• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Not to nuke this anymore then I already have but I looked at last year's selection message and it was released at 1400 Zulu time on a Friday ... that equates to 0700 for us here on the West Coast ... Im just saying that if I dont see anything by 0830 tomorrow morning Im not gonna expect it until next week .... Keepin them fingers crossed ...

Lui

OCS Applicant
Is there anyone on the west coast with msg traffic access who wouldn't mind dropping me a txt when the navadmin eventually hits?

Lui

OCS Applicant
Not to nuke this anymore then I already have but I looked at last year's selection message and it was released at 1400 Zulu time on a Friday ... that equates to 0700 for us here on the West Coast ... Im just saying that if I dont see anything by 0830 tomorrow morning Im not gonna expect it until next week .... Keepin them fingers crossed ...
It was released Friday evening a couple years ago wasn't it?

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
I think in FY08, results came out at like 1900 EST. I'm not sure there is a set formula - I would go ahead and get into the mindset that they aren't coming out now, check the website every once in awhile, and enjoy your time until either the mad dash to get ready for NSI or the long wait of next years application process.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I think in FY08, results came out at like 1900 EST. I'm not sure there is a set formula - I would go ahead and get into the mindset that they aren't coming out now, check the website every once in awhile, and enjoy your time until either the mad dash to get ready for NSI or the long wait of next years application process.

I hope im part of the mad dash group ... haha ...

DiscoMav

FY 13 STA 21 Applicant
Is there anyone on the west coast with msg traffic access who wouldn't mind dropping me a txt when the navadmin eventually hits?
Maybe those of you with "the magic" could post it here... or we could just stalk you. Either way.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Maybe those of you with "the magic" could post it here... or we could just stalk you. Either way.
Well I work on a computer from 0700-1600 PST so if there's anything released in those times I will post it first chance I get ... and trust me ... Im watching it like a hawk ...

exNavyOffRec

The thought process that $750,000 dollars is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things is exactly the type of thinking that has gotten our government into $16 trillion + debt.

Your background in specwar does have a legitmate arguement along with some other designators such as Nuke and CEC maybe. However, many of the options don't require specific backgrounds. ie. Pilot, NFO, Intel, SWO, Nurse Corp etc. These options don't require specific enlisted backgrounds. I would say that we are both correct based on last years numbers. All of the options with no specific enlisted sources were down in numbers while Nuke had very high selection rates. I think this info backs your thoughts up about cost benefit analysis for certain options aw well as mine in a general sense.

Nuke doesn't matter, you have to go thru the entire pipeline again, and while there are some similarities in nuke school between enlisted and officer they are different, and the qualifications in the fleet while there are similarities are different, there have been several cases where people passed nuke school as enlisted but failed as officers, rare but it has happened. The CEC could say the same as while a person that is in the seabees going for CEC would have a knowledge of CEC that doesn't mean that they will have no problem in school.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I have some mad respect for those of you who applied and were not selected last year. Having to go through this wait a second time and stay motivated is tough.If results don't turn out in my favor, I will remember you guys and use the memory as an inspiration to stay motivated and focused on the goal .....

tmcgee7

Nuke MM1
Im slowly losing my sanity in anticipation, but thanks to this forum, i know it's normal. Otherwise i would be disappointed in myself for feeling like a little kid right before christmas at my age.

Lui

OCS Applicant
Im slowly losing my sanity in anticipation, but thanks to this forum, i know it's normal. Otherwise i would be disappointed in myself for feeling like a little kid right before christmas at my age.
The bad part is you don't know if your opening a bunch of empty boxes or not.

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
last year before results came out they updated the brief on the STA-21 website, also the results on bupers showed up way after the NAVADMIN in which case would be relased via message traffic before posting on the web site... I have my radio IT's eyes peeled look for that NAVADMIN!! Good luck to all!
I took your advise omararw, and I just checked the STA-21 brief, I started to get excited because eventhough it still says FY-12, someone is in there making edits today. If you look at the bottom left corner of the slides you will notice that it says 10/12/2012. We are in the final stretch now, I guess it will be anyday now.

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
I wish I had some good news for you all but I just spoke to a YN2 in N1's office and he said he's working on the message now, which means it'll probably be going out next week. I know I said monday, but that was information I got from the YN1 in that office who is on leave.

I'll keep everyone posted as I get information!

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
I wish I had some good news for you all but I just spoke to a YN2 in N1's office and he said he's working on the message now, which means it'll probably be going out next week. I know I said monday, but that was information I got from the YN1 in that office who is on leave.

I'll keep everyone posted as I get information!
Does it take more than a day to make up a message, I'm MM type so I don't know these kinds of things. I would think you are spot on for Monday if he is working on it right now?