• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Help!! Service Selection results: Wanted Air, told I'm headed to Nuke Sub... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
There needs to be a distinction made here... Nuke applies to SWO and to Submarines.

Submarines/SEALs/EOD/Diver are all strictly voluntary, meaning the Navy cannot force you to go in to any of these communities...

The way it was explained to me was that anything that required a more than 4 (or 5?) year active duty requirement was something that one had to choose, which would include SWO (N).

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Submarines/SEALs/EOD/Diver are all strictly voluntary, meaning the Navy cannot force you to go in to any of these communities...

As are flight orders. Which begs the question, what CAN they make you do in the Navy? SWO?

Also, the phase, "With all due respect" was mentioned earlier. Either what you're about to say IS respectful and needs no qualifier, or it's NOT respectful, and you shouldn't say whatever it was anyway. Disagreeing with a superior on any matter is not inherently disrespectful, it just needs to be handled appropriately and with tact, i.e. in private, using facts not emotions, and STFU once told the final decision.

Try something along the lines of,"Sir, I appreciate the needs of the Navy and will do my best in whatever community I am assigned, but I believe I will be able to serve better in a field that I have an interest in, such as SNA/SNFO/SWO/field X."

MasterBates

If I am understanding this right, they are saying MIDN are "volunteering" for Nuke because it was on their sheet, and it is required to put Nuke on your sheet somewhere.

Isn't this like ordering someone to volunteer, or is my reading comprehension AFU today?

navy09

None
If I am understanding this right, they are saying MIDN are "volunteering" for Nuke because it was on their sheet, and it is required to put Nuke on your sheet somewhere.

Isn't this like ordering someone to volunteer, or is my reading comprehension AFU today?

You're not AFU, the process is.

MIDN must list Nuke as one of their five URL choices.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
So the logic goes something like this?

All MIDN are requried to put nuke on the dreamsheet.

All MIDN volunteered for NROTC.

Therefore, all nuke selections are voluntary. ???:confused:

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I think this is a lesson for all of us.... don't get good grades, especially in science and math.

red_ryder

None
You should consider it an honor, they decided you would be best used to tend our nations nuclear sub reactors...certainly not for dummies.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
That's shady..

So basically if you do TOO good you don't get what you want. Doesn't really make sense to me.

HA! Guess who gets the hard fills...the guys who busted their asses but may not have played the game well...

MasterBates

There is another poster here (regular poster, not a just show up because you got "Screwed" poster) who wanted NA or NFO, got SWO, went "oh well, I guess I'll drive boats now" and moved on.

Do I think the "must volunteer for Nuke" is dumb. Yeah.

Did you just get your college paid for? Yep. Deal with it. There are ways to fly later if you try hard, but you can't suck at what you are going to do now if you want to fly later.

Status
Not open for further replies.