• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

NCCGT

Applying to this March board. (Stats below)

I know some have seen this question probably a hundred times on this forum, but is there a way for civilians to check to see if their application made it to the "at board" list? Got the PRO-REC Y for SNFO (2nd choice) last week and OR (who's pushing NFO) told me I was going to OCS soon without acknowledging Intel (1st choice). I told him I was still waiting for Intel results, since that designator is my top choice.

I'd rather be proactive than realize my package never made it. I don't know if I can PM someone my details to confirm or if I should call Millington. If someone advises me to rest easy, that's fine too.

Stats:
Male
OAR: 61
GPA: 3.95 (History/Int'l Relations) from T1 Ivy
LORs: SecDef, presidential national security adviser, Governor, 2 college professors
Work experience:
--Strategy Consultant for fighter program
--DoD in US Africa Command
--DC national security think tank
--DC strategic advisory firm focusing on defense clients
There is no way for civilians to confirm other than going through your OR. OR should be the one calling Millington or checking their systems for your status. My OR called me a couple weeks after my package was submitted and gave me confirmation that it was going to be seen at this board. Some ORs are more proactive than others.

Camille

Applying to this March board. (Stats below)

I know some have seen this question probably a hundred times on this forum, but is there a way for civilians to check to see if their application made it to the "at board" list? Got the PRO-REC Y for SNFO (2nd choice) last week and OR (who's pushing NFO) told me I was going to OCS soon without acknowledging Intel (1st choice). I told him I was still waiting for Intel results, since that designator is my top choice.

I'd rather be proactive than realize my package never made it. I don't know if I can PM someone my details to confirm or if I should call Millington. If someone advises me to rest easy, that's fine too.

Stats:
Male
OAR: 61
GPA: 3.95 (History/Int'l Relations) from T1 Ivy
LORs: SecDef, presidential national security adviser, Governor, 2 college professors
Work experience:
--Strategy Consultant for fighter program
--DoD in US Africa Command
--DC national security think tank
--DC strategic advisory firm focusing on defense clients
I have to ask, how the hell did you get those LORs and work experience by 22? Internship at the White House? Impressive and I don’t doubt you, but I have to say, I’m baffled.

Roger O. Thornhill

1830 Aspirant
I have to ask, how the hell did you get those LORs and work experience by 22? Internship at the White House? Impressive and I don’t doubt you, but I have to say, I’m baffled.

Haha, thank you! I didn't intern at the White House, but just worked with all these people in the past at other departments/firms. I've wanted to do national security since I was young, so I started soon! Also, going to my school definitely gave me a helping hand.

I just don't know how much the board cares about work experience/LoRs versus prior service--so I would think you guys are the ones with the impressive packages!

@A-Aron - absolutely. You got to grind as hard as you can and let the chips fall where they may.

Camille

Haha, thank you! I didn't intern at the White House, but just worked with all these people in the past at other departments/firms. I've wanted to do national security since I was young, so I started soon! Also, going to my school definitely gave me a helping hand.

I just don't know how much the board cares about work experience/LoRs versus prior service--so I would think you guys are the ones with the impressive packages!

@A-Aron - absolutely. You got to grind as hard as you can and let the chips fall where they may.
If only we all knew what exactly the board is looking for ? I have a feeling you’ll do just fine. I’m very impressed. I would say good luck, but I don’t think you’ll need it!

A-Aron

If he does end up getting back with you, could you let us know? I am also doubtful it was actually 3/2, but one can hope.

My OR replied back today:
"The only board I got told was pushed back was an upcoming supply board."
"I am still waiting on an official response, but normally that is sent out in an email."

I don't know how "in-the-loop" ORs are (perhaps some more than others), but I just wanted to relay to you guys what I was told today.
Of course there is no way we can ignore the fact that NCCGT provided us with an actual updated schedule (Thank you for that btw).

Griesyburger

My OR replied back today:
"The only board I got told was pushed back was an upcoming supply board."
"I am still waiting on an official response, but normally that is sent out in an email."

I don't know how "in-the-loop" ORs are (perhaps some more than others), but I just wanted to relay to you guys what I was told today.
Of course there is no way we can ignore the fact that NCCGT provided us with an actual updated schedule (Thank you for that btw).
Aw crap. Supply and IWC were the two communities I'm going for and I can't anymore waiting. Ahhhhhhh

A-Aron

I was selected for 1830 off the Decemer board and they selected 34 out of 191 applicants (10 from the fleet). I do remember seeing the projected quotas for FY20 being 15 fleet and 50 new accession, so I could see them doing this March board and potentially canceling the June and September board. We shall see. Good luck to everyone.

First of all, I just wanted to congratulate you on the selection, IS1!

Do you know if the navy released a breakdown of how many from each designator (CW/Intel/IP/Oceano) were selected off of the December board? Also, is the 34/191 referring only to 1830s or all of the IWC designators combined?

NCCGT

First of all, I just wanted to congratulate you on the selection, IS1!

Do you know if the navy released a breakdown of how many from each designator (CW/Intel/IP/Oceano) were selected off of the December board? Also, is the 34/191 referring only to 1830s or all of the IWC designators combined?
That 191 sounds like a fair number for just Intel. The other designator (IP/CW) generally have something around 60+ who apply for them. At least on past boards.