much time to be CW.

edt21

I would hazard a guess that this is the primary reason your OR told you what they told you. MEPS can be a bear to get through, even more so as a civilian. Perhaps they don't want to cut it close, as this board's application submission date is 21MAY21.
Yup, confirmed with my recruiter this was the sole reason. There might be a slight chance I get on this board so I'm hoping and praying!

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Here's my stats, good luck to everyone!

Intel(#1) SWO (#2)
Sex: Female
Education: B.A. in International Business (3 calculus courses), J.D. (Law Degree)
GPA: 3.55
OAR: 58
Waivers: None.
Good luck, fellow JD! We have very similar stats, minus the fact you're a good bit younger than I am and have a better GPA than I did. You also have a similar background to my JD/MBA. You just need the M before that BA to catch up! lol

I was Intel #1/SWO#2, as well. At the very least, I can tell you that you're a super strong candidate for SWO if Intel doesn't pick you up!

thebirdlawyer

Pro Rec Y Intel - OCS Sept. 5
Good luck, fellow JD! We have very similar stats, minus the fact you're a good bit younger than I am and have a better GPA than I did. You also have a similar background to my JD/MBA. You just need the M before that BA to catch up! lol

I was Intel #1/SWO#2, as well. At the very least, I can tell you that you're a super strong candidate for SWO if Intel doesn't pick you up!

Thanks! I was disappointed I got pushed to the next SWO board and couldn't be on April's but hopefully I'll get good news from this Intel board