• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Huntin' season is upon us

Pugs

Back from the range
None
no, they are not native to North America. They are native to South Asia.

SF

Heading down near Rock Springs TX to hunt them in April but go this buck off our place in KY last week. 7-08 and a 120 gr TSX in the chest at about 100 yards put the meat on the pole.

allenbuckrifle09.jpg

H60Gunner

Contributor
Heading down near Rock Springs TX to hunt them in April but go this buck off our place in KY last week. 7-08 and a 120 gr TSX in the chest at about 100 yards put the meat on the pole.

Nice buck Pugs!

I got into a whole bunch of elk yesterday but had no shot.

MidWestEwo

None
Took down this buck last season. .50 muzzle loader open sites. Shot at about 60 yards right under the right eye. I was watching this deer all during shot gun season being the biggest in the area, but could never get a shot. I ended up bagging it after it lost it's antlers for some reason by PW season, but it was about a 10 point. My dad joked that you can't eat horns anyway..:)

PhonePictures029.jpg

PhonePictures028.jpg

PhonePictures029.jpg

Bevo16

pilot
You shot a trophy buck after it lost it's antlers?

Were you starving? What is the logic behind that?

That's like trolling the rest home for chicks that used to be hot.

MidWestEwo

None
You shot a trophy buck after it lost it's antlers?

Were you starving? What is the logic behind that?

That's like trolling the rest home for chicks that used to be hot.

Eh it was hardly a trophy buck. It was a very BIG buck, as Ohio is known for, but the spread wasn't trophy size and it wasn't a very pretty deer. But as I said, I was hunting it all season. I had to take him when I finally got a shot. I was kind of let down when I saw him, because I knew the deer I was looking at..without the antlers. For some reason, last season a lot of bucks lost their antlers early.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Yea, Ohio is known world wide for it's trophy bucks....and hot women.
rolleye0011.gif

Can't say about the women but Ohio, Indiana and Illinois produces some record book bucks every year. Nothing like lots of corn and beans for big deer.

Can't say I would have shot him sans the headgear with lots of tasty young does around but to each their own.

MidWestEwo

None
Can't say about the women but Ohio, Indiana and Illinois produces some record book bucks every year. Nothing like lots of corn and beans for big deer.

Can't say I would have shot him sans the headgear with lots of tasty young does around but to each their own.

In hindsight it would have been nice to see him grow up, but with so much public land in that area there is a good chance he would have been shot anyway.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
That being said, I did get some good, high-altitude-lake trout fishing.

8728_283360295509_536000509_9027514_5814663_n.jpg

8728_283362125509_536000509_9027562_755874_n.jpg

8728_283362130509_536000509_9027563_5809719_n.jpg

It's official. I hate you. I haven't been in good cold water trout fishing for over 4 years. I hope those trout were tasty. I need to make a long (or a couple short) trip to Montana in the next year or two to get my skiing/snowboarding/fishing fixes in. This cloudy, 70 degree weather is a piss poor imitation of a good hard winter. I don't know a damn thing about warm saltwater fishing down here, and don't have the time to learn right now, either.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Since I was not successful this year I'll post some from the last two years. Becoming a single parent kinda put the damper on my hunting season. Here is my 2007 bull.
2007Bull.jpg