• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
My recruiter just told me he checked the system and that he saw the board is scheduled for March 20th. He seemed pretty confident.

Did anyone else’s recruiter confirm?

A-Aron

My recruiter just told me he checked the system and that he saw the board is scheduled for March 20th. He seemed pretty confident.

Did anyone else’s recruiter confirm?

Every updated board schedule I've seen has said March 30th
There are 3 possible scenarios here:
  1. njdanby’s recruiter misread the current schedule’s March 30 as March 20.
  2. the recruiter misread the old schedule’s March 02 as March 20.
  3. the recruiter actually has a very new updated schedule where March 30 was changed to March 20.

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
  3. the recruiter actually has a very new updated schedule where March 30 was changed to March 20.
Haha, right on A-Aaron. I was thinking those same three options as well.

Hoping someone else can confirm if they’ve heard anything.

A-Aron

Haha, right on A-Aaron. I was thinking those same three options as well.

Hoping someone else can confirm if they’ve heard anything.
Hey njdanby, I’m also wondering what other recruiters have to say because so far:

When is the IWC board?

Recruiter 1: March 2
Recruiter 2: March 2
Recruiter 3: March 20
Everyone on this board: March 30

Ummmmm... what?

Griesyburger

Boards usually meet on a Monday. It doesn't make sense for it to be March 20

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
Hey njdanby, I’m also wondering what other recruiters have to say because so far:

When is the IWC board?

Recruiter 1: March 2
Recruiter 2: March 2
Recruiter 3: March 20
Everyone on this board: March 30

Ummmmm... what?
@RecruitingGuru or @NavyOffRec, any chance you could shed some light on these discrepancies regarding the correct IWC board date (originally scheduled for March 2nd)?

No worries, if not.

exNavyOffRec

@RecruitingGuru or @NavyOffRec, any chance you could shed some light on these discrepancies regarding the correct IWC board date (originally scheduled for March 2nd)?

No worries, if not.
Board dates are just estimates, the date can be changed for any reason, board members not available, waiting solid accession numbers, or the temperature was too cold on a Saturday, it can be changed for literally whatever reason they want

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
Board dates are just estimates, the date can be changed for any reason, board members not available, waiting solid accession numbers, or the temperature was too cold on a Saturday, it can be changed for literally whatever reason they want
Absolutely. Thank you! Wondering if you or others may have seen/know the most recently scheduled date, since many of our recruiters have offered different times (March 2nd, 20th, 30th, etc).

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

No worries, if not.

What @NavyOffRec stated, the schedule is meant to be a placeholder and subject to change to include being moved up, moved down or even cancelled. Very rarely are recruiters informed ahead of time and usually find out when the board actually convened when the overall selection list comes out.

The “will XX board meet on YY date?” question gets asked often and for most cases defer to the official CNRC board schedule for the answer.

TR_9124

First of all, I just wanted to congratulate you on the selection, IS1!

Do you know if the navy released a breakdown of how many from each designator (CW/Intel/IP/Oceano) were selected off of the December board? Also, is the 34/191 referring only to 1830s or all of the IWC designators combined?

@A-Aron 191 was only for the 1830 designator...the other designators there were a lot less. I believe the next largest board was for 1810 and 50ish sounds about right and then the rest were relatively small 15-45 applicants

sd16g

@A-Aron 191 was only for the 1830 designator...the other designators there were a lot less. I believe the next largest board was for 1810 and 50ish sounds about right and then the rest were relatively small 15-45 applicants
Out of those 50ish 1810’s do you know roughly how many were selected?

Also it looks like we have no definite answer on the board date:( my OR said nothing of it being pushed back from 3/2 to 3/30 or 3/20

Ancalagon

I decided to message my OR too. I got a response containing different dates than the ones already in this thread! But he said it still looks like "late March or early April" is the expected convene date.

Everyone wash your hands... we don't wanna jinx this

TR_9124

Out of those 50ish 1810’s do you know roughly how many were selected?

Also it looks like we have no definite answer on the board date:( my OR said nothing of it being pushed back from 3/2 to 3/30 or 3/20

There were 20 selected out of the 49 applicants, noting 11 of those applicants were PROREC-N DNR.