• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Okay I just read popo's comment AGAIN .... these are the commissioning number for this year, meaning that the selectees from 1-3 years ago who are finish their school ??? Alright I am going to ask the IT's to block this site from my computer ....

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
Alright, I take back my last statement-- I got unofficial word from a friend of mine (won't say any names) that the list actually comes out by this coming Monday. BE ON THE LOOKOUT
I don't think I have ever seen any selection/advancement results posted on mondays?

exNavyOffRec

Okay I just read popo's comment AGAIN .... these are the commissioning number for this year, meaning that the selectees from 1-3 years ago who are finish their school ??? Alright I am going to ask the IT's to block this site from my computer ....

yes commissioning numbers meant they were selected years ago when talking about NROTC or STA21, and just because number don't match what was selected doesn't mean that is what they thought was going to be picked, the OCS numbers ended up being very different in several designators than originally put out.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
yes commissioning numbers meant they were selected years ago when talking about NROTC or STA21, and just because number don't match what was selected doesn't mean that is what they thought was going to be picked, the OCS numbers ended up being very different in several designators than originally put out.

Makes much more sense now ... I think my brain would have been better off not seing those numbers.

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
Unless your CO's have the NAVADMIN pulled by the IT's prior to populating message traffic, it'll be there first.

MONEYMIKE7

i hope all this added gouge isnt to start a commotion in this forum....but lets hope these reults are right around the corner!

cricechex

When is the last time you've seen board results posted on a Friday afternoon? I can't remember any. Probably because admin types don't work on Friday afternoons...;)

Willy P

FY-13 Pilot Applicant
When is the last time you've seen board results posted on a Friday afternoon? I can't remember any. Probably because admin types don't work on Friday afternoons...;)

As a matter of fact, the NAVADMIN for last year's STA-21 results was dated on a Friday. It was on a Tuesday the year before that. Both times it was the third full week of October, which is why I've been expecting to see results next week.

cricechex

Was it on a Friday last year? I stand corrected. Either way, admin still doesn't work on Friday afternoons.......JK

Seriously though, I sincerely hope the numbers are higher this year but I am not expecting anything different from last year. From a mere budgeting perspective this program doesn't make much sense. There are so many out of work college grads right now that the Navy recruiters are most likely having an easy time filling quotas and turning good candidates away. Why would the Navy bean counters want to spend the money to send us to school when there are $500 billion in budget cuts taking effect in January? Yes, we all have unique backgrounds within the Navy that would arguably give us a leg up on the non mustang types but is it worth the added cost? I sure hope someone important thinks so, but.........Regardless, I'll keep applying until I finish my degree or am too old. Worst case scenario, each of us have most likely worked harder and been recognized more often within our commands for our efforts simply because we have had our eyes set on acceptance into this program. That alone is worth the effort in my opinion.