• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gasp!!! A Firearms Thread ??? GUNS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought Baby Glocks looked a little funny, but that thing looks like a block! 3" barrel though... not bad. Better have some hot loads though.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
163606_large.jpg

I guess I'm just a simple guy that likes to take things down with one shot. This is my baby right here!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BigWorm said:
163606_large.jpg

I guess I'm just a simple guy that likes to take things down with one shot. This is my baby right here!

Everyone everyone EVERYONE should have a good revolver. Simple, easy, reliable, and offered in cartridges much more popular than auto-loaders.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Yes, I know its a mag not a clip. I know that, just wasnt thinking. Do you want more info on the Sub Compact .45, I can tell you all about the experience if you want.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
RevnR6 said:
Yes, I know its a mag not a clip. I know that, just wasnt thinking. Do you want more info on the Sub Compact .45, I can tell you all about the experience if you want.

Yeah, I would ... but .45 GAP, not ACP .... I'm not even sure that they are out yet --- probably just increased any delay by 6 months after the AR article :) Do they have a S/A "Defender" 1911 in 45 GAP ???

Lawman

None
squeeze said:
is that why the Marine Corps adopted the Kimber Warrior as their next MEUSOC 45 design?

The M9 ought to give you insight into how much brains there is in the decision to buy handguns. And LAPD doesnt have a damn clue as to what they've been shoveling. I remember right after the North Hollywood shootout they told there officers they could carry .45acp's because that would have taken the guys down. No a couple more shooting quals a year would have taken the guys down (I.E. Body Armor means head shots unless your packing a .308). If you want something you can buy a neglectful department full of officers that may shoot once a year, you buy glocks. If you want something that will require massive amounts of attention and care you buy a Kimber, If you want a Combat Handgun that you can drop, throw in mud, run over with a truck, and still never expect a FTF you buy a Sig or an H&K. The Seals, GSG9 (up until very recently), Brit SAS, and Delta all agree with that.

Oh and Bigworm, Ive got Dad's old Model 19 sitting in my bedstand at night with a full load of Federal Jacketed Soft lead Hollow Points (The standard FBI Load through the 70's and 80's). Id trust my life to that thing like no other. Wheel guns are always a good idea.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
A4sForever said:
GOOD NEWS !!!-- so I pumped a 12 round magazine of .357 SIG into the neighbor's cat. I wouldn't have done it, but the cat gave me "that look" again ..... plus, he's always had an "attitude" towards me.

JUST KIDDING, UPTIGHT AW :bunny_125-LOVERS ... /// strike that /// I mean .... :kitty_125 -LOVERS ..... (another AW smiley face for you :censored_ )

Oh man I was hoping you were serious, there's some strays wandering around the flightline at NASCC if you want to shoot some here. :eek:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Such crap (not you, but what they said). A .45ACP against their body armor wouldn't have had any better effect. 9mm actually has better kevlar penetrating qualities than .45ACP in certain loads anyway. That being said, their armor WAS penetrated several times, but they weren't incapacitated. It took them a long time to bleed out enough to slow down... well one guy popped himself. I can't remember if they were hopped up on drugs, or just massive adrenaline dump (which will also keep you alive). You said it, if you want to defeat body armor, it's time for a rifle.

A) Never bring a knife to a knife fight. Bring a firearm. ;)

B) Never bring a handgun to a gun fight. Bring a rifle. :)

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Lawman said:
I remember right after the North Hollywood shootout they told there officers they could carry .45acp's because that would have taken the guys down. No a couple more shooting quals a year would have taken the guys down (I.E. Body Armor means head shots unless your packing a .308).

About a year ago I was watching... History Channel I think. They were following a pair of LAPD officers. One male, one female. The pair went to the range, and the female had 2 jams in as many rounds on her USP 45. The range officer took her aside, field stripped the gun and it was horribly gunked up, hadn't ever been cleaned. When he chastised her about it, she giggled and played it off. I was like "WTF?!?!?! Your life may depend on that!"

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
RevnR6 said:
My dad has a Springfield Ultra Compact .45 1911 as does my best friend. They are the worst guns I have ever shot, both required 2 trips to Springfield before they would fire a full clip without some sort of malfunction.

This points out an amendment I should make to my earlier statement:

Ahem;

"I would take any full-size Springfield 1911 over a full-size Kimber 1911."

I don't like compacts at all, even for CC. Being 6'5" and 210 allows me to carry larger handguns much easier than most people.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Mine. Nothing special..but will kill you...and thats all i care about.

homepictures140.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Lawman said:
......... a couple more shooting quals a year would have taken the guys down ..........(SIG or HK) The Seals, GSG9 (up until very recently), Brit SAS, and Delta all agree with that.

AMEN to that first one ... a few years ago when I had the opportunity to be trained by and train LEO's, Military, and assorted Feds, that was my big thing. PROFICIENCY and that comes from repeated PRACTICE !!! Not too many departments emphasize it. Too many LE bureaucracies do not want to devote the time (read: $$$$) to ensure their personnel are properly motivated and trained.

The second ... well, sure, SIG & HK are great -- right at the top, no argument there. But I know 3 "retired" operators (actially, they never seem to "retire" ... all 3 have spent most of the past 3 1/2 years OCONUS on government "contracts" and "consulting" jobs) who still prefer and use the 1911. Some things just always seem to work ....

Lawman

None
VetteMuscle427 said:
About a year ago I was watching... History Channel I think. They were following a pair of LAPD officers. One male, one female. The pair went to the range, and the female had 2 jams in as many rounds on her USP 45. The range officer took her aside, field stripped the gun and it was horribly gunked up, hadn't ever been cleaned. When he chastised her about it, she giggled and played it off. I was like "WTF?!?!?! Your life may depend on that!"

In general you'll find that the majority of police officers working the streets dont have a damn clue when it comes to firearms. Most departments dont help this with only requireing one or two quals a year (and the standards are sad). And then you'll find the ones like Drake from my range (Cuyahoga PD SWAT) that have enough Armorers certification and weapons to open a store.

And I think alot of the 1911 love is sorta a learned trait. Granted it has one of the best overall triggers out there because it slides back instead of rocking on a pin, so its unbelievably consitant. Me, Im a lefty. Ask any Lefty how friendly a .45 is, sorry but in the days of John Browning the mentality was learn to shoot right handed, thats just foolish now.

Lawman

None
A4sForever said:
AMEN to that first one ... a few years ago when I had the opportunity to be trained by and train LEO's, Military, and assorted Feds, that was my big thing. PROFICIENCY and that comes from repeated PRACTICE !!! Not too many departments emphasize it. Too many LE bureaucracies do not want to devote the time (read: $$$$) to ensure their personnel are properly motivated and trained.

Im at the range once a week, every week doing drills for at least an hour and usually shoot between 100-200 rounds through my duty gun (USP .40) and my Carry Gun (P7M8). And at least once a month I do another day of solid long gun (AR/FAL/Benelli) work. When the day comes for me to use deadly force, the threat will go down. Between me and my roommate, god have mercy on the poor SOB that breaks into our house, because we sure as hell wont.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Lawman said:
Between me and my roommate, god have mercy on the poor SOB that breaks into our house, because we sure as hell wont.

Rock and roll/amen to that, Lawman. Since KyCntryBoy just moved in here at my townhouse, we both have firearms in each bedroom, on opposite sides of the hall at the top of bottlenecking stairs. It'd be like shooting a really big fish in a barrel. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.