• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

sldm992

Ask your recruiter to check into it if not already. Exact wording I got today while I was finalizing my package was "Not sure if I informed you yet, we received word that the new submission deadline for intel fields will be 30-31 Jan." I'm also putting in for the SWO board as my third choice, though, so I guess it doesn't matter for me, still gotta submit this week.
Fair warning, I was told SWO board does not consider people who have it as their 3rd choice. This could be wrong so take it as you want, but that came from my recruiter who was told by his contacts in the SWO community

Ancalagon

Fair warning, I was told SWO board does not consider people who have it as their 3rd choice. This could be wrong so take it as you want, but that came from my recruiter who was told by his contacts in the SWO community

I saw someone say that in one of these threads, but I put it as my third choice because I genuinely am excited about SWO, it's just not my absolute first choice. I specifically mentioned all of my community choices in my motivational statement, including that I'd enjoy serving my entire career as a SWO.

I don't know how much stock to put in statements like "they won't pick you for SWO if you have it as your #3". Why even have a third slot on the form if every community is going to have a weird rule like that?

For better or for worse, we'll find out in a few weeks. :)

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
Got the word from my recruiter - the deadline was moved BACK to 31 Jan for active duty. He says its rare a deadline gets moved forward.

For the DCO folks the 14 FEB deadline should still be your target.

Ancalagon

Just heard from my recruiter. It's true! They told my recruiter that I can't put SWO down if it's not my #1 or #2, and he just relayed the news to me. So for right now, I am submitting to only the Crypto and Intel boards and will reevaluate if I do not get picked up this first time around.

I did get good news that my minor admin waiver was approved, and my package is set for clear sailing to the March 2nd IWC board. Apparently they even read my Motivational Statement to approve the waiver, which is great. I spent a lot of time writing and tweaking it. Full steam ahead!

sldm992

Just heard from my recruiter. It's true! They told my recruiter that I can't put SWO down if it's not my #1 or #2, and he just relayed the news to me. So for right now, I am submitting to only the Crypto and Intel boards and will reevaluate if I do not get picked up this first time around.

I did get good news that my minor admin waiver was approved, and my package is set for clear sailing to the March 2nd IWC board. Apparently they even read my Motivational Statement to approve the waiver, which is great. I spent a lot of time writing and tweaking it. Full steam ahead!
Good to know I'm not the only one being told that. my intel chances seem slim to none unfortunately so I am hoping SWO works out

exNavyOffRec

Just be aware that this waiver allows you to apply, it does not mean the board itself will accept the waiver, people often get confused on that.

Ancalagon

Looks like today/tomorrow was the new deadline for applying to the March 2nd IWC board. I'm surprised this thread isn't more active!

Who else is bouncing around here that applied for the IWC board?

NCCGT

Looks like today/tomorrow was the new deadline for applying to the March 2nd IWC board. I'm surprised this thread isn't more active!

Who else is bouncing around here that applied for the IWC board?

Submitted my stuff this morning. Got an email regarding my official OAR test score letter. Hoping that means it’ll make it through the entire chop chain by COB tomorrow

Camille

Good luck to those who submitted. Was finally able to submit after my reentry waiver was approved.

Former Army Arabic Linguist (DLI)
1 tour to Afghanistan
Female
OAR: 57
BS Biology w/minor in Arabic
GPA: 3.4
IA: Intel O-6 and CW O-4
References: GS-15 (former boss) and academic advisor

Fingers are crossed for Intel or CW!

NCCGT

Good luck to those who submitted. Was finally able to submit after my reentry waiver was approved.

Former Army Arabic Linguist (DLI)
1 tour to Afghanistan
Female
OAR: 57
BS Biology w/minor in Arabic
GPA: 3.4
IA: Intel O-6 and CW O-4
References: GS-15 (former boss) and academic advisor

Fingers are crossed for Intel or CW!

What year did you go to DLI?

Camille

I got there Dec 2009, classed up March 2010 and graduated March 2011
Nice. It’s likely we’ve seen each other around then.

As thrilled as I am to see other DLI grads submitting for a commission, you guys are making the competition tougher than I expected. Hopefully the Board wants a bunch of linguists.

exNavyOffRec

Nice. It’s likely we’ve seen each other around then.

As thrilled as I am to see other DLI grads submitting for a commission, you guys are making the competition tougher than I expected. Hopefully the Board wants a bunch of linguists.

With the exception of FAO's the USN doesn't use officers as linguist, none of the Intel or CW officers I put in spoke any amount of foreign language, or at least it wasn't on their application.

Your tech degree will help you out.

Camille

With the exception of FAO's the USN doesn't use officers as linguist, none of the Intel or CW officers I put in spoke any amount of foreign language, or at least it wasn't on their application.

Your tech degree will help you out.
I understand. I should have clarified and said “former linguists”. As much as I hope that a foreign language will make my package stronger, as it’s stated that is desired, I understand that it’s not necessary and there are many extremely qualified and competitive applicants without a foreign language. Yet with so much competition, I still hope that will be looked upon as a favorable attribute to the board.