• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
Yeah, trust me I was excited when I saw the number of pilots on that list. Pretty disappointed 10 minutes later when I found that out.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Anyway, I stumbled on this link the other day and thought you guys might wanna have a look, I'm not sure if you've seen it, but it has the number of candidates that they're looking for for each option :)

http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/nstc_Directives/NSTC_Notices/NSTCNOTE 1500- FY13 Officer Accessions_092112.pdf#page5

The Simpson's already posted that!

Simpsons_South_Park.png

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Did anybody else notice the new message when you go to the STA-21 website?

"Changes to OPNAVINST 1420.1 series are submitted as they occur, however, because updates to the instruction require extensive coordination, it is strongly recommended that personnel use the information provided on this website. The website is updated as changes are approved."

Maybe it has been there for a while, but I just noticed it. Either way, this is good to know. (Would have been better to know when I was submitting my package!!) Website trumps the instruction!

Blues1946

FY-13 IW applicant
Are we stretching for hope in these last days? I think all we can really hope for is that the best candidates get selected and that we are the best. I also appreciate everyone's digging into when the message will come out, it makes for interesting conversation. @lui, if you are the better candidate between the two of us and they only pick one then good on you brother! Of course the best outcome is we both get selected and laugh about this at NSI

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
it would be awesome if we could all joke about this at.NSI together ... If you look at the past three years messages they have been on friday and tuesday .... Lets hope for sooner than later

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
pulled up 2012 Navy budged at http://www.finance.hq.navy.mil/FMB/12pres/OMN_Vol1_book.pdf Lasts years officer Acquisition budget was 128 mil. This year it is 147 mil. 2010 was 145 mil. I would imagine were going to see numbers around the 2010 level. I might just be reading it wrong but it looks good to me.

That is some good digging. These numbers can be argued all day long, good or bad. So to play the opposite side of the field, here is this:

PG 16 of the FY13 budget:

Other Enlisted Commissioning Programs FY11 1,622; FY12 1,451; FY13 1,439

JaymesWS

That is some good digging. These numbers can be argued all day long, good or bad. So to play the opposite side of the field, here is this:

in addition:

iii) Efficiency - Decrease in Seamen to Admiral program by 70 students per year and also reduces associated support costs.
(Baseline $6,468)

exNavyOffRec

They just did a significant bump up in OCS accessions for Pilot and NFO, about 200 total, and several other designators say bump ups for overal an increase of over 300, depending on what amount they assign for each person that could account for a good chunk of change.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
They just did a significant bump up in OCS accessions for Pilot and NFO, about 200 total, and several other designators say bump ups for overal an increase of over 300, depending on what amount they assign for each person that could account for a good chunk of change.

Well here is some new news for everyone, not gonna like this one...

http://www.finance.hq.navy.mil/fmb/13pres/OMN_Vol1_book.pdf

PG 340 (page number 340, not pdf page 340); Take a look at the acquisition numbers for the program.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
in addition:

iii) Efficiency - Decrease in Seamen to Admiral program by 70 students per year and also reduces associated support costs.
(Baseline $6,468)
Boy if we lose another 70, that is everyone haha. I think it's been general consensus that the sta-21 numbers will stay where they are at, before the program is eliminated all together.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Well here is some new news for everyone, not gonna like this one...

http://www.finance.hq.navy.mil/fmb/13pres/OMN_Vol1_book.pdf

PG 340 (page number 340, not pdf page 340); Take a look at the acquisition numbers for the program.
WOW! Well I'am not worried about results now. Thanks popo, and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. I think STA-21 is on its last leg, if the selects comes out to be 50. Most of that will be nuke.