• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

NCCGT

Hey everyone, so am I gathering that the board date is now 30MAR2020? Also, does anyone have any information on the previous cycle selection rates? Appreciate it.
All I know is generally there are fewer applicants and it's hard to tell how many since many apply to 2 or 3 of the IWC designators so it's hard to know how many duplicates are in the applicant totals for each individual designator. Also know it's much more selective than SWO. So all we can do is wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't find out until the first week of May or later.

Ancalagon

SWO Board just had 99 selected and 250+ rejected this week. That's devastating—roughly a 30% selection rate, if gouge is accurate. I wonder if the low selection rate is related to the reason for our postponed board.

EO87

I was one of those rejected. One thing that could work in our favor is that I was told, again take this with a grain of salt, that the upcoming boards will be selections for the FY-21 Quotas. Those typically have a higher selection rate. I'm not sure how true that is, just gouge I was given from an OR. Wish everyone luck.

Ancalagon

I was one of those rejected. One thing that could work in our favor is that I was told, again take this with a grain of salt, that the upcoming boards will be selections for the FY-21 Quotas. Those typically have a higher selection rate. I'm not sure how true that is, just gouge I was given from an OR. Wish everyone luck.
Sorry to hear that. Stay positive about IWC! Every board is different, as we have seen demonstrated

EO87

It's ok. I know what I need to fix. I'm actually going to apply for the next SWO board and just remove my package from consideration if I'm selected for IWC. This is a dream for alot of us in here so gotta keep the optimism and determination to go for it.

exNavyOffRec

not accurate at all, the reason they put FY20/FY21 is that depending on how many FY 20 spots they have filled they will put some in FY20 and some FY21, the numbers remain fairly steady from year to year and board to board.

TR_9124

I was selected for 1830 off the Decemer board and they selected 34 out of 191 applicants (10 from the fleet). I do remember seeing the projected quotas for FY20 being 15 fleet and 50 new accession, so I could see them doing this March board and potentially canceling the June and September board. We shall see. Good luck to everyone.

exNavyOffRec

I was selected for 1830 off the Decemer board and they selected 34 out of 191 applicants (10 from the fleet). I do remember seeing the projected quotas for FY20 being 15 fleet and 50 new accession, so I could see them doing this March board and potentially canceling the June and September board. We shall see. Good luck to everyone.

June and Sept boards would be FY 21, March would be FY 20/21 depending how many spots are left, however the question would be how many were selected on the boards prior to December that are commissioning in FY 20, that would really determine if March is only picking FY 21 or some FY 20 as well

sd16g

Anyone know when we will hear anything? I’m guessing 2-3 weeks/close to the end of the month?

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
Applying to this March board. (Stats below)

I know some have seen this question probably a hundred times on this forum, but is there a way for civilians to check to see if their application made it to the "at board" list? Got the PRO-REC Y for SNFO (2nd choice) last week and OR (who's pushing NFO) told me I was going to OCS soon without acknowledging Intel (1st choice). I told him I was still waiting for Intel results, since that designator is my top choice.

I'd rather be proactive than realize my package never made it. I don't know if I can PM someone my details to confirm or if I should call Millington. If someone advises me to rest easy, that's fine too.

Stats:
Male
OAR: 61
GPA: 3.95 (History/Int'l Relations) from T1 Ivy
LORs: SecDef, presidential national security adviser, Governor, 2 college professors
Work experience:
--Strategy Consultant for fighter program
--DoD in US Africa Command
--DC national security think tank
--DC strategic advisory firm focusing on defense clients