• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Cody Hitson

FY13 STA-21 SWO Applicant
Reading through the last 24 hours was a complete roller coaster. Up and down and up and down...*sigh* Let's just get these results already, eh?

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
Man, only 50 selects this year... Hopefully they'll cut those extra 25 from nukes coming out of power school. No offense to those nukes, but some of us in the fleet would love to atleast have a chance at STA-21. It's quite eye opening to see how many O's are getting their commision out of the Naval Academy... Call me biased, but I feel the Navy needs to get more Mustangs in their ranks.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Man, only 50 selects this year... Hopefully they'll cut those extra 25 from nukes coming out of power school. No offense to those nukes, but some of us in the fleet would love to atleast have a chance at STA-21. It's quite eye opening to see how many O's are getting their commision out of the Naval Academy... Call me biased, but I feel the Navy needs to get more Mustangs in their ranks.
I wonder what is the cost per Academy cadet with infrastructure overhead, faculty, etc... and compare that to STA-21/OCS/ROTC? I understand we could never remove the Naval Academy nor would we want to, but it sure is an expsensive place, especially when they pay to fly the football team all the way to Ireland.

Cody Hitson

FY13 STA-21 SWO Applicant
So, it's weird, but a funny thing happened this morning. Usually, guys in my rate don't get PTS approval until they're right down to the wire (6-7 looks at least). I was on my second look this month and the list came back with my name approved under "special circumstances." I don't want to get my hopes up here, but this seems like a pretty good sign to me.

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
I refuse to believe they're only taking 50 people this year with all the cuts they've made in the past few years. Promotions have went up like crazy and every day there are less and less active duty Navy-- it just can't be 50 people.

Lui

OCS Applicant
I refuse to believe they're only taking 50 people this year with all the cuts they've made in the past few years. Promotions have went up like crazy and every day there are less and less active duty Navy-- it just can't be 50 people.
I would like to agree but the numbers seem to match the historical ones fairly close. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out as 50.

Andyb765

Well, I refuse to be discouraged by this. Besides, there was only 1 Intel applicant picked up last year anyway, and they aren't going to take it to zero without telling everyone. I'm pretty zen about the whole process this year, because I have such a poor chance anyway, but I am already looking ahead at about how I am going to write my OCS package in the summer using my three failed attempts at STA-21.

Andyb765

I also wouldn't be surprised if the numbers went down to 1 or 2 from each category (besides nuke). Some random O-6 in PAX told me nuke was the only STA-21 option still fully funded.......

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I had the craziest dream last night that we were all selected and we were all partying and stuff .... But then I log in this morning and saw that document that says only 50 selectees and I felt my dream just get crushed .... This has been the biggest emotional roller coaster I have ever been on .... Will they just put me out of my misery and release that list already .... haha

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Got a reply from Mr.Straten saying that the fleet brief will be updated in January. If we dont have results by then at least we will have numbers ... :D

Lui

OCS Applicant
I thought i was giving good news with that budget. Turns out I was just raining down pain on all your hopes and dreams.

So, it's weird, but a funny thing happened this morning. Usually, guys in my rate don't get PTS approval until they're right down to the wire (6-7 looks at least). I was on my second look this month and the list came back with my name approved under "special circumstances." I don't want to get my hopes up here, but this seems like a pretty good sign to me.

That's fantastic news. I hope that's the case.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
That's fantastic news. I hope that's the case.

PTS is all computerized and I don't think this board would have any effect on it .... it would be nice if that was a sign but unfortunately, I don’t think that’s the case. not trying to shoot his hopes down, just dont want anyone to get them all excited for something that probably has nothing to do with what we are waiting for .... We just need the legit list to be released already so we can all either get all of our grieving out or celebrate till next year when we are at NSI.